Wedding: One Week To Go!

by Meghann on December 29, 2012

I had to throw one last countdown post in there. One week from today Derek will be a groom and I’ll be his bride.

OneWeekToGo.jpg

Here’s what we’ve got…

Stuff currently “in the works”

• Decorations <– making progress
  • Day-of timeline <– can finalize until I talk w/ the DJ next week
  • Centerpieces <– have an abstract idea
  • Dessert bar <– cookies were ordered, working on asking friends/family for other contributions
  • Stock the bar <– have majority of sodas, liquor, and beer, still need mixers
  • Table numbers <– at the printer!
  • Seating chart <- can’t 100% finalize until the week of
  • S’mores ingredients <– still need marshmallows
  • Hotel Welcome Bags <- have bags, paper inserts are at the printer, need to buy goodies to fill
  • Our vows <– we’re writing our own

And here’s what we still need:

• Program (chalkboard)
  • Signs for s’mores station, cards, guestbook, etc.

One week. We are ONE WEEK away. Where the heck did the last year go? Can you believe a week from today Derek and I will be husband and wife?! eeeee…. so exciting!

With a week to go the obsessive weather checking has already begun. So far, so good, but this is Florida and the forecast changes every time I press the refresh button on my browser. All I can really do now is hope for the best and cross my fingers everything works out.

I still have quite a few projects to take care of next week. I’m heading over to Titusville early on the 2nd (possibly the first) and finish up what I can. Derek will drive over on 3rd and a lot of our friends and family will be arriving that day too (can’t wait to see everyone!). I have a list that I keep going over and over just to make sure I don’t forget anything.

Unfortunately getting married a couple of weeks after Christmas means a lot of our vendors are on holiday at the moment (totally understandable and expected). Our DJ is out of town until the 31st and I can’t finalize our day-of timeline until I talk to him. Once I have that set in stone I can forward it to the caterer, photographer, and the rest of the bridal team to ensure there is some what of a plan in place.

The day of the wedding my aunt is completely in charge. I’m handing over the reigns and letting her be the person everyone talks to if there’s a problem. If there’s a problem, I don’t want to know about it. We already had a tiny snafu with the flowers (the wholesale florist couldn’t get a flower I wanted that was going to be the main focal point for the bouquet) and my aunt stepped forward and exhausted her other floral contacts until she found the flower we wanted. I was already in chill go-with-the-flow bridal mode and would have been happy with any flower, but she knew how much I loved those flowers and wanted to make it happen. I love her so much for that!

The honeymoon! I keep forgetting about the honeymoon! We leave for the Dominican Republic the Tuesday after the wedding. Woo hoo! I can’t wait to spend a full week on a beach with my new hubby.

So that’s it. One week until my wedding and it feels like a normal Saturday. I kind of like that.

How were you a week before your wedding? Total stressball or cool as a cucumber?

1 Stephanie @ Steph's Miles December 29, 2012 at 9:21 am

Congratulations! You are super organized! I’m saving your link up to all your posts for my friend’s wedding!
Stephanie @ Steph’s Miles recently posted..Challenge Loop update and 12 Days of Fitness

2 runinboise December 29, 2012 at 9:24 am

I eloped to Vegas. I was cool as a cucumber until the ceremony.
runinboise recently posted..Two For Tuesday

3 Jessica December 29, 2012 at 9:25 am

Enjoy the final week! It’s crazy but it will be so worth it when you walk down the aisle.

P.S.–went to the Dominican for my honeymoon and loved it!

4 Brittney December 29, 2012 at 9:35 am

So exciting that you are a week out now! I didn’t realize you we’re going to DR for your honeymoon! I was there a year ago and LOVED it :). I have a bunch of posts from our trip if you look under January 2011 on my blog!
Brittney recently posted..My Thirtieth Week

5 abbi December 29, 2012 at 10:31 am

Back away from the weather forecast! :) It looks like you are quite prepared for a wonderful day for you and your guests!
abbi recently posted..2012 in 2012: A Look Back

6 kirsten December 29, 2012 at 11:36 am

I was okay the week before my wedding, I thought I would be a total stress ball but at that point you kind of have to just roll with the punches.

I hope you have a wonderful wedding! :)

7 Yo Momma Runs December 29, 2012 at 12:36 pm

What an awesome aunt! I hope your day goes smoothly, or that you don’t know about it if it doesn’t.:) We planned our wedding in a month, so I don’t know if I was relaxed at any point. But it was pretty small and simple, which is what you get with a month’s worth of planning.

8 Liz December 29, 2012 at 12:38 pm

Wow, that is a lot of planning. I am excited for you all. I love weddings. I wish I could be there. :)
Liz recently posted..FD226 – Orlando Vacation Around the Corner

9 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats December 29, 2012 at 1:04 pm

oh my gosh, so close!!!!!!! I’m glad you’re being calm about it, and that’s great that your aunt is there to take over for you! My best friend from college is getting married in June and doing a lot of DIY stuff, very similar to your wedding. She needs to find a point person like that… I’d be it but 1) I won’t be in the same state until a few days before the wedding and 2) I’m in the wedding party!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..2012 Races Recap

10 Cher @ Weddicted December 29, 2012 at 3:11 pm

I was chill the week before. A couple of days before, though, I was stressed because I am such a control freak. AND, the night before, I pulled my dress out of the bag to hang so that it wouldn’t be wrinkly at the bottom, and there was a HUGE pull right through the front. I completely freaked out, lol, but my sister (and maid of honor) was there; she told me to calm down and she fixed the problem. No one but her and I knew that there was a problem :)

Good luck! Congratulations.
Cher @ Weddicted recently posted..Bridesmaid gifts: Kate Spade spotlight

11 Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete December 29, 2012 at 4:49 pm

I absolutely love that picture of you two!!! I’m so excited about your wedding. It will be beautiful!
Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete recently posted..Happy Holidays!

12 Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily December 29, 2012 at 7:59 pm

Good luck this week, try not to stress too much! Remember it’s not about the wedding, it’s about the marriage :)
Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily recently posted..Christmas Eve 2012

13 Grazia December 30, 2012 at 9:05 am

The week before my wedding I was quite calm, my only concern was for the wether (I had an outdoor ceremony), but eventually it was a beautiful sunny day.
I’m sure that your wedding will be adorable!

14 Melissa @TryingtoHeal December 31, 2012 at 11:37 am