more ยป" />

Sending 2012 Out With A Bang

by Meghann on January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!!!!

We’re getting married this year! Ahh!!! :)

2012 was a great year full of great friends, new adventures, and happy beginnings. Yesterday was the cherry on top to all of it.

We started the last day of 2012 by celebrating the 26th anniversary of the birth of our dear friend Marcus.

Happy Birthday, Marcus!

Mary and Marcus invited everyone over for a delicious New Year’s Eve birthday brunch. Brunch is my FAVORITE meal of the day so I was very excited.

There was an incredible spread of french toast casserole, monkey bread, egg souffle, fresh fruit, savory scones, and I made my dad’s famous biscuits and gravy.

So. Good.

After brunch Derek and I headed home to do laundry and rest a little before the evening’s activities, we had a New Year’s Eve wedding to attend after all.

Ten days after sending a group text with the most wonderful news (Felipe had proposed! Jess and Felipe were getting married!) Jess and Felipe were ready to say “I do” at a small ceremony in front of their closest friends and family.

The ceremony was beautiful. It was small, intimate, and very Jess and Felipe. There were tears, there were giggles, and there was lots and lots of love.

Congrats to the new Mr. and Mrs.!!

IMG_6799.JPG IMG_6800.JPG

After the ceremony we headed to a local italian restaurant to toast the newlyweds over dinner.

The appetizer trays were insane – calamari, shrimp, prosciutto, and bruschetta, oh my!

I ordered the chicken breast with artichoke hearts and mushrooms. It was amazing, but I was so full from the appetizers that I could only eat a quarter of it.

There was chocolate wedding cake for dessert!

We left the restaurant and headed to a family friend’s house to ring in 2013 on the water.

IMG_6886.jpg IMG_6887.jpg

It was the perfect way to say good-bye to 2012 and HELLO to 2013.

2013, we’ve got BIG plans for you!

Happy New Year!!!

1 Army Amy* January 1, 2013 at 10:52 am

What a wonderful way to send out 2012! Congrats to your friends, Jess & Felipe! There’s something so special about being present at a small wedding. And best wishes to you and Derek on all the great things in store for you this year!*
Army Amy* recently posted..Ringing It In

2 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats January 1, 2013 at 11:02 am

Wow that was quite a day of celebration! And congratulations to your friends, it looks like they really enjoyed their ceremony!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..The Best of 2012

3 Michelle January 1, 2013 at 11:24 am

Happy New Year!
What a great way to end 2012 – a wedding!

4 Sara @ Fitcupcaker January 1, 2013 at 12:08 pm

I also have high hopes for 2013. What a great way for your friends to get married.
Sara @ Fitcupcaker recently posted..Weekly Meal & Fitness Plan

5 Steph @321delish January 1, 2013 at 12:09 pm

LOVE THIS!!! I can’t with to celebrate with you in a few days!

6 beka @ rebecca roams January 1, 2013 at 12:12 pm

Quite a busy day!!! Do your cheeks hurt? It is pretty apparent that the whole group spent the entire day grinning! Great way to end 2012 :)
beka @ rebecca roams recently posted..Being anti-resolution + 2013 Goals

7 Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 1, 2013 at 12:17 pm

Happy New Year! Only a few more days until your wedding! Yay!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Pregnancy Update: Weeks 25 and 26

8 Christine @ We Run Disney January 1, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Wow, what a day y’all had! Sounds fabulous and love all the photos.

9 Kathy January 1, 2013 at 1:53 pm

What a happy day …congrats to your friends…I just love what they did!!

It’s your big week…have fun!! So can’t wait for recaps and pictures. ๐Ÿ˜‰

10 Erica January 1, 2013 at 1:55 pm

What a fantastic day! The wedding sounds like a blast! Josh and I wanted to have a tiny wedding but …our parents wanted otherwise ;). You look so cute in your dress.
Erica recently posted..pv.body & Disney Sneak Peak

11 Sara@RunningInPinkProject January 1, 2013 at 2:12 pm

You look so pretty (and so happy) in all of your NYE photos! :) Congrats on your wedding week!!!!!!!
Sara@RunningInPinkProject recently posted..Here- There- and- Back Again

12 Joelle (on a pink typewriter) January 1, 2013 at 2:33 pm

Love that first picture of you and Derek! You should frame it!
Joelle (on a pink typewriter) recently posted..2013

13 Melissa January 1, 2013 at 2:47 pm

Wow you had a great year! My favorite moment of 2012 was definitely marrying my best friend. In 2013 I’m excited (and really scared) to run my first full marathon.
Melissa recently posted..2013 Goals

14 Melissa January 1, 2013 at 2:47 pm

Happy wedding week!!! ๐Ÿ˜€
Melissa recently posted..2013 Goals

15 Hayley @ Running on Pumpkin January 1, 2013 at 3:15 pm

Looks like such a fun night! I think NYE would be one of the only holidays I would consider getting married on!

16 Emily @ Relishments January 1, 2013 at 3:58 pm

I love your firework photos! Any tips? Mine always come out horribly.

Happy wedding week!
Emily @ Relishments recently posted..Highlights: Looking Back on 2012

17 Helena January 1, 2013 at 4:12 pm

That’s awesome. Pretty much my dream wedding. Just get married. I have to admit that although it’s fun to attend other people’s big weddings, getting married privately like a week after the engagement sounds much more enjoyable to me! :) Congrats to them – they look so happy!

18 TorontoRunner January 1, 2013 at 4:13 pm

Happy New Year!!
I love wedding pics – can’t wait for yours!!
TorontoRunner recently posted..Women At Work

19 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats January 1, 2013 at 5:53 pm

I love small wedding ceremonies. They are so personal and all about the love. Also, your earrings are adorable!
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..2013 Goals

20 kirsten January 1, 2013 at 9:51 pm

Your friend Jess’ wedding reminds me so much of my own wedding! Congrats to the new Mr and Mrs!

21 Chuck January 2, 2013 at 12:12 am

Aw I’m so sad I missed this but it look like an amazing day and the uniting of two wonderful friends! Thanks for sharing Meghann!
Chuck recently posted..Acceptance, Willingness, and Committed Action

22 Peggy January 3, 2013 at 9:02 am

Ahh congrats to the happy couple! And looks like you started 2013 off right =)
Peggy recently posted..Sauteed Chicken w/ Garlic & Herb Butter Sauce