Running Lingerie

by Meghann on February 19, 2013

Good morning!

It was another gorgeous morning for a run. We’ve seriously been lucking out with great running weather in Tampa Bay lately, the slightly cooler weather makes training for speed so much more enjoyable.

I had a 6 mile run on the schedule today with a 4 mile tempo @ 8:10 min/mi pace.

I started with a one mile warm-up then got to business with getting speedy. It actually took me another mile or so to really warm up and feel comfortable hovering at an 8:10ish pace. My second and third tempo miles were slightly speedier than my first and last tempo miles.

Splits:

• mile 1: 9:32
  • mile 2: 8:15
  • mile 3: 8:08
  • mile 4: 8:02
  • mile 5: 8:15
  • mile 6: 9:17
  • Total time: 51:31
  • 6 mile average: 8:35 mi/min

These miles felt really good. After my coach pushed us on our post-bike speed run on Sunday, I was reminded how much work I still have ahead of me if I still want to achieve that sub-48 10k goal at the end of next month. At least after today’s run I feel like I’m still heading in the right direction. It’s not going to happen overnight, but I’m getting there.

During today’s run I rocked the Women’s Epiphany Bra II that Brooks sent me as part of my Brooks Running Ambassadorship program.

48140_10102780632332363_379295061_n.jpg

I had to laugh when I first opened the email about the Brooks sports bras.

“We’re no Victoria’s Secret, but with Valentine’s Day coming up, it might be time to step up your running lingerie game. Therefore, we’re sending you a Brooks Running bra to try! “

And that sense of humor is why I love Brooks so much. 🙂

Unfortunately the “running lingerie” didn’t arrive in time for Valentine’s Day, but with a sports bra like this, who says Valentine’s Day can’t be an everyday event? Ladies, how much would you swoon if your significant other randomly gave you a sports bra wrapped with a bow? I would take this over a piece of see-through panties any day of the week. And I’m pretty sure nothing turns my hubby on more than seeing me in a sweaty sports bra. Well, that’s probably a stretch, but trust me, he’ll appreciate the care I’ve taken in supporting my girls in a few years.

Alright, back to the bra.

I selected the Women’s Epiphany Bra II because I have the Epiphany Support Tank and love, love, LOVE it. It’s one of the most supportive running tanks I own and if they transferred any of that same level of support to the sports bra version of the top, then I knew my girls were in good hands.

220444_001_f_ZM.jpg

A smart essential with a sporty touch, the Epiphany Bra II brings medium-impact support, best suited for C cup sizes, and moisture-transfer technologies to a modern look.

The sports bra was comfortable and I felt well supported during my run. Nothing rubbed or chafed and everything stayed where it should have stayed. The bra looked good, too. I loved the heather grey print I chose, which gave it a little style without being over the top. Overall I thought the bra lived up to everything I love about the Epiphany top – cute, comfortable, and supportive. Sports bra win!

Post-run breakfast:

Scrambled eggs with spinach and feta with a side of peaches and almond butter. Yum!

So, which do you prefer: running lingerie or the regular stuff?

1 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats February 19, 2013 at 10:39 am

I am forever on the search for a sports bra that can support the girls alone (I currently run with two sports bras every run!) I would always prefer running lingerie to lacey bows 🙂
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Coconut Grove Art Festival

2 Sheena February 19, 2013 at 2:59 pm

Not sure what size you are, but Moving Comfort is the only thing I’ve found that can take me away from running with 2-3 sports bras on!

3 cmg February 19, 2013 at 3:06 pm

agreed! juno is the only bra i will ever buy

4 Megan February 19, 2013 at 10:42 am

Loveee my moving comfort juno bras. I can’t live without them now! I do enjoy some pretty VS undies, but the functionality of a solid sports bra makes such a different in working out!

5 Lindsey February 19, 2013 at 10:46 am

Love it! Running lingerie 🙂 The bra looks really comfy. I always find a good running bra to be hard they either too much and I feel suffocated or not enough!
Lindsey recently posted..Technology Hater & Clean UP Winner

6 Natalie @ Free Range Human February 19, 2013 at 10:47 am

Gotta go with a sports bra! I’m pretty sure if I could get away with only wearing sports bras, I would definitely do it!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..You Are Marvelous

7 Emily February 19, 2013 at 11:04 am

I’ll have to check this out….I’m in the market for a new sports bra!

I worked at VS and was a manager all through college, so I have more than my far share of the “regular” stuff. I could write a book with all the strange stories I’ve acquired over 5 years! lol
Emily recently posted..Time To Detox

8 Meghann February 19, 2013 at 11:12 am

Ha! I would so read that book!

9 Emily February 19, 2013 at 2:41 pm

Hmm, I may just have to write a post about it!
Emily recently posted..Time To Detox

10 Maureen February 19, 2013 at 11:18 am

Lately for me it’s been the running stuff, although I do appreciate a good Victoria’s Secret trip.
Maureen recently posted..Bonus Day

11 Stephanie February 19, 2013 at 11:21 am

I spend far too much money at Victoria. It’s the sparkly floor that does it.

Peaches and almond butter?! I’m so intrigued.

