more ยป" />

A New Year’s Eve Bride

by Meghann on December 31, 2012

Jess is getting married!

551590_10102577029703663_237020343_n.jpg

Nine days ago we received a group text with some exciting news; Jess and Felipe were engaged! The next day we received another group text with even more exciting news; they didn’t want to wait and were getting married on New Year’s Eve! Woo hoo!

So what’s a group of friends to do? We pulled the lovebirds apart the day before the big day and took each of them out for an old fashion bachelorette and bachelor celebration. The men took Felipe out to do “manly-men” stuff (aka shoot clay discs and eat at Hooters) and the girls took Jessica out for a day of pampering.

Mani/pedis + wine + peppermint oreo balls = perfection

After our nails were done, we headed to Boca for dinner.

We are all pretty obsessed with Boca. It’s a local farm-to-table concept restaurant with great custom cocktails, delicious food, and an extremely knowledgeable staff.

We started with a toast for the beautiful bride.

IMG_6675.jpg  IMG_6677.jpg

Cheers!

A server walked by with a serving of their duck fat truffle fries and we immediately had to order a plate of our own. They smelled and looked amazing.

The fries were better than I could have imagined. They were full of so much flavor and greasy deliciousness. Nom. Nom. Nom. I could return and easily order the fries as my entire meal, they were that good.

For my main course I ordered the flat iron steak with green bean and mashed parsnips.

Again, amazing. I was really in a steak mood and this meal hit the spot. Everyone’s orders looked so so so good. I can’t wait to return and eventually try everything the menu has to offer. :)

After dinner a group of us headed back to Jess’s apartment with a bottle of wine and stayed and chatted for hours. As we were trading crazy stories from our past (come on, everyone has crazy stories from their past!), it hit me how lucky I am to have made these amazing friends in the short time I’ve lived in Tampa. These girls are my best friends, I love them to pieces, and I wish so much happiness to each of them.

I’m so happy for Jess and Felipe. They are an amazing team and tomorrow is going to be a beautiful day for a wedding. I can’t wait to celebrate with them!!!!

1 Sarahf December 31, 2012 at 7:10 am

I LOVE this!! Spontaneous weddings are so much fun. And you guys are great friends to organize such an awesome bachelorette party.
Sarahf recently posted..A review of 2012- Part Two

2 TorontoRunner December 31, 2012 at 7:44 am

Wow!! How absolutely exciting! Were you guys completely shocked?
congrats to them!!
TorontoRunner recently posted..Feel free to a roll of Bounty.

3 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats December 31, 2012 at 8:50 am

oh my goodness, that is quite a turn around! I hope they have a wonderful wedding!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..CHO-Cornbread and Dips

4 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles December 31, 2012 at 9:35 am

That’s so exciting! As much as I want a traditional wedding, I am intrigued by the idea of throwing one together last minute. My boyfriend’s brother and his wife actually eloped, which I think is actually really romantic!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..The Non-Workout Workout Plan.

5 Silvia @ skinny jeans food December 31, 2012 at 9:40 am

Haha, nothing more exciting to be distracted from one’s own impeding wedding with a surprise wedding by someone else 6 days earlier :-)
Silvia @ skinny jeans food recently posted..Snow Galore

6 kirsten December 31, 2012 at 9:48 am

I did something very similar, decided to get married with 3 weeks notice. It means so much to a bride when her friends are there for her on such short notice. You guys are clearly very good friends! Congratulations to the bride and groom!!

7 Kathy December 31, 2012 at 10:33 am

Love…LOVE…LOVE …this!! I would LOVE for one of my kiddos to do it this fast (knowing of course that it would be forever!)

FUN!

8 Natalie @ Free Range Human December 31, 2012 at 10:49 am

Wow! That’s exciting! I can’t imagine pulling together a wedding that fast.

9 Sara @ Fitcupcaker December 31, 2012 at 1:01 pm

What a fun time! All the food looks great!
Sara @ Fitcupcaker recently posted..Weekly Meal & Fitness Plan

10 Katie @ Balanced RD December 31, 2012 at 1:07 pm

New Year’s Eve weddings are a blast! I would not be able to pull off a wedding in that little time! Have fun!

11 Kate December 31, 2012 at 1:29 pm

I love this! I had a surprise wedding this spring (with >6 months of planning, but no one else knew!) and I wouldn’t have had it any other way. If you want to read about it… :)

12 Peggy December 31, 2012 at 2:34 pm

What a quick turn-around from engagement-to-wedding! Hope everything is magical for the new couple =)
Peggy recently posted..Curried Mussel Chowder

13 BP January 1, 2013 at 9:52 am

So exciting and fun! Congrats to her!
P.S. your friend’s eyes are closed in that picture you posted of the two of you…

14 Kristy @ Kristy's Health Revolution January 1, 2013 at 2:04 pm

How awesome that they got engaged and then got married 10 days later! I love that!!
Kristy @ Kristy’s Health Revolution recently posted..Hello, 2013!