more ยป" />

The Moving Crew

by Meghann on December 29, 2012

Happy moving day, Steph!

557018_10102572809910163_2028505010_n.jpg

We thought the photo needed props. A City Kitty = moving day prop, right?

The gang was up bright and early this morning to help Steph move from one apartment complex to another (slighty cheaper and larger) one a couple of miles down the road. We helped her move and she repaid us with donuts, coffee, and burgers – sounds like a good deal to me.

20121229_101421.jpg

Apartment #1.

20121229_101752.jpg

20121229_102613.jpg

20121229_104412.jpg

They almost got the bed down the stairs in one piece. Almost.

20121229_105036.jpg

Apartment #2.

20121229_121140.jpg

Thanks to the large group of helpers, we had Steph moved in just a few hours. Can you believe she moved to Tampa a year ago with just two cars worth of stuff? Today is took a full UHaul and three carloads to get everything over. It’s funny how much stuff we can collect in a year.

After everything was settled we headed to Square 1 Burger for lunch.

20121229_124809.jpg

I was starving and burger sounded so so so good. I ordered the black and bleu, which came with bacon and bleu cheese, and a side of sweet potato fries.

20121229_132151.jpg

TOTALLY hit the spot! Thanks, Bill and Steph, for a delicious meal. :)

Derek and I came home and crashed, then I decided to set-up our latest wedding present.

542203_10102573794067903_202559120_n.jpg

(thank you Delphine! we love it!)

eeekkkk!!!! What should I bake up first with it?!?!? It’s so pretty, I just want to stare at it on the counter. :)

I reheated some leftover turkey soup for dinner.

Still good a day later.

We rented “The Amazing Spiderman” for a quiet night in. Has anyone seen it? Any good?

psstt.. We’re getting married a week from today! Soooo exciting!

1 Kashi @ Cape Island Runners December 29, 2012 at 9:53 pm

oh my gosh, i love my kitchen aid mixer! it really is the best for baking, makes the most wonderful and uniform batters! i also got the cover for it, really helps keep it from getting dusty on the counter :) Enjoy that puppy!!

2 Elisa December 29, 2012 at 9:59 pm

You should make marshmallows, they are so easy in a kitche aid! Alton brown has a great recipe!

3 Chuck December 29, 2012 at 10:16 pm

I hope you guys had fun today! I’m bummed I couldn’t have been there to help!

See you next week!

4 Sara @ fitcupcaker December 29, 2012 at 11:04 pm

I got the same mixer for Christmas! 1 week how exciting!

5 TorontoRunner December 29, 2012 at 11:14 pm

so nice of you guys to help her move! I’ve moved soooo many times in my life – it is never easy!

I’ve never seen that Spiderman – enjoy!

6 Elisabeth December 29, 2012 at 11:22 pm

Couldn’t live without my Kitchenaid – awesome wedding present :)

7 sarahf December 30, 2012 at 3:34 am

Having friends help with a move is amazing, she’s lucky to have such a cheerful bunch of movers! I have no idea what you could do with the mixer, I’ve only just splashed out on my first hand blender and I’m still deciding what the first “blend” should be! And a week to the wedding! Eek! Enjoy it!

8 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 30, 2012 at 6:57 am

I can’t believe how much stuff we can accumulate but in all fairness, furniture plays a HUGE roll. When I moved to LA, I had 1 car worth of stuff. With each move I had to get (at least) the small uhaul and leaving LA, I sold all my furniture, threw a bunch of stuff away and left with 2 cars full. ;)

9 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes December 30, 2012 at 8:27 am

Getting a Kitchenaid is exciