more ยป" />

Home

by Meghann on January 15, 2013

We’re home!

Our Dominican honeymoon was beyond awesome, but man it feels good to be home! I missed my bed, I missed my kitchen, and I missed Maddie!

MaddieHead.jpg

She spent all week at doggie camp and hasn’t left her pillow sense we arrived home. I think someone’s exhausted. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I also missed CrossFit and pushing myself to my limits with a good WOD. I’m pretty sure I belong to the best CrossFit box out there. When my coach discovered I would be missing two weeks of CrossFit for my wedding/honeymoon she offered to prorate my membership fee for the month of January. So instead of paying for the full month, I only have to pay for two weeks. She pretty much guaranteed a lifetime member with that kindness.

Today’s class was the perfect class to settle back into CrossFit with.

20130115_075618.jpg

We started with a jump rope warm-up, got in some good stretching, then focused on dumbbell push presses for our skill set. I even went for a higher weight for the dumbbell push presses than usual thanks to the encouragement of my coach. It felt good to really push myself again.

For the WOD, I was introduced to the band-assisted hand stand push ups.

20130115_075658.jpg

Man, bands rock. They’re awesome for pull ups and they’re awesome for HSPUs. The bands provided assistance, while still allowing the full range of motion in the move. Plus, they’re just plain fun with the added bounciness.

20130115_075629.jpg

(p.s. I didn’t lift 70 – it was 30. Just noticed that was wrong.)

Done.

After a week of eating eggs, I was really craving a big bowl of yogurt for breakfast. I stopped at Publix on the way home and picked up some plain Chobani and a golden delicious apple. I chopped the apple, then added the yogurt, walnuts, almonds, almond butter, and cinnamon to the mix.

20130115_083724.jpg

Hit. The. Spot.

Derek and I spent the rest of the morning in recovery mode. We picked Maddie up, bought the rest of our plate settings from our registry (!!!), and caught up on laundry and grocery shopping. It’s nice to have just one last day together before diving back into work mode 100%.

Just as I was craving yogurt for breakfast, I wanted lots of veggies and hummus for lunch. I should have taken a photo of my grocery cart, I went to the store hungry and bought just about every vegetable out there. ๐Ÿ˜‰

20130115_140105.jpg

I don’t regret a second of my multiple desserts, pina coladas, or daily indulgence of potato wedges this past week, but I did miss my fresh veggies! I’m so ready to get back to my normal eating routine.

I still can’t believe the wedding and honeymoon are over. Part of me is sad, but the other part is excited about the new adventures Derek and I have to look forward to in the coming months. 2013 is going to be one hell of year!

1 Allison January 15, 2013 at 4:23 pm

Vacay is great, but sometimes being home is so nice.
Allison recently posted..Clean Eating, Week 2

2 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More January 15, 2013 at 4:38 pm

Welcome home!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Trust Tuesday

3 Maureen January 15, 2013 at 5:12 pm

Welcome home!
I think the best part of a vacation is coming home {at least the part before you have to do laundry & go through all the mail}!
Maureen recently posted..3:33 AM Monday Morning

4 TorontoRunner January 15, 2013 at 5:18 pm

oh man, that hand stand..you rock!!
Welcome home!
TorontoRunner recently posted..Just call me Flash Gordon!!

5 Reenie January 15, 2013 at 5:35 pm

Ahh Maddie =)

Welcome Home ~

6 Annette @FitnessPerks January 15, 2013 at 5:50 pm

Glad you had a nice vacation! I agree-coming home is a nice feeling too! That’s how you know it’s “home” hehe
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Health Nut? Or Not?

7 Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 15, 2013 at 5:54 pm

Glad you had such a nice honeymoon … now enjoy doing all of the laundry haha! ๐Ÿ˜‰

8 Natalie @ Free Range Human January 15, 2013 at 6:25 pm

I had that same sad feeling after the wedding and honeymoon, but the next part is the best!

9 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats January 15, 2013 at 6:26 pm

Welcome back! Nothing beats coming back to your own bed after a vacation ๐Ÿ™‚
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Livestrong>Doping

10 Hayley @ Running on Pumpkin January 15, 2013 at 6:27 pm

As much as I love vacation it’s a good feeling coming home and getting back into routine. I always miss my puppies a lot too!! Maddie is probably so excited to have her parents back.

11 Kayla January 15, 2013 at 6:50 pm

I was so excited to get some veggies in when I got home! I needed them!
Kayla recently posted..The Newbie Chronicles: Mike’s Story #1

12 Kayla January 15, 2013 at 6:51 pm

I meant when I got back from my honeymoon in Mexico!
Kayla recently posted..The Newbie Chronicles: Mike’s Story #1

13 Stacy January 15, 2013 at 7:25 pm

Welcome home!

When you get a chance, maybe a post on coping with the post wedding blues? I hear so many brides get them (as I’m getting married in July, I’d be really interested to hear what you have to say on the topic!)

Can’t wait to see more wedding pics and read about all the details!
Stacy recently posted..Creature Comforts

14 Danielle @ itsaharleyyylife January 15, 2013 at 7:27 pm

welcome home! I never knew you could do hand stand pushups with a band. That would be cool!
Danielle @ itsaharleyyylife recently posted..January DietBet: #FFDietBet

15 Kim @philly running girl January 15, 2013 at 7:28 pm

Welcome back! That handstand looks scary but in a good way. Cross-fit rocks!

16 Julie January 15, 2013 at 8:43 pm

That hand-stand push up actually looks like fun! ๐Ÿ™‚ Glad you are both home safely and can reunite with your pup!

17 mi-an dela cruz January 15, 2013 at 8:56 pm

i’m excited to hear details of the wedding!!!

18 Mary January 15, 2013 at 9:24 pm

I ate just like you on our family vacation to Jamaica in December. No regrets either, but I hear ya on wanting to get back to the healthy food! You make me want to try Crossfit…looks like a great challenge!

19 Angela January 15, 2013 at 9:33 pm

I would love to see a post on your favorite wedding gifts, or maybe your favorite things from your registry? Glad you’re back!!!
Angela recently posted..Random Thoughts

20 Steph @321delish January 15, 2013 at 11:32 pm

yay! glad you’re back! Now get down to South Tampa and some XP practices ๐Ÿ˜‰

Can’t wait to see you soon!

21 Meghann January 16, 2013 at 11:01 am

I know!!! I’m hoping to be at the pool on Thursday. ๐Ÿ™‚

22 Sara @ fitcupcaker January 16, 2013 at 9:36 am

All I would eat on vacation in DR was omelets, eggs, and fruit for breakfast…I was craving some good greek yogurt and a big ole cheeseburger when we got back!
Sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..Cinnamon Almond Butter Protein Balls {Giveaway Winner}

23 Becky @ Olives n Wine January 16, 2013 at 11:42 am

My CrossFit box let’s us “postpone” our membership too if we are going to be out of town for an extended period of time. I love it!
Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted..Beauty Products I Love

24 Caitlin January 18, 2013 at 11:32 pm

It’s so funny how you go on vacation and, at least for me, allow myself to have extra dessert and really enjoy myself, but by the time it’s over you just crave fresh veggies and healthy, whole foods.