Day 1 of 2013

by Meghann on January 1, 2013

Greetings from Titusville!

After a very relaxing (and distracting!) long weekend full of amazing friends and good times, I finally took a minute to sit down and review my wedding to-do list. Gulp – do I really have that much left to do? Yikes… I better get on that. So I decided to pack up and head to my parents’ house a day earlier than I was expecting. Both of my parents have the entire week off and have already been a great help today whittling off what needs to be done.

I should probably move “organize wedding room” higher on that list.

Wedding stuff. Everywhere. I could lie and say it’s organized chaos, but that’s a lie. It took me 5 minutes to find the bridesmaids’ gifts this afternoon. Whoops.

In other exciting news…

Screen shot 2013-01-01 at 8.40.59 PM.png

I will not jinx this. I will not jinx this. I will not jinx this.

My first meals of 2013:

Breakfast: Scrambled egg with sausage and a side of leftover fruit salad.

Lunch: leftover artichoke and mushroom chicken with arugula

Dinner: leftover 15-bean soup and cornbread at my parents’ house

The first day of 2013 and I’m already sensing a theme. 😉

Now that New Year’s is officially behind us, it is game. on. with final wedding prep.

1 Allison January 1, 2013 at 9:38 pm

The big day is soooooo close! How exciting!

2 TorontoRunner January 1, 2013 at 10:14 pm

Wow, 4 days!! And look at that weather!!
TorontoRunner recently posted..Women At Work

3 Chelsea @ CardioandCocktails January 1, 2013 at 10:32 pm

Seeing your wedding lists always make me want to check stuff off our list and our wedding isn’t until April! Good luck with everything!!

4 Jean January 1, 2013 at 11:56 pm

15-bean soup? I’m guessing it’s not referring to the different types of beans, because that would be nuts!

5 Angela January 2, 2013 at 3:22 am

ahhhh 4 more days! That is so crazy. I remember the feeling of anticipation. Soak it in, girl!
Angela recently posted..2012-The Year of Changes

6 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope January 2, 2013 at 7:10 am

I can’t believe your wedding is so close!! I’m so excited for you! Everything will all come together in the end. That is what happened with me. :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..New Years Weekend!!…

7 Army Amy* January 2, 2013 at 8:33 am

Even with all you have to do, you still seem pretty calm. Best of luck getting everything done. The big day will be here before you know it!*
Army Amy* recently posted..Day 1

8 Sara @ fitcupcaker January 2, 2013 at 9:36 am

4 more days woo hoo! Congrats!
Sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..New Year’s Day 2013 : Healthy Apple Nachos

9 Emily N January 2, 2013 at 10:15 am

4 days? how did that happen?! well, i guess its only three now that i am writing this!
Emily N recently posted..Back After Extended Leave

10 Sara@RunningInPinkProject January 2, 2013 at 5:12 pm

Everything will come together!!! :) Good Luck with your “to do” list!
Sara@RunningInPinkProject recently posted..Get (And Stay) Inspired in 2013

11 Melissa January 2, 2013 at 9:15 pm

4 days! Or 3!? So exciting!! I have to say, ever since reading your proposal story and then seeing pictures from your sister’s wedding (only 6 days before mine) I’ve been so excited to see YOUR pictures!
Melissa recently posted..The First Day of 2013