They’re here!

by Meghann on January 29, 2013

Wedding photos are here! Wedding photos are here!!

MeghannDerek0230.jpg

And I think I’ve fallen in love with my husband all over again. He’s such a goof. πŸ™‚

MeghannDerek0540.jpg

MeghannDerek0555.jpg

MeghannDerek0246.jpg

We seriously have way too much fun together.

MeghannDerek0623.jpg

MeghannDerek0625.jpg MeghannDerek0626.jpg

MeghannDerek0627.jpg MeghannDerek0629.jpg

MeghannDerek0632.jpg

Love him!

*photos courtesy of Andrea Hubbell Photography

Now that I have the photos, I can officially start writing the recaps from the day. Andrea took some amazing photos, so I have a lot of great stuff to share. I can’t wait!

I’m glad I didn’t discover the email with the photos until after my run, otherwise I’m afraid I wouldn’t have got out the door. As it was, I had sat down briefly at my computer to log my run in DailyMile when I noticed the email. One hour later I was still in sweaty clothes scrolling through photos and my stomach was growling. I had to force myself to step away from the computer to take a shower. I definitely would have been a lost cause if the email came earlier!

The run was great. Tuesdays are my “speed” days and today’s run consisted of 3x800s @ 3:46 with 400 jogs in between for a total of 5 miles with a warm up and a cool down. I opted for a 2 mile warm up since my legs were super tight after yesterday low bar back squats. They started to loosen up about 2 miles in and I attempted to do the 800s on my normal path, watching the Garmin for the .5 mile intervals. I know doing 800 repeats on a sidewalk isn’t the best idea, but I’m not sure of any tracks near me that are open to the public at 6:30 in the morning. I really need to find one though, you get so much more out of the 800s on a track versus the sidewalk.

After I finally got my butt in the shower, I toasted two leftover pancakes from Saturday’s breakfast and slathered them with almond butter and Kashi Go Lean Crisp.

I love the extra crunch the cereal gives to the pancakes.

On the side I sliced some strawberries and blueberries.

Delicious.

Let the wedding recap writing begin!!

1 Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio January 29, 2013 at 10:06 am

Too cute!!! I love the last photo.
Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio recently posted..Flipping My Diet

2 Emily N January 29, 2013 at 10:12 am

Also did 3x800s today, but mine have gotten REALLY slow now that bebe is on board! Sigh. It will come back! πŸ™‚

Nice job on the pace with yours though! You are working hard toward your goal for sure!
Emily N recently posted..A Few Details, and Some Workouts

3 J January 29, 2013 at 10:12 am

I don’t live near a track, so I use an app called IntervalTimer for my speedwork. You can program in whatever workout you want to do, play music, and the app will beep at you when it’s time to switch from high to low intensity. It’s still not quite the same as running around a track, but it does keep me from staring at my watch and makes me commit to the full intervals. There are other apps like it out there, so maybe give one a shot?

4 Maureen January 29, 2013 at 10:12 am

Love those pictures! It looks like you guys are having a lot of fun. And I never thought of topping pancakes with cereal! I usually go with sliced almonds when I’m looking for some crunch factor, but I’ll have to remember the cereal in the future.
Maureen recently posted..Training Smart

5 Rachel @ RachelRuns29.11 January 29, 2013 at 10:15 am

I’ve been searching Tampa for a track to run on….Speeding down a sidewalk is dangerous and I get weird looks from people that think I’m trying to impress them with my speed as I pass. I’ve heard of a loop for walkers in Forest Hills but haven’t checked it out yet to see how crowded it gets.

6 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige January 29, 2013 at 10:17 am

GORGEOUS! Love how your personalities just shine through the pictures. You look so beautiful in your dress, too πŸ™‚

7 Lauren @ Eat Like An Elephant January 29, 2013 at 10:18 am

Haha I was the same way when I got my wedding pictures- nothing else got done and no one else was fed…I’m pretty sure we got pizza that night πŸ™‚
Lauren @ Eat Like An Elephant recently posted..The Healthy Protein Smoothie

8 Maureen January 29, 2013 at 10:18 am

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pics so far! Can’t wait to see more & read the recaps. πŸ™‚
Maureen recently posted..Thankful

9 Amy @Honey Badger Runs January 29, 2013 at 10:30 am

Great wedding photos, so sweet!
Amy @Honey Badger Runs recently posted..New pace freakout

10 Natalie @ Free Range Human January 29, 2013 at 10:35 am

Those are so cute! I love candid shots like that instead of stiff, formal photos!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Hey Girl

11 Emily January 29, 2013 at 10:48 am

Aww these are great! Can’t wait to see the rest.A great photographer can really make or break your day. Our photos turned out terriable and I constantly think about reposing for a few even 1.5 years later…

You look beautiful and so happy (both of you!) Congrats πŸ™‚

12 Dori January 29, 2013 at 10:51 am

Gorgeous photos! Looking forward to the wedding day recaps.
Dori recently posted..Workout Plan: Week of January 28, 2013 (I taught my first spin class)

13 Lindsey January 29, 2013 at 10:56 am

They are beautiful!!

14 Claire January 29, 2013 at 10:57 am

She looks like a great photographer! One question on Derek’s suit – was it pressed prior to the wedding? It’a shame that it’s wrinkly in the majority of the pictures. It takes away from the overall picture!

