more ยป" />

Friday Rundown

by Meghann on January 18, 2013

Good evening. How has everyone’s Friday been treatin’ them? Besides accidentally burning my fingers on the stove top this morning, my Friday has been just fine (p.s. typing with burnt fingers = ow).

Lunch:

Leftover salsa chicken with cheese, olives, mushrooms, tortilla, avocado, and spinach.

Should have crisped up the tortilla in the oven. The salad needed some crispy tortilla.

Dinner:

Chicken sloppy joes on top of rutabaga fries with roasted broccoli and cheese.

I made my super easy sloppy joes (the sauce is just a mix of a lot of ketchup, bbq sauce, and brown mustard) with ground chicken and ate it sans bun. I prefer sloppy joes on fries, it’s my faux version of chili cheese fries. ;)

Dessert:

Ice cream and wine… is there really anything better?

IMG_7612.jpg

Entertainment:

Derek and I rented “Looper.”

looper-poster.jpeg

Has anyone seen it? Is it any good? We’re halfway through and it has my attention. However, I wouldn’t say Derek is too big of a fan – he’s passed out snoring next to me. ;)

Time to snuggle up and see how this action movie ends.

Good Night!

1 Karen January 18, 2013 at 11:49 pm

Ive been wanting to see that movie. Let us know how it is :)

2 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles January 18, 2013 at 11:55 pm

I just saw it last week – I enjoyed it! Even though Joseph Gordon-Levitt has a weird Bruce Willis jawline.

3 TorontoRunner January 18, 2013 at 11:57 pm

You’ve had the best dessert of all time tonight!!
I seen Looper when it came out. It did have my attention, not bad, but not something I’d go and see again!

4 Christine @ BookishlyB January 19, 2013 at 12:17 am

I saw it and while it wasn’t exactly my kind of movie I thought it was interesting. There are some whacked out theories about who’s really who at the end, but I don’t want to ruin anything for you. I thought it picked up a lot once Emily Blunt entered the movie!

5 Sana January 19, 2013 at 1:39 am

I am so not a movie person. SNOOZEEE!

6 Madison January 19, 2013 at 8:25 am

Let us know if you like Looper. I was considering renting it tonight but chose Ted instead (which was really funny). Looper is the next on my list! :)

7 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More January 19, 2013 at 9:16 am

I’ve been loving taco salads lately! I took some tortillas the other day and made my own tortilla chips. It made the salad that much more fun to eat!

8 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats January 19, 2013 at 9:23 am

Hmm I’ve never even heard of Looper! But your dinner looks delicious!

9 KatieTX January 19, 2013 at 10:02 am

Great movie! I like movies that make you think!

10 Sara January 19, 2013 at 12:14 pm

How can the movie have your attention if you’re blogging through it?

11 Lisa January 19, 2013 at 5:46 pm

It was interesting but I got bored of it by the end.

12 Katie @ A Full Plate January 19, 2013 at 7:18 pm

We watched Looper a few weeks ago and enjoyed it. I like how you couldn’t predict the ending!

13 Holly January 19, 2013 at 8:04 pm

Hey,

Glad to see life’s back to normal after all the festivities. However, your meals are a bit concerning – I think I could eat your whole days worth of food for breakfast and still be hungry! Just concerned given your activity level. Stay healthy!