Photo Love

by Meghann on January 22, 2013

The CD from our wedding photo booth arrived in the mail this morning and the photos are hilarious. Give your friends and family some alcohol, funny props, and put a the in front of a camera and you’ve got non-stop entertainment.

1.5.13 Photo Booth (42).JPG

1.5.13 Photo Booth (122).JPG 1.5.13 Photo Booth (52).JPG

1.5.13 Photo Booth (50).JPG

1.5.13 Photo Booth (35).JPG 1.5.13 Photo Booth (97).JPG

1.5.13 Photo Booth (125).JPG

The CD has over 150 photos on it. We plan to print the majority and send the photos with the corresponding thank you card as a post-wedding favor for our guests. We’re hoping it’ll give our friends and family a good chuckle when they open them.

I’m still on pins and needles waiting for our professional photos! I’m waiting to write all of the big wedding recaps until I get them (hopefully soon!), until then I have been updating the “Wedding Page” with tidbits about the big day if you’re looking for a wedding fix. 😉

In other news, I made the world’s best sandwich for lunch today.

Roast beef, horseradish cheddar, bacon, mixed greens, and spicy mustard between two pieces of seedy whole wheat toast. So simple. So good.

On the side I had some crisp carrot sticks, cucumber slices, and a pickle. I’ve found the cool crispness of the fresh veggies was a great way to balance out the spiciness of the sandwich. Bite of sandwich, bite of veggie – mouth never overheats.

Dinner is already cooking in the crock pot.

I’ll save the recipe for tonight’s post, but I had a craving for some cuban pork this week and wanted to experiment with a new recipe. I sort of made it up as I went along (it’s not exactly by-the-book cuban pork) so here’s hoping it turns out!

(p.s. it already smells amazing in here!)

What’s your favorite sandwich combination? I’ve really been loving the roast beef and horseradish cheddar lately.

1 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats January 22, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Love the photo booth idea!! And I love that you’ll send people pictures with your thank you, it’s like an extra wedding favor!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..How Blogging Influences My Life

2 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More January 22, 2013 at 3:25 pm

Love the photo booth pictures! So fun!!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Lance vs. Oprah

3 NYC Fit GIrl January 22, 2013 at 3:28 pm

The photo’s are super cute! Love it!

4 Katie @ running4cupcakes January 22, 2013 at 3:41 pm

omgosh – so funny. especially love the serious one! And you can never go wrong with turkey and cheese. But I also really like waffle sandwiches – where you take 2 eggo waffles, toast them in the toaster, layer with apricot preserves, turkey, ham and provolone cheese and pop the whole thing in the panini press until cheese is melty. holy yum!
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted..Weekend Update: 1/20/13

5 Mrs W. January 22, 2013 at 3:49 pm

Mmm, I always added hummus and thinly sliced carrots with red pepper flakes to any and all sandwiches. Must be the salty/crunchy combo on bread?

I’ve enjoyed all of your wedding related posts. I’ll be sort of sad when they are all done, its felt like a major part of your blog for so long!
Mrs W. recently posted..we are (now) cat people

6 TorontoRunner January 22, 2013 at 3:53 pm

ooh I wanna see more!! 😀 haha LOVE your dress so soooo much. You look gorgeous!
TorontoRunner recently posted..Birthday Flashback – In Pictures!

7 Anne P January 22, 2013 at 4:02 pm

Ha! I love that photo of me and Matt being dinosaurs, lol! And the one of the big group of us! So fun. :)
Anne P recently posted..Chilly Weather Food & My BFF’s Baby Shower

8 Meghann January 22, 2013 at 4:21 pm

I have a few photos of you and Matt! Your thank you card is going to be full! :)

9 Anne P January 22, 2013 at 5:16 pm

We are serious about photo booths. :)
Anne P recently posted..Chilly Weather Food & My BFF’s Baby Shower

10 Meghan @ After the Ivy League January 22, 2013 at 4:11 pm

I crave a really simple sandwich every now and then too. So good. Lately it’s just been turkey with mustard, cheese, and lettuce. A favorite from childhood, still just as delicious!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Versatile and Sweet

11 Nicole@TheKidlessKronicles January 22, 2013 at 4:13 pm

I don’t eat sandwiches much ( my BIL thinks that is WRONG) but does a turkey burger count? Turkey burger and guacamole. YUM!

The Kidless Kronicles
Nicole@TheKidlessKronicles recently posted..MIRACLE Monday

12 Reenie January 22, 2013 at 4:29 pm

Cute pics.

