Sandwich Bar

by Meghann on January 20, 2013

Is it just me or did today really fly by? I made the mistake of getting lost in a new toy and before I knew it it was 5:00pm and I had gotten absolutely nothing done that I wanted to get done. Whoops. It’s crazy how quickly that can happen.

I hauled butt to the grocery store to stock up on eats for the week and decided a build-you-own sandwich bar would have to do for dinner (we didn’t want to waste time cooking food when we could be cheering on the Ravens instead!).

I used the seedy whole wheat bakery bread and filled it with Boars Head roast beef, horseradish cheddar, mixed greens, and spicy mustard.

My dad introduced me to the roast beef/ horseradish cheddar combo a few weeks ago. If you like a good kick to your sandwich, I can’t recommend it enough. The horseradish cheddar packs the kind of heat that can clear your sinuses (in a good way) and the perfect complement to the mild roast beef. Love the pairing.

We served the sandwiches with pickle spears and some cauliflower/ broccoli for our veggie fix.

We celebrated Baltimore’s big win with a serving of moosetracks ice cream.

Woo hoo! Ravens are going to the Superbowl! I’ll admit my sister-in-law and her family are big fans so I’m sort of jumping on their bandwagon in support of their team. It’s always fun to see a team of someone you care about go far in their season. It makes me happy knowing their happy. 🙂

1 Steph January 20, 2013 at 10:41 pm

Love that the spring mix boxes were BOGO this week! Sammy’s look scrumptious! I haven’t tried the horseradish cheddar. Next time!
Steph recently posted..Orange Theory Fitness weight loss challenge

2 Jean January 20, 2013 at 10:46 pm

Horseradish cheddar makes even the worst sandwich delicious (I’m not suggesting that your sandwich was awful, just that you made a good choice!)!

3 Tracy January 20, 2013 at 10:55 pm

Looks like your using your George Forman for a panini press? I do this all the time and it works so good!

4 Meghann January 21, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Yep! That’s mainly what we use our George Foreman for. 🙂

5 Kristen January 20, 2013 at 11:07 pm

Yay Ravens! People are still lighting off fireworks here in Baltimore!

I for one, appreciate and accept ALL bandwagon fans!

6 [email protected] January 20, 2013 at 11:10 pm

I was rooting for the ravens too!! Both of my teams won today!!
[email protected] recently posted..Killer HIIT Workout

7 TorontoRunner January 20, 2013 at 11:31 pm

I am soooooooo psyched for the Superbowl!!
TorontoRunner recently posted..A dream come true!

8 Madison January 21, 2013 at 7:27 am

My Sunday did fly by and I did a whole lotta NOTHING. Except I did try a new recipe–so that’s worth something, right?! 🙂
Madison recently posted..Survey on a Saturday

9 Elizabeth- My Neon Running Shoes January 21, 2013 at 8:26 am

Wow I’ve never thought of that sandwich combo but I definitely like a good kick in my sandwich! Thanks for sharing 🙂 Have a great week!

10 Karen January 21, 2013 at 8:32 am

Wow… so excited to see you post for our RAVENS!! Yes.. we are GOING to the SUPER BOWL!
Karen recently posted..Keep the BOUNCE in YOUR STEP!!

11 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats January 21, 2013 at 8:44 am

My team is the Kansas City Chiefs… and I literally cannot remember the last time we even made it to the playoffs. Haha, gotta stay loyal!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Book Club–Heartsick

12 Sara @ fitcupcaker January 21, 2013 at 9:01 am

The weekend def flew by! I dont go back to work until tomorrow though 🙂 The sandwich looks yummy!
Sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..Easy Protein Pancakes & FCC Weekly Meal Plan

13 Lissy January 21, 2013 at 9:16 am

I accidentally put supremely spicy humus on my sandwich a few months ago and it was the best mistake ever. So good!

*whispers* your tag is sticking out. Top left corner of your layout.
Lissy recently posted..Still Carless

14 Meghann January 21, 2013 at 1:15 pm

The tag has been sticking out for a year now. I accidentally did it when messing with some code and now I’m too scared to figure out how to fix it!

15 amyt January 21, 2013 at 9:34 am

Moose Tracks is my fav!! I like that they now make it in a ‘frozen yogurt’ form. Still delish!

16 [email protected] January 21, 2013 at 9:44 am

Since my team didnt even make the playoffs (BOOO!) Ive been supporting the Ravens so I was pumped to see them win yesterday! 🙂
[email protected] recently posted..Justin Bieber: A Road Trip To Greensboro

17 Reenie January 21, 2013 at 10:23 am

New toy??

18 Kyle Howard August 15, 2013 at 12:16 pm

The roast beef & horseradish & cheddar combo does sound delicious. I think i will give that a try as the football season is getting started back up. But I will be cheering for DaBears, of course.
Kyle Howard recently posted..Web Presence Optimization