Child of the ’90s

by Meghann on January 25, 2013

For every ’80s baby that was a child of the ’90s, this video is for you:

Way to go, Internet Explorer. That pretty much sums up my childhood, right down to hungry-hungry hippos and the four minute at-home haircuts my brother sported.

Ben's album 010.jpg

Nice. I just realized Josh is even wearing a fanny pack in that photo! Yes! ’90s child all the way!

I wonder if they made a child of the ’00s video, what it would consist of? hmmm…

Today’s lunch is brought to you by a near-empty fridge.

We’re out of fresh veggies, so I dug in the freezer and found a bag of steam-in-the-bag edamame for a little something green on the plate. I’m pretty obsessed with the Publix brand frozen edamame, so when ever they’re on sale (10 for $10) I stock up.

My sandwich contained some of Tuesday night’s slow cooker cuban pork and half of an avocado that was mashed and smeared as an impromptu condiment.

Loved the avocado with the pork – very tasty.

It’s Friday!!! What are your plans this weekend? Gasparilla celebrations are taking over South Tampa so I’m thinking a nice quiet weekend on my side of town sounds like a good plan. πŸ™‚

1 Christine January 25, 2013 at 2:32 pm

That video made me smile! I remember all of those things πŸ™‚

2 Ashley @ Eat Run Live Happy January 25, 2013 at 2:41 pm

Oh my goodness, I love that video! I was born in 88. I will never forget when I told my 10 year old niece that she should name her black and white hamster Pepe Lapue and she didn’t know who that was.
Ashley @ Eat Run Live Happy recently posted..My Refrigerator and Apple Straws

3 Meghann January 25, 2013 at 2:45 pm

What?! Kids today don’t know who Pepe Lapue is?!

4 Ashley @ Eat Run Live Happy January 25, 2013 at 2:53 pm

I know, it’s crazy!

5 Natalie @ Free Range Human January 25, 2013 at 3:09 pm

That is too funny! I had a nice “child of the ’90s” surprise this week. Have you heard that New Kids On The Block is going on tour with 98 degrees and Boyz II Men?
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Yes, Please Pump Me Full Of Hormones!

6 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats January 25, 2013 at 3:30 pm

oh. my. God. That video is AMAZING!!!!! I love the 90s. Such a great decade. Too bad I killed my tomagachis by stuffing them in the back of my sock drawer…
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Back Into Running Plan

7 Lauren @ Eat Like An Elephant January 25, 2013 at 4:01 pm

Wow! Love that they included pogs and pump up LA Gears…awesome. Even this Mac lover can admit that πŸ˜‰
Lauren @ Eat Like An Elephant recently posted..Avoiding the Pitfalls of Gluten-Free Processed Food

8 Meghan @ After the Ivy League January 25, 2013 at 4:13 pm

Love the video, I miss the 90’s! I’m such a 90’s child…I had totally forgotten about Pogs!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..My First Tempo Run and A Survey

9 Annette @FitnessPerks January 25, 2013 at 4:25 pm

HAHA. Great video.

I love edmaeme!
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..6 Things You Don’t Know About Me

10 abbi January 25, 2013 at 5:11 pm

Ha, loved the video!
abbi recently posted..The Dog Rant

11 Allison @ Train Eat Repeat January 25, 2013 at 5:26 pm

Oh the 90’s… feels like just yesterday… I remember the neon clothes my sister and I would have to wear, and it also had to be matching so she knew which kids were hers! lol
Allison @ Train Eat Repeat recently posted..Fitness Friday 01/25

12 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats January 25, 2013 at 6:35 pm

Good plan staying away from Gasparilla, it’s madness! I am craving some Cuban pork with avocado now. Yum:)
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Weird day at the Capitol

13 Liz @ Tip Top Shape January 25, 2013 at 6:45 pm

I loved hungry hippos!! I used to play with my dad and would get mad because he never let me win.
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Lessons In Being Awkward

14 Joelle (on a pink typewriter) January 25, 2013 at 7:52 pm

Love that video haha it’s been all over Facebook too today. Totally reminds me how obsessed I was w my tamagotchi. πŸ˜‰

15 [email protected] January 25, 2013 at 9:44 pm

I’ve never tried the frozen edamame – I’m going to pick some up on my next trip to Publix. I love edamame and so does my boyfriend, so it sounds like a great weeknight side or snack! πŸ™‚

16 TorontoRunner January 25, 2013 at 10:15 pm

ahhhh my gosh, flashback. that’s a great video. loooooooooved the 90s!!
TorontoRunner recently posted..Get your sunglasses out.

17 Becky @ runfundone January 25, 2013 at 10:42 pm

Love that commercial! And love edamame!
Becky @ runfundone recently posted..RSVP Yes! to the Dilettante Women’s Tri

18 Kristen January 26, 2013 at 3:53 am

Great video- the 90s were awesome! Also, I recently purchased an American flag fanny pack in an effort to have a fully impressive 4th of July outfit and can I just say that thing is freaking awesome! Hands free, classy (obvs), secure and can hold quite a bit- I’m hoping I can start to bring it back in an ‘ironic’ way…hippsters love irony right? SF is full of hipsters so if its gonna work anywhere it might just be here.
Kristen recently posted..Beer Glove USA = music to my ears

19 Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 26, 2013 at 7:16 am

That video is AWESOME. I can relate to so many of the things they showed. Oregon Trail and Hungry Hungry Hippo … good times! πŸ˜‰
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Red Velvet Blondies (with my favorite cream cheese frosting!)

20 Elizabeth- My Neon Running Shoes January 26, 2013 at 9:39 am

Interesting combination of pork and avocado! I’ll definitely be trying that one!

21 Angela January 26, 2013 at 5:52 pm

I had POGS for dayssss and light up shoes. Gosh, I loved the 90’s.
Angela recently posted..Throwback Thursday {take three}

22 Jennifer L January 28, 2013 at 1:56 pm

great job by Internet Explorer…. nostalgia in full force!