I want both of those frames!! :)

13 Coco January 22, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Friends of ours also had a photo booth at their wedding and it was a blast- I wish I had thought of this for my wedding.. They are the best photos ever!
Coco recently posted..Weekend Highlights + Monday

14 Stephanie @ My Freckled Life January 22, 2013 at 4:35 pm

We did the same thing for our wedding in November, and I loved being able to send thank you notes to everyone that included some goofy pictures!
Stephanie @ My Freckled Life recently posted..From Pin to Plate: Italian Turkey Sausage and White Bean Stew

15 Cindy January 22, 2013 at 4:42 pm

Your photos are awesome!

I prefer turkey and cheddar with tomato and a smidge of mayo (it has to be on a roll) or a good old BLT (it has to be on toasted bread).
Cindy recently posted..A Case of the Mondays

16 Annette @FitnessPerks January 22, 2013 at 5:24 pm

that photo booth idea is such a good one! I bet they’ll all get some good chuckles when they get ’em 😉
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Sparkly + Awesome + Things to Avoid

17 April January 22, 2013 at 5:39 pm

Those are great photos! Can’t wait to see what your wedding ones look like.

The best sandwich I have had lately is all veggie: avocado, sprouts, cucumbers, arugula, and some spicy mustard. Yum!
April recently posted..Friday Favorites

18 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats January 22, 2013 at 6:05 pm

My friend sent out pics from the photo booth with her thank you cards and it was so fun to open it up! Def a great idea. I was obsessed with that horseraddish cheddar for weeks. Now I can’t even think about it. I overdosed on it lol
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..A ruined run and a lady bug infestation

19 Steph January 22, 2013 at 6:29 pm

Cute pics! We’re Cuban themed over here too tonight for dinner- black bean soup!
Steph recently posted..Mind-Changing Black Bean Soup

20 Angela January 22, 2013 at 7:58 pm

I had a photobooth at my wedding that we made… we even had a camera set up so that we would get a copy of all the pics but unfortunately the battery was dead!! So disappointing, but that was the only thing that really went wrong so we will take that. :)
Angela recently posted..Merci Chocolates

21 broccolihut January 22, 2013 at 7:59 pm

My fave sandwich these days is tuna mixed with hummus on whole grain rye bread :)
broccolihut recently posted..Caroline Goes Shopping

22 Danielle @ itsaharleyyylife January 22, 2013 at 8:08 pm

How did you set up the photo booth? Does your crockpot go off in 8 hours if you set it to that?

23 Meghann January 22, 2013 at 8:53 pm

We set up the photo booth through our venue. Basically the owner’s daughter took photos for us and sent us a CD. I’m honestly not sure if the crock pot will go off after 8 hours if I set it like them, I’ve never let it go all 8 hours to find out. :)

24 Molly January 23, 2013 at 10:03 am

Usually the crockpot will automatically go to “warm” mode after the allotted time expires :) This dish sounds awesome Meghann, I need to try it!!

25 Meghann January 23, 2013 at 10:26 am

Good to know. Thanks, Molly!

26 Christine @ BookishlyB January 22, 2013 at 8:49 pm

Spinach, avocado, cheddar and a little balsamic. Preferably on a croissant, but if I’m being good on wheat.
Christine @ BookishlyB recently posted..Top Ten Tuesday- Underwater Hotels, Morocco, and the Central Valley

27 Ashley@cupcakesncrunches January 22, 2013 at 8:51 pm

I love a grilled cheese with brie and strawberry jelly. That is my go to sandwich.

Those pictures from your wedding are too stinkin’ cute! I love the fun photo booth idea! It looks like a wonderful time was had by all!
Ashley@cupcakesncrunches recently posted..A Delicious Tuesday

28 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun January 22, 2013 at 9:05 pm

That is the greatest idea! If I could go back and redo my wedding I would include this! What a great and special way to keep memories!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Snowy Day

29 Erica January 22, 2013 at 9:05 pm

hahahhaha those are awesome :)
Erica recently posted..Charleston Eats

30 Chuck January 22, 2013 at 11:34 pm

I’m so stealing that wedding photo booth idea… now I just need to meet a girl…
Chuck recently posted..Back to Life

31 Katie @ A Full Plate January 23, 2013 at 12:07 pm

Oh my goodness that serious photo of you all is hiliarious!

That sandwich combo looks amazing…I’m a big fan of Publix subs and my fav is their Everroast Chicken, which has bacon, cheese, everroast chicken and gourmaise (if you’ve never had that you NEED to try it!) I never seem to get too creative when I make sandwiches at home…my go to is usually turkey and hummus with lettuce and tomato.

32 Sabrina January 23, 2013 at 12:34 pm

That is such a great idea to mail their photo with a thank-you card!
Sabrina recently posted..Continuing On {Weigh-In}