Monday Eats

by Meghann on January 21, 2013

Looks like it’s going to be another week of snack plate lunches. I love the random creations – no two plates are ever the same!

Today’s plate was almond-butter themed.

Toast with almond butter and pumpkin butter

Carrot sticks and apple slices with a big glob of almond butter

And a random leftover buffalo chicken tender.

It caught my attention when I was digging in the fridge. It didn’t really go with the theme of the plate, but it was still tasty. ;)

Popcorn was BOGO at Publix this week. I can never pass up a mini bag of kettle corn, especially with some peanuts thrown on top.

Dinner tonight was a Publix Apron’s meal: Hearty Meatball Soup with Spinach.

I liked the recipe because it was easy and I didn’t have to buy any special ingredients to make it at home. All I needed was meat, veggies, and broth. After that I was good to go.

Unfortunately I discovered mini meatballs are not my forte.

Eh. Oh well. At least they don’t have to look good to taste good.

30 minutes later…

Dinner time!

With some shredded cheddar on top.

The soup was fantastic. I loved the mini meatballs (or at least my attempt at the mini meatballs) as well as the extra splash of veggies. It was a great bowl of comfort soup.

Somehow I talked Derek into watching New Year’s Eve – love that movie. Maybe tomorrow I can talk him into watching Valentine’s Day? ;)

Good Night!

1 Silvia @ skinny jeans food January 21, 2013 at 10:14 pm

Meatballs in the pan always makes them look like triangles or worse shapes. Simplest way to get good looking meatballs: bake in the oven ;-)

I am sure it still tasted good..
Silvia @ skinny jeans food recently posted..Tack.

2 Mrs. Swan January 21, 2013 at 11:33 pm

Buffalo chicken tender looked the best to me. :) Never thought of peanuts and popcorn together.
Mrs. Swan recently posted..Growing like weeds!

3 Becky @ runfundone January 21, 2013 at 11:52 pm

I can’t seem to figure out how people make meatballs. They’re super complicated!
Becky @ runfundone recently posted..Diet Practice

4 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope January 22, 2013 at 6:54 am

That soup looks good! :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Light & Fluffy!…

5 Becky @ Olives n Wine January 22, 2013 at 7:20 am

I love anything meatball! My favorite meatballs are ones with zucchini and carrots mixed in- it makes them a lot healthier :)
Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted..Chocolate-Covered Potato Chips

6 Madison January 22, 2013 at 7:23 am

Those meatballs look great! I haven’t seen New Years Eve–may have to see it now. Thanks for the recommendation!
Madison recently posted..Monday Funday

7 sara @ fitcupcaker January 22, 2013 at 7:38 am

as long as they taste good who cares what it looks like :) I love snack plates!
sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..Wildtree Freezer Meal Party & Round 2 Protein Oatmeal Loaf

8 Natalie @ Free Range Human January 22, 2013 at 9:43 am

That soup does look good. I love anything with meatballs. New Year’s Eve was such a cute movie. I need to watch it again!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..A Marvelous Recap

9 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats January 22, 2013 at 9:47 am

Your dinner looks delicious! And I need to get some popcorn again, I’d always pop it in my own brown bags in the microwave – so good!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..How Blogging Influences My Life

10 Mollie @ Treasure Your Being January 22, 2013 at 1:18 pm

this soup looks so good – I will definitely be making it soon!
Mollie @ Treasure Your Being recently posted..Go Bananas!!

11 Denaj January 22, 2013 at 1:51 pm

Just found your website and it is quite inspiring. Not just because of the content but the PICTURES! Great job.
Denaj recently posted..Why You Shouldn’t Stretch Your Shoulders Before Swimming Pt. 2