more ยป" />

Less than 48 hours to go!!!

by Meghann on January 3, 2013

And on the 2nd day before the wedding, we did the flowers.

My mom and dad picked the flowers up from the wholesale flower place this morning (right after they picked my twin brother up from the airport – Josh is in town! yay!!!).

We brought them to my aunt’s house and promptly cut the stems.

And prepped the flowers.

There was a slight color mix up with the berries we ordered, nothing a good can of floral paint couldn’t fix.

IMG_7026.jpg IMG_7020.jpg

Bam! White berries.

Just like last time, my aunt took the lead….

and we followed where we could.

When all was said and done we had 9 boutonnieres, 7 corsages, and 4 bouquets done (we’re waiting on some flowers for my my bouquet and the toss one).

You’ll just have to wait until Saturday to see how they came out. As always, my aunt was a a GENIUS and brought my vision to life perfectly – I can’t wait to see everything put together in less than two days!!

I also had a sneak peek of the mason jars she’s been working on for the center pieces.

eeekkkk!! LOVE them! :)

The guys decided to take Derek out for a mini-bachelor party tonight since most of them had to miss his bachelor cruise in November.

Since the guys were out, the girls had a girls’ night in.

We drank wine, made veggies, and finished my dad’s pork tenderloin for dinner.

Pumpkin Pie ice cream and Pitch Perfect were enjoyed for dessert.

I love Pitch Perfect, such a great movie to watch with the girls.

Holy moly – tomorrow is FRIDAY!! Can you believe it? Tomorrow we’ll start setting up the wedding venue, do the rehearsal, and end with the rehearsal dinner! Can. Not. Wait.

Ahhh… it’s really happening!!! :)

1 Mrs. Swan January 3, 2013 at 11:06 pm

WHOOO HOOOO! I am so excited for you!! :)

2 Sabrina January 3, 2013 at 11:10 pm

Reading all your wedding prep posts leaves me hopeful for the day my engagement and wedding will come.

You are going to be a stunning bride! Enjoy your weekend and special day!

3 Allie January 3, 2013 at 11:23 pm

YAY! The flowers look so pretty!

I also LOVE “Pitch Perfect” – such a funny, awesome movie!

Have a fun day tomorrow!!

4 Emma January 3, 2013 at 11:47 pm

I am so happy for you! You are truly an inspiration. Motivated, confident, enthusiastic, empathetic, and beautiful don’t begin to describe the person I see on your blog. I hope your wedding goes wonderfully, but even more I wish you happiness and peace in your marriage and life to follow. Enjoy your wedding day!!

5 TorontoRunner January 3, 2013 at 11:49 pm

Flowers, DRESS, all of it – I can’t wait to hear about it all!!

6 Jean January 3, 2013 at 11:51 pm

Floral paint?! No way! Crazy that it doesn’t kill the flowers (I assume).

7 Caitlin January 3, 2013 at 11:54 pm

I’m so excited for you!! Can’t wait to see how it all turned out!

8 Steph January 4, 2013 at 12:16 am

I think I may just go out and buy myself an engagement ring as I cannot WAIT to go through all this wedding fun! LOL Congrats again! Very happy for you!!!

9 Angela January 4, 2013 at 1:46 am

I can’t wait to see how everything comes together! Who knew there was such a thing as floral paint?! Congrats girl, you will be a beautiful bride!

10 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats January 4, 2013 at 3:22 am

Soak it all in!!!! These are going to be an amazing two days!!! Have fun!

11 LizForADay January 4, 2013 at 3:56 am

WOW, I may be more excited for you than you are. The process is probably more fun than the actual wedding day. :)

12 Marjolaine January 4, 2013 at 6:17 am

I don’t comment so often on blogs in general. But I have been following you for a while now. I just wanted to wish you a wonderful wedding and week-end. Through your posts it really shows that there is love all around you. So, enjoy !

13 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats January 4, 2013 at 6:39 am

How exciting! Everything seems to be coming together! Enjoy it all :)

14 Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 4, 2013 at 6:41 am

Yay!! So fun. Enjoy every single moment … it goes so quickly!

15 Kathy January 4, 2013 at 6:53 am

Exciting….everything looks so nice…your Aunt’s house??? is beautiful…the open windows…large kitchen…so homey….Awww, can I join your family for a day just to hang with you? HA!

(LOL moment….your friends would be all…”Who is the old lady in the corner?” …oh, just some bloggy gal from MN who needed a Florida fix in an great family for a day….hahaha!) Sounds like great January therapy.

Have a Wonderful Wedding weekend!!! Best Wishes to the MR. and MRS…yes, cliche but still cute!

16 Colleen January 4, 2013 at 7:05 am

So excited for you!! Savor and enjoy these next 48 hours. They will be amazing!! The love you will feel will be 110% more than normal.

17 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope January 4, 2013 at 7:14 am

Yay!!! You are so close! I’m excited for you. Take in each moment because it will go by super quick! :)

18 Army Amy* January 4, 2013 at 7:15 am

All the little snippets of your wedding (the flowers, the centerpieces, the seating cards/tags) that you’ve shown so far, look so good! Everything is going to look fantasic all together!*

19 Danielle @ itsaharleyyylife January 4, 2013 at 7:29 am

pumpkin pie ice cream sounds awesome! your big day is almost here I can’t wait to see pictures! and I loveeddddd watching pitch perfect such a good movie!

20 Rachel January 4, 2013 at 7:54 am

How exciting! Enjoy every moment of it :-)

21 diana January 4, 2013 at 8:34 am

Have a fabulous time and enjoy every minute of the wedding!!!

22 Ashley @ Eat Run Live Happy January 4, 2013 at 8:41 am

I can’t wait to see all your wedding pictures! From the tid bits you let us see it’s going to be beautiful! I’m most excited to see the flowers and the dress!

23 GJ January 4, 2013 at 8:41 am

I’m so happy for you and your soon to be husband. I hope the wedding is all you hope for. Also that you can enjoy through all the stress of getting things ready. I love all the special handmade touches too. It makes it extra special and from the heart.

24 Sara @ fitcupcaker January 4, 2013 at 8:41 am

Wow, how exciting, you did so much of the work yourself, good job :) Its so fun to have all your friends around. I remember my wedding like it was yesterday, cherish it :) Congrats

25 Emily N January 4, 2013 at 8:52 am

So glad you had a lovely night in with your girls! It sounds like you are READY!!

26 Krystle January 4, 2013 at 8:56 am

I tarted following you blog in early 2012. I stimbled upon your blog after a google search for wedding venues in the Titusville/North Brevard area where I live. I wanted to tell you it has been a great adventure reading about your wedding planning throughout the year! I am very excited to see how all your planning and aweome details come together tomorrow!!! Good luck and enjoy your special day! I wish you and your soon to be husband nothing but love, luck, and happiness. THANK YOU so much for allowing us (readers) to follow you on this amazing journey! I will be reaung back through your well thought out list for your wedding when it comes time for my own!

27 Becky @ runfundone January 4, 2013 at 9:15 am

How exciting! I did the flowers for my wedding as well…It’s amazing how much money it saved! I can’t believe that people pay florists to do it for them!

28 Natalie @ Free Range Human January 4, 2013 at 9:43 am

So exciting! Again, congratulations!

29 Steph @321delish January 4, 2013 at 9:56 am

Ahhh! I’m so excited for you!! Tomorrow will be great!!

30 Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian January 4, 2013 at 10:04 am

I can’t believe the big day is almost here! It feels just like yesterday I was reading about the engagement. Congrats Meg – I hope you and Derek have the most beautiful day. Can’t wait to hear the details.

31 Erica January 4, 2013 at 10:28 am

Ahhhh!! So exciting!! It will be just perfect

32 Caroline January 4, 2013 at 10:42 am

Congratulations!! I have been reading your blog for quite awhile now and love it! Can’t wait to read about it! Enjoy your special day tomorrow.

33 Katie @ A Full Plate January 4, 2013 at 10:44 am

I’m so excited for you! Good luck with everything this weekend!

34 amyt January 4, 2013 at 10:50 am

Best wishes!! SO exciting!!!!! :-)

35 Amanda January 4, 2013 at 11:45 am

Congrats!!! Enjoy every second of it, it goes by sooooooooo fast!

36 Anna January 4, 2013 at 12:11 pm

I’m so excited for you! It has been so much fun reading through your wedding planning and process, I can’t wait to see the end product! The mason jars look so cool! I have one piece of advice for the wedding day, it goes by so fast, take it all in and have some private moments together with your new husband.
I wish I was able to do a more DIY wedding but my sister recently got engaged so I’ve been pinteresting for ideas and might steal some of what you’ve done!

37 Lauren January 4, 2013 at 1:32 pm

Tags look great, except the date 4/31/10 doesn’t exist!!! Only 30 days in April…

38 Elisabeth January 4, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Congratulations!! Can’t wait to see lots of photos & hear all the details :D

39 Annette @FitnessPerks January 4, 2013 at 2:08 pm

I am SO excited for you!

LOVE the look of the Mason jars. Perfect.

40 Meghan @ After the Ivy League January 4, 2013 at 2:46 pm

I’m so excited for you!! Enjoy every moment, the flowers look gorgeous and I can’t wait to see how everything else turns out!

41 Grazia January 4, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Wow! Lovely flowers! I like how every single detail of your wedding is made with love :-)

42 Maureen January 4, 2013 at 3:13 pm

I’m so excited for you that your wedding day is SO.CLOSE!!!!

43 Kelly @ Running to Healthy January 4, 2013 at 5:24 pm

Thanks for letting us be part of your wedding weekend! Hope you have a great time and can enjoy everything it brings.

44 Stacey January 4, 2013 at 5:57 pm

Meghann,

Best wishes to you and Derek! Enjoy your wedding weekend. I am looking forward to reading all about it and seeing all the peices you have shown us thus far put together for the big day.

45 Joelle (on a pink typewriter) January 4, 2013 at 6:30 pm

So flippin exciting!!!

46 Anne January 4, 2013 at 7:14 pm

Congratulations Meghann !! Wishing you and Derek many many years of happiness, joy, love and an abundance of Gods blessings. I’ve so enjoyed following you on this journey and have no doubts everything will be perfect in every way. How can it not be when you’re surrounded with an incredible family, devoted loyal friends and the man of your dreams !!

47 Debby January 4, 2013 at 10:07 pm

About to celebrate my 17 year anniversary. All I can tell you is ENJOY the day, don’t sweat the details and now and then STOP, Close your eyes and REMEMBER the moment. It goes by so quickly and it’s such a FANTASTIC day! Have fun!

48 Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper January 5, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Pumpkin pie ice cream??? How was it?!