more ยป" />

Smear of Goat Cheese

by Meghann on February 14, 2013

In the spirit of Valentine’s Day…

Cheesy, I know, but it brought a smile to my face today. ๐Ÿ™‚

Lunch!

I made a killer sandwich today – salsalito turkey with smoked sausage, spinach, and a smear of goat cheese. Yuummmmyyyy. Who needs mayo or mustard when you have goat cheese as the ultimate condiment?

On the side I had some carrot sticks, cucumber slices, and hummus.

On my mind:

The Healthy Living Summit is currently looking for speakers for the 2013 summit in Minnesota. Click here for more details on how to apply!

I recently discovered PicMonkey through a blogger friend and am OBSESSED with the free online photo editing program. I have photoshop, but find PicMonkey is so much more intuitive and easier to use. If you’ve never heard of PicMonkey, head there now and just try not to get sucked into an hour of editing fun. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Screen shot 2013-02-14 at 2.26.02 PM.png

It’s also a great custom collage tool.

Screen shot 2013-02-14 at 2.29.04 PM.png

Check out the Facebook cover I put together in less than 2 minutes.

weddingcover.jpg

LOVE!

Did you hear about the Carnival Triumph? The ship lost power out at sea and is slowly being pulled back to port (with a few thousand angry passengers inside). The latest reports guesstimate the ship still has 7 hours until it’s back in port, which means ย they’ve had a total of 5 days of backed-up sewage lines, un-air conditioned rooms, and limited food for everyone on board. Scary. Scary. stuff.

I updated the wedding page! Yes, all my day-of wedding recaps are done, but I still have a few other wedding-related posts up my sleeve that I wanted to get out there. Today’s post was a review of all the Titusville wedding vendors we used for the wedding. Since I was pretty obsessed with ready vendor reviews when I was planning my wedding, I wanted to share my experience with all the great vendors we worked with. Not a paid post, just spreading the love!

Anything on your mind?

1 Sarah w. February 14, 2013 at 2:41 pm

your info is wrong! its set to be back in port by 7pm tonight!

its already been on the high seas for FIVE days without power.

2 Meghann February 14, 2013 at 2:45 pm

you’re right! that was supposed to say 7 hours, not 7 days. ๐Ÿ™‚

3 Natalie @ will jog for food February 14, 2013 at 2:54 pm

I was on the Triumph a few years ago. I feel SO bad for the people on that cruise!
Natalie @ will jog for food recently posted..Indian Food First Timer

4 Meghann February 14, 2013 at 2:55 pm

I was on the Triumph in 2007. I couldn’t imagine being stuck out there for that long in those conditions. I feel awful for those folks.

5 Natalie @ Free Range Human February 14, 2013 at 2:58 pm

I am horrified by the cruise ship situation. There have been quite a few of these kinds of stories in the last few years making it less and less likely that I will ever get on one!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Peanut Butter Makes It Better

6 Katie February 14, 2013 at 2:58 pm

A friend of mine was just on this cruise, and he had no troubles, but I am feeling for those people (and this is why I am so scared of cruises). Thank you for letting us know there was an update to the wedding page, I don’t click over there often, so I like when you let us know. Also, thank you for the picmonkey info! I’ve been wanting an online photo editing (I have none) so this will help me alot!!
Katie recently posted..Find Your Love

7 Bethany @ Accidental Intentions February 14, 2013 at 3:11 pm

PicMonkey is the best! I used Picnik all the time before they shut it down, but personally I think PicMonkey is better than Picnik anyway. Their Facebook cover collage thing is my go-to for my cover photo. So helpful!
Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted..Thursday Things

8 Annette @FitnessPerks February 14, 2013 at 3:12 pm

I love goat cheese!

That’s cool about the FB cover thing from PicMonkey–thanks for sharing.

That cruise ship thing is SO scary! & gross

9 Amy February 14, 2013 at 3:18 pm

First a pap smear, now a goat cheese smear.

Love your blog, but too many smears lately… ๐Ÿ™‚
Amy recently posted..My Sweaty Valentine

10 Katie February 18, 2013 at 12:53 pm

Hahaha! Sorry, that’s awesome! One can never have too many “schmears” in their day. ๐Ÿ™‚
Katie recently posted..Valentineโ€™s Day 2013

11 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats February 14, 2013 at 4:19 pm

I’ve actually got a couple picmonkey tutorials on my blog, I’m a huge fan!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Thursday Thoughts

12 Beth @ Running with the Sunrise February 14, 2013 at 4:23 pm

Thanks for the link to the photo editor! That looks like a really handy tool. Goat cheese is one of the most amazing things ever created. I used to live relatively close to a goat farm and became a bit of a goat cheese addict. I didn’t mind the addiction so much because the goats were so happy and I was supporting a local farm.
Beth @ Running with the Sunrise recently posted..Lovely Day for a Run

13 Courtney February 14, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Oh my goodness, this website is SO much fun! Thanks for suggesting PicMonkey! ๐Ÿ™‚
Courtney recently posted..Hereโ€™s to January 2013.

14 [email protected] February 14, 2013 at 4:40 pm

I LOVE Picmonkey! I use it to make our Christmas cards and I used it to send a Valentine’s card of my daughter to my mom LOL The themes are super fun and easy to use.

The cruise fiasco is terrifying. We got back from a 7 day cruise last month and one of my fears was being adrift in the Caribbean. Those poor people! It definitely makes me think twice about booking the Carnival cruise my husband and I were tossing back and forth.
[email protected] recently posted..Two Cool Things

15 Angela February 14, 2013 at 5:15 pm

I love PicMonkey also. So much less confusing than Photoshop! That is pretty scary about the cruise… I still want to go on one though. ๐Ÿ™‚
Angela recently posted..Throwback Thursday {v-day edition}

16 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More February 14, 2013 at 5:27 pm

That’s just so scary to me! I’ve never been on a cruise but it’s situations like this that make me afraid of ever going on one. (I’m a big baby!)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Love YOU!

17 Steph February 14, 2013 at 6:05 pm

Picmonkey is awesome. I actually paid the monthly couple of bucks to open up the bigger features. It’s awesome!
Steph recently posted..Love

18 Heather February 14, 2013 at 7:00 pm

My coworker’s mother is on the Triumph, so we’ve been hearing about all of the craziness!

19 Sara @ fitcupcaker February 14, 2013 at 7:46 pm

Oh I use picmonkey like its my life!! LOL I love it!
Sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..Overnite Oats & The ABC’s of Recipes

20 Anne @ eatcleaneatreal February 14, 2013 at 8:23 pm

Seriously, goat cheese IS the ultimate condiment. It can be paired with pretty much anything, sweet or savory, and totally transform a dish. I am OBSESSED, and totally OK with it ๐Ÿ˜‰
Anne @ eatcleaneatreal recently posted..Day 20: Cookie Monster

21 BroccoliHut February 14, 2013 at 8:56 pm

I just love that picture of Maddie! Adorable.
I will definitely have to check out PicMonkey–I easily get obsessed with photo editing programs.
Happy Valentine’s Day!