15 Allison January 29, 2013 at 4:49 pm

I am quite possibly the last person in the world to ever white knight for a blogger on the internet, but good lord–what is even the point of this question? The point of constructive criticism is to give it to someone at a time when they can act on it. I’m not sure what you’re hoping to gain or prove by telling her this after the fact.

16 Meghann January 29, 2013 at 4:56 pm

It’s okay, Allison. Claire has a history of leaving similar comments on the blog… after a while you learn to ignore them.

The suit was pressed before the wedding, but the material is prone to wrinkles and there’s not much we could do about it beyond that. Honestly, the wrinkles don’t bother me at all. I’m not looking at the wrinkles, I’m too busy concentration on the smiles on our faces. πŸ™‚

17 J January 29, 2013 at 5:26 pm

I’m not big on weddings, so when you first started posting about planning, I was like, uh oh, here we go; however, I’ve been really impressed by how positive you’ve been even in the face of little mishaps. I think you struck a nice balance between trying to plan the wedding of your dreams and actually having fun and focusing on what really matters.

18 Sonia the Mexigarian January 29, 2013 at 11:25 am

such a lovely sneak peek. such love and humor in these photos πŸ™‚ congrats again!
I can wait to see an up close shot of your dress. it looks somewhat similar to my sisters. . .
Sonia the Mexigarian recently posted..It’s difficult. . .

19 Laura @ My Pink Thumb January 29, 2013 at 11:25 am

BEAUTIFUL photos!! πŸ™‚
Laura @ My Pink Thumb recently posted..My Pregnancy: 24 Weeks

20 abbi January 29, 2013 at 11:30 am

Gorgeous photos! I agree, if I were in your shoes and found that e-mail before a run it would have been a very delayed run!
abbi recently posted..Sandy Hook Elementary Memorial Virtual Half Marathon and 5K

21 Annette @FitnessPerks January 29, 2013 at 11:30 am

That’s so exciting! I love all the photos already!!! YAY <3
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Improve & Burn

22 Army Amy* January 29, 2013 at 11:38 am

These first few teaser pictures are so cute! Y’all look so happy – the sign of a good wedding day!

I’ve been doing intervals once a week for my current training plan. Sometimes I run on the treadmill, but usually I just run on my regular ol’ roads. Watching my Garmin isn’t an issue for me; my problem is more the hills in my area. I don’t want to do intervals while running uphill!*
Army Amy* recently posted..A Gray Winter Walk

23 Samantha Angela January 29, 2013 at 11:56 am

Great pictures! I can’t wait to see more πŸ™‚
Samantha Angela recently posted..Waist Goals Update 3

24 Coco January 29, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Beautiful πŸ™‚
Coco recently posted..Adventures in yogurt making + 50k +WO

25 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats January 29, 2013 at 12:01 pm

That was fast! I can’t wait to see all of them! My sister-in-law didn’t get her photos for months, but she got married in June so her photographer had a ton of other people’s photos to work on as well.
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..I Need Your Help! Survey for YOU!

26 Angela January 29, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Hurrayyyyy! I can’t wait to see them all!
Angela recently posted..The Bachelor [a recap]

27 Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer January 29, 2013 at 12:41 pm

SO cute. Can’t wait to see more! and 800’s make me want to vomit.
Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer recently posted..Weekly Workout Recap: Back to the Grind

28 Becky @ Olives n Wine January 29, 2013 at 1:02 pm

You two look so happy! Congrats again πŸ™‚ You have some gorgeous photos!
Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted..Chocolate Chip Birthday Cookies

29 Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian January 29, 2013 at 1:06 pm

I can’t wait to see more! You two are so adorable!
Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian recently posted..New Week, New Me

30 Melissa January 29, 2013 at 1:21 pm

hurry up and post more pics! We are waiting! Love what I’ve seen so far — so cute!

31 Sara @ fitcupcaker January 29, 2013 at 1:21 pm

I love wedding pictures! You guys look great!
Sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..Push Up Challenge: Day 1

32 Nanci January 29, 2013 at 2:33 pm

You two are too adorable!!! Fantastic photos, can’t wait to read the recaps and see all the amazing photos.

33 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More January 29, 2013 at 2:54 pm

BEAUTIFUL photos!!! You guys are so freaking cute together and always seem to be happy and laughing. πŸ™‚
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Your Positive Energy

34 Cathy January 29, 2013 at 4:01 pm

You and your girls were gorgeous! And I love the fun photos so much more fun then stiff posed ones. Esp the one of you behind Derrick and him making the kissy face. πŸ™‚

35 Kristy @ Southern In Law January 29, 2013 at 5:27 pm

Oh my goodness, I LOVE your wedding photos! They are so fun!

My fiance and I are big goofballs, so I know we definitely want some lighthearted shots.

I’m jealous of your setting too! As Jesse is from Louisiana, we have a bit of a Southern vibe in our wedding details, but trying to pull that off in Sydney, Australia is a little tricky! ;P
Kristy @ Southern In Law recently posted..Your Opinion: TVs in the Bedroom

36 Katie @ A Full Plate January 29, 2013 at 10:34 pm

Gorgeous! Can’t wait for the recaps!
Katie @ A Full Plate recently posted..Clean 30 Challenge