12 Sara @ Fitcupcaker February 19, 2013 at 11:22 am

I like that bra a lot looks so comfy. I love your post run meals and way to go on that pace!
Sara @ Fitcupcaker recently posted..Last Day Of Giveaway: Push Up Challenge: Baked Goods

13 skinnyrunner February 19, 2013 at 11:33 am

i hate saying it, but id choose running gear. what have ive done, ive turned into a runner!

14 Caitlin February 19, 2013 at 11:36 am

I’m definitely going to check out that sports bra- I tend to let mine go too long before replacing them.
I prefer running gear over sexy lingerie any day of the year, unfortunately my guy doesn’t feel the same.

15 Angela February 19, 2013 at 11:55 am

Looks like a good choice! My favorite sports bra right now is a Nike one, I haven’t gotten a new one in awhile though… They’re so expensive!
Angela recently posted..25 things about my favorite 25 year old.

16 Annette @FitnessPerks February 19, 2013 at 11:55 am

Haha. This is not lingerie. 😉

I like a good sports bra though!
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Pizza Fail in the Kitchen

17 Stephanie @ My Freckled Life February 19, 2013 at 12:08 pm

I love “running lingerie”. It sounds so much sexier than “workout gear” or “sports bra”. I have to admit, I tend to be cheap when it comes to workout gear and get most of mine from stores like TJ Maxx and Ross. But you can definitely tell the difference when you get a good quality sports bra!
Stephanie @ My Freckled Life recently posted..Presidents, Crocodiles and Spoilers

18 Diana February 19, 2013 at 12:10 pm

It’s a shame this weather won’t stick around for Gasparilla this weekend!

19 RunEatRepeat February 19, 2013 at 12:10 pm

Running gear every time!
RunEatRepeat recently posted..Breaking RER News

20 PeachyLau February 19, 2013 at 12:15 pm

Do you think that this swimmer back shape offers more support than a traditional’s bra shape? It has very flattering shape in any case.
PeachyLau recently posted..3 days in Paris: 3 places where to eat.

21 Meghann February 19, 2013 at 12:38 pm

I think it definitely gives a more flattering shape and is less likely to chafe. I would say it’s as supportive as a traditional sports bra.

22 Meghan @ After the Ivy League February 19, 2013 at 12:26 pm

Haha! I love calling it “running lingerie”. I totally agree, sports bras can be sexy so why the heck not? I love my sports bras, definitely prefer them over “normal” lingerie!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..I’m Not Skinny (and I don’t want to be)

23 [email protected] February 19, 2013 at 1:04 pm

You’re so right about the weather being awesome for running lately! But I think its getting back into the 70s and 80s this week (not complaining, but cooler weather is definitely preferred for running). I would so much rather receive a great sports bra than lingerie- much more useful!

24 Sonia the Mexigarian February 19, 2013 at 1:15 pm

I managed to beat the rain this morning for my run. Supposed to rain off an on for the next couple days. :\

The bra looks pretty, sleek, and stylish. I like. I really love the colors offered on the website. Bright is my way to go. It also helps to find when I am fumbling in the dark through my dresser.
Sonia the Mexigarian recently posted..A Hungarian Valentine’s Dinner

25 Krissy @ Shiawase Life February 19, 2013 at 1:19 pm

Thanks for the review!
Krissy @ Shiawase Life recently posted..Tune in Tuesday.

26 Natalie February 19, 2013 at 1:42 pm

I love getting running gear. I would much rather receive a sports bra instead of lingerie. My husband bought me 3 pairs of compression socks for my birthday and I was so excited!!
Natalie recently posted..A much better run.

27 Beth @ Running with the Sunrise February 19, 2013 at 1:48 pm

Your new sports bra is really cute! I’ve been so lazy lately that my (clean) sports lingerie is becoming my regular lingerie. I figure if I’m going to yoga later in the day anyway, why put on a regular bra and then change? Your breakfast peach looks heavenly. I can’t wait for peach season!
Beth @ Running with the Sunrise recently posted..Long Run Reward = Fro Yo

28 meghan February 19, 2013 at 8:15 pm

Nice job on the tempo. I have learned to hate them and fear them. I did a 20 minute on yesterday and held 8:05, but it burned like the dickens and I talked myself down for the last 1/3 of the run.
meghan recently posted..Number Two

29 BroccoliHut February 19, 2013 at 8:19 pm

I am so jealous of your weather. We’ve been having nothing but COLD and gray days here in Durham. Blah.
I would totally prefer running lingerie over the regular stuff. I get so excited for new workout gear!
BroccoliHut recently posted..Pasta with Roasted Beet Sauce

30 Lauren @ Eat Like An Elephant February 19, 2013 at 10:14 pm

Haha as much as I love my sports bras I would still rather have the fancy stuff, because that I WONT spend money on myself! Sports bras are a necessity so I can justify the money 🙂
Lauren @ Eat Like An Elephant recently posted..The Diet Dilemma

31 Emily N February 20, 2013 at 2:57 pm

I need to be better about COOKING breakfast. I always eat it, but definitely take the lazy mans out even when i really want eggs!
Emily N recently posted..A Baby Update + the Usual – Running