First Run of 2013

by Meghann on January 2, 2013

Go Seminoles!!!!

Florida_State_Seminoles_Lonnie_Pryor_Orange_Bowl_MVP_20130102014158_320_240.JPG

I’m so proud of my Seminoles this year ! 12 wins, ACC Champions, Top 10 finish, and Orange Bowl Champions translates to an amazing year. Way to go!!

Of course I was fast asleep by halftime. What? The game didn’t start until 8:30! I was tired. :)

This morning I was up early with the dogs, ready for my first run of 2013. Maddie and I kicked the new year off with a 4 mile run around my parents’ neighborhood. I didn’t wear my garmin and just stuck with a route I already knew the distance for.

I was a total stressball yesterday regarding wedding stuff and kept waking up in the middle of the night thinking of just one more thing I needed to do. I really needed a run this morning. The run calmed me down and allowed me to zone out and just plain relax. Nothing beats a good run when you’re all wound up. Nothing.

By the time I returned, my dad already had breakfast going in the kitchen. He’s good at spoiling us.

scrambled eggs, potatoes, and apple slices

We have a day full of wedding projects and errands ahead of us – time to get this party started!

Have a great Wednesday!

1 Katie Cummings January 2, 2013 at 9:11 am

You can do this! Stress now means less stress the day of, right?!?

2 Sara @ fitcupcaker January 2, 2013 at 9:39 am

wedding projects are fun, just remember to stay calm on the day, dont get stressed out by the little things, because something will go wrong, somewhere :)
Sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..New Year’s Day 2013 : Healthy Apple Nachos

3 Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian January 2, 2013 at 9:41 am

I can’t believe how quickly time is flying by! Your big day is so close!!!
Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian recently posted..WIAW #38: Travel Eats {What I Ate Wednesday}

4 amyt January 2, 2013 at 9:45 am

SO Happy the Noles won it!!! Hope everything goes smoothly for you this week!!!!!

5 Sabrina January 2, 2013 at 9:47 am

I was up until at least 1 am watching the game and trophy presentation! So much for getting to bed earlier in 2013! Go Noles! >>–;;–>>
Sabrina recently posted..Work-Shopping 2013

6 NYC Fit GIrl January 2, 2013 at 10:02 am

Awesome job Noles!! Everything will work out in the end Meghann! The less you stress the better! Don’t get yourself all worked up for the big day!
NYC Fit GIrl recently posted..Happy New Year

7 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats January 2, 2013 at 10:53 am

Good luck with all the wedding stuff, and be sure to take a deep breath and take it all in, this is such an exciting time! Enjoy it!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..WIAW–First Day of 2013

8 Meghan @ After the Ivy League January 2, 2013 at 10:58 am

Good luck with all the final wedding details!! You’ll get it all done, one step at a time!

9 LizForADay January 2, 2013 at 11:02 am

It is great that you are still keeping up with your running amidst all the wedding plans. Good for you. :)
LizForADay recently posted..FD229 – WordPress Plugin, Redirects…Near Lizaster!

10 Laura January 2, 2013 at 11:34 am

SO excited for you! Running is a great stress reliever!

11 Christine @ BookishlyB January 2, 2013 at 11:50 am

Just remember how prepared you are- even when it doesn’t feel like it, you’ve covered all your bases and have (seemingly) a great group of people helping you out.
Christine @ BookishlyB recently posted..Nonfiction Nagging- The Best Running Book I’ve Ever Read

12 Meg January 2, 2013 at 11:53 am

Good luck with the last few days of wedding prep!

Orange Bowl Champions…not BCS Champions. Big difference. :)

13 Hayley @ Running on Pumpkin January 2, 2013 at 12:39 pm

I need to go for a run for the same reasons..moving out of my place today and kind of a stressball! I hate when stress makes you wake up a million times. Good luck with errands today!

14 Kelly @ Running to Healthy January 2, 2013 at 12:53 pm

I fell asleep during the game, too! Nice to wake-up to the win!!
Kelly @ Running to Healthy recently posted..2013: Goals for the New Year

15 Julianna @ Julianna Bananna January 2, 2013 at 1:21 pm

i’m so excited to read about the big day :) hope everything goes smoothly these last couple of days!
Julianna @ Julianna Bananna recently posted..healthy eating in the dining hall {from a college freshman’s perspective}.

16 joelle (on a pink typewriter) January 2, 2013 at 1:55 pm

Mmm, that breakfast looks great! You’re lucky your dad is such a great cook!

17 Annette @FitnessPerks January 2, 2013 at 2:05 pm

WOW! Good luck, girl. You’ve got this :)
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..HooRag Review

18 Amanda W January 2, 2013 at 2:28 pm

Maybe I’m misunderstanding you, but the BCS championship is definitely the 7th and it definitely does not include FSU. Sorry, I don’t think that would be a feather in their cap for this year.. Perhaps you meant something else?

19 ct cupcake January 2, 2013 at 2:29 pm

wait I’m confused, the BCS National Championship game didn’t happen yet and FSU isn’t in the Championship game. Is this a odd old post or a dream ?
ct cupcake recently posted..Smell ya later 2012

20 Bethany @ Accidental Intentions January 2, 2013 at 3:17 pm

*Orange Bowl champions, really. While the Orange Bowl is a BCS bowl, the BCS championship game (and thus, the game where the BCS Champion will be determined) is next Monday. It’s an easy semantic mistake to make, especially given how weird and complicated the BCS is, anyway. Regardless, winning any BCS bowl is a huge accomplishment for any team, and I definitely thought of you when I saw Florida State won!

There’s not much better for me mentally than a good stress or angry run. Nothing clears my head quite like pounding the pavement! Glad you were able to relax, and I hope these last few pre-wedding days go well for you :)
Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted..2012 Running Recap

21 Sarah January 2, 2013 at 4:53 pm

Uh, they’re Orange Bowl champions, not BCS Champions. Big difference! That game is next week – Notre Dame vs. Alabama.

22 Stacey @starpulp January 2, 2013 at 11:03 pm

I keep a notepad next to the bed during busy/stressful times. When I wake up in the middle of the night, I just wrote down whatever it is that jolted me awake so I can sleep. When I wake up, I have the start of a todo list!
Stacey @starpulp recently posted..With the Greatest of Ease…