I had to throw one last countdown post in there. One week from today Derek will be a groom and I’ll be his bride.
Here’s what we’ve got…
- The venue
- A caterer
- The DJ
- Photo booth
- My dress
- My veil
- My “Somethings”
- Wedding jewelry
- Bridesmaid dresses
- A flower girl
- Flower girl dress
- The guest list
- A Wedding Website (here’s a tour of it!)
- Engagement photos
- The photographer
- Wedding registries
- Hotel room block
- The cake cutter (my parents)
- A cake plan
- A DIY flower plan (flowers have been pre-ordered!)
- Brother Jack
- First dance song
- Mother/Son song (keeping it a secret until the big day!)
- Hair person (same one that did my sister’s wedding)
- Hair Trial
- Make-up person (same one that did my sister and SIL’s wedding)
- Make-up trial
- Bachelor party cruise
- Toasting flutes
- My wedding band
- Videographer (connected with a friend who agreed to do it 🙂 )
- Cake topper (after Fido turned our first one into a chew toy our replacement arrived last week)
- Officiant (my uncle will be stepping in)
- Bridal shape-up plan
- cowgirl boots + cardigans for bridesmaids
- Derek’s wedding band
- Location for rehearsal dinner (invitations went out this week!)
- To book the honeymoon
- Songs for: ceremony, introductions, father/daughter dance (keeping a secret 😉 )
- Gifts for parents
- Bachelorette Weekend
- Bridal Shower (+ Tampa shower!)
- I Spy photo game for tables
- Something for the flower girl to carry
- Bridesmaids gifts
- Groomsmen gifts
- Ceremony Script
- Chair rentals
- Favor Bags
- Dress fittings are complete
- Marriage license
- Shoes for ceremony
- Sunday brunch plans
- Hotel room for wedding night
Stuff currently “in the works”
- Decorations <– making progress
- Day-of timeline <– can finalize until I talk w/ the DJ next week
- Centerpieces <– have an abstract idea
- Dessert bar <– cookies were ordered, working on asking friends/family for other contributions
- Stock the bar <– have majority of sodas, liquor, and beer, still need mixers
- Table numbers <– at the printer!
- Seating chart <- can’t 100% finalize until the week of
- S’mores ingredients <– still need marshmallows
- Hotel Welcome Bags <- have bags, paper inserts are at the printer, need to buy goodies to fill
- Our vows <– we’re writing our own
And here’s what we still need:
- Program (chalkboard)
- Signs for s’mores station, cards, guestbook, etc.
One week. We are ONE WEEK away. Where the heck did the last year go? Can you believe a week from today Derek and I will be husband and wife?! eeeee…. so exciting!
With a week to go the obsessive weather checking has already begun. So far, so good, but this is Florida and the forecast changes every time I press the refresh button on my browser. All I can really do now is hope for the best and cross my fingers everything works out.
I still have quite a few projects to take care of next week. I’m heading over to Titusville early on the 2nd (possibly the first) and finish up what I can. Derek will drive over on 3rd and a lot of our friends and family will be arriving that day too (can’t wait to see everyone!). I have a list that I keep going over and over just to make sure I don’t forget anything.
Unfortunately getting married a couple of weeks after Christmas means a lot of our vendors are on holiday at the moment (totally understandable and expected). Our DJ is out of town until the 31st and I can’t finalize our day-of timeline until I talk to him. Once I have that set in stone I can forward it to the caterer, photographer, and the rest of the bridal team to ensure there is some what of a plan in place.
The day of the wedding my aunt is completely in charge. I’m handing over the reigns and letting her be the person everyone talks to if there’s a problem. If there’s a problem, I don’t want to know about it. We already had a tiny snafu with the flowers (the wholesale florist couldn’t get a flower I wanted that was going to be the main focal point for the bouquet) and my aunt stepped forward and exhausted her other floral contacts until she found the flower we wanted. I was already in chill go-with-the-flow bridal mode and would have been happy with any flower, but she knew how much I loved those flowers and wanted to make it happen. I love her so much for that!
The honeymoon! I keep forgetting about the honeymoon! We leave for the Dominican Republic the Tuesday after the wedding. Woo hoo! I can’t wait to spend a full week on a beach with my new hubby.
So that’s it. One week until my wedding and it feels like a normal Saturday. I kind of like that.
How were you a week before your wedding? Total stressball or cool as a cucumber?