more ยป" />

Puzzle Pieces

by Meghann on December 30, 2012

Good Morning! Happy second-to-last day of 2012!

It was BEAUTIFUL out this morning, a complete 180 from the clouds and rain that greeted me for my run yesterday morning. Because of the terrible weather I could only get in 3 miles yesterday, today I was able to up it to 5. I know, huge spender on that mileage, but right now 5 miles is a long run for me and I was happy to get the long run in.

Thanks to the cooler weather, I was even able to sleep in a little before my run. It was still so quiet and serene when I finally made it out the door a little after 8. NOTHING beats a longish run on a quiet Sunday morning, nothing.

After my run I made my new regular breakfast.

Two eggs

Apple slices with peanut butter

I’m not sure where it came from, but last night I had the bright idea to start a puzzle.

Puzzleparty.jpg

I haven’t done a puzzle in years, I forgot how calming and how much fun they are. My siblings and I used to spend hours doing complicated puzzles when we were kids. I wish they lived closer so we could work on this one together, I’m a terrible puzzle person without them. I’m making progress, it’s just slow progress. If I had my siblings this would have been done last night. ;)

When’s the last time you put together a good puzzle?

1 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats December 30, 2012 at 11:37 am

I LOVE puzzles! I don’t know why, I just find them so fun and relaxing!

2 Hayley @ Running on Pumpkin December 30, 2012 at 11:41 am

I agree with you that nothing beats a long run on a Saturday morning…except for a lazy breakfast on the couch on Sunday morning :) I used to do puzzles all the time up at my family’s cabin in the mountains, but I haven’t done one in probably 10 years.

3 TorontoRunner December 30, 2012 at 11:53 am

It has been since my early, eaaarly childhood that I’ve tried to put a puzzle together – and it wasn’t calming either! haha!

4 Sabrina December 30, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Over the summer I had the idea to start a puzzle. Went to Target, bought a 1000 piece panoramic picture of NYC and it was the hardest puzzle ever. Every piece looked the same. Conclusion: I should stick to kiddie puzzles next time.

5 Sara @ fitcupcaker December 30, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Im trying to figure out what to eat right now and those eggs look good! Wow what a puzzle!

6 Christine @ BookishlyB December 30, 2012 at 2:24 pm

I haven’t done one since I was little, but I can see how you think they’re relaxing- sometimes slightly monotonous hands-on activities can be good (I used to cross stitch for that reason). When I was an elementary teacher I had a puzzle going on in the back of the room for earlier finishers- the kids loved it!

7 Jean December 30, 2012 at 2:55 pm

I love puzzles!!! The last one I did was insanely hard. Not only was it 1,000 pieces, but we didn’t realize that the picture on the front of the puzzle, a bunch of cartoon people looking at something in horror, wasn’t actually the picture we were putting together-we had to put together what they were looking at! So hard to do a puzzle and not know what it’s supposed to look like. It was really satisfying to finish it, though.

8 Rachel December 30, 2012 at 4:33 pm

My family has a holiday tradition of putting together a 1,000 piece puzzle. We start on Christmas Eve and the goal is to be done by New Year’s Eve. So far, we’ve always made it – and it’s a great way for people who haven’t seen each other in a few months to sit and chat.

9 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats December 30, 2012 at 5:23 pm

I haven’t done a puzzle in years. Honestly they frustrate me lol don’t beat yourself up about your 5 mile long run, 5 miles is totally my long run these days too!

10 Natalie @ Free Range Human December 30, 2012 at 5:46 pm

I can’t remember the last time I did a puzzle, but I used to really enjoy it!

11 Mrs. Swan December 30, 2012 at 10:22 pm

Oh wow! I thought this was going to be a wedding post. LOL My son loves puzzles and is really gifted with them I am told. (He never does what the teachers tell us he does when I am around) I haven’t touched one in years though.

12 Ruby December 30, 2012 at 10:59 pm

OMG~I haven’t thought of puzzles in decades, this may be what I need in order to relax! I look forward to reading about all your adventures, Good Luck.

13 Melissa @TryingtoHeal December 31, 2012 at 11:38 am

My mom had us do one on Christmas! It reminded me too how relaxing they can be.