Eggplant Chicken Salad

by Meghann on February 7, 2013

I think I found a way to make last night’s eggplant dip look a tad more appealing for the camera – turn it into a chicken salad sandwich.

Ta da! It’s a little better, no?

I had leftover chicken breast and eggplant dip in the fridge. What better way to take advantage of the leftovers than combine the two? Throw in some sliced olives and green onion and you have a tasty alternative chicken salad sandwich, no mayo required. Plus you have the added bonus of sneaking some veggies in with the eggplant dip. Oh, and it tasted good too.

Cucumbers are the new potato chips. Obviously.

IMG_8322.jpg

Well, that or they’re just the new side veggie of choice. Who am I kidding – no veggie will ever permanently replace a salty potato chip. ;)

Something new!

Though Müller has been a well known yogurt brand in Europe for years, Quaker has only recently started bringing Muller to the United States (I first heard of the brand when they were a sponsor at BlogHer last year). In honor of Muller hitting store shelves in Tampa later this month, the company sent me a few samples to try.

I was instantly drawn to the creative flavors ( like Caramelized Almonds, Choco Balls, and Choco Flakes). I always enjoy yogurt flavors that are outside the box of the traditional fruity flavors, especially ones that promise a nice crunch like the caramelized almonds.

The Müller Greek Corner yogurts are presented in a split package with a side compartment of toppings you add yourself.

The yogurt was creamy, but not as thick as other greek yogurts I’ve tried. It’s also plain yogurt (I’m not sure why I was expecting vanilla?), which means it’s not very sweet. The almonds did add a nice crunch and gave the yogurt a much needed touch of sweetness.

Overall I would say it’s okay. I thought the amount of yogurt you actually get from the container was deceivingly small. This was a light snack that didn’t really fill me up. However, if all you want is a light, quick snack, then this will work just fine.

Have you tried Müller yogurt? What did you think?

1 Kell February 7, 2013 at 4:34 pm

I got talked into buying the Muller yogurts while at Kroger about a month or so ago. The little guy who was working there saw me pick them up and came over to tell me how wonderful they were. I’m too polite in these situations, so I added five (yes, five!!) to my basket. They were good, but nothing outstanding.

2 Janine @ The Purple Giraffe February 7, 2013 at 4:36 pm

I love the Muller Greek Corners! The Caramelized Almond one is my favorite. I feel like their “plain” yogurt is still sweeter than most of the plain Greek yogurts I’ve tried (Chobani, Fage, Dannon). I take one of these to work in the morning for breakfast, because between the almonds and the yogurt, the high protein content keeps me full for a while!

3 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats February 7, 2013 at 4:53 pm

You know, I think I saw these in my grocery store this morning! It’s just a local market next to my apartment in Chicago, but I remember seeing them and thinking “those look European” haha.

4 Beth @ Running with the Sunrise February 7, 2013 at 5:39 pm

I haven’t tried Muller yet, but I saw an ad for it on TV yesterday and will probably give it a try if I can find it at my grocery store. I’m always up for checking out a new style of greek yogurt.

5 Emily February 7, 2013 at 5:53 pm

I loved Muller yogurt when I was in the UK, however, when we tried some here in the US recently, my husband opened one (that wasn’t expired) and it was moldy! I know these things can happen, but it sure didn’t make me happy, or want to make me try it again…

6 Courtney February 7, 2013 at 5:56 pm

I’ve seen Muller at Kroger, but haven’t tossed it into the basket to try because I’m so into my Fage! ;)

7 Angela February 7, 2013 at 5:58 pm

I’m not a huge plain yogurt gal. I really like Chobani the best I think.

8 Colleen February 7, 2013 at 9:40 pm

Over the summer, mueller was handing out CASES of this yogurt in downtown Boston. They literally couldn’t give it away after awhile. Our office refrigerators were stuffed. Too sugary for my taste on a regular basis, but the chocolate crispy cereal pieces were a nice treat.

9 Barry Wright, III February 8, 2013 at 8:44 pm

I too saw the Mueller corners at my local Wegmans last weekend. Comparable to a similar product Chobani seems to have just rolled out, but like you noticed, the yogurt was a little thinner than what I’m used to, which means I’ll probably stick to the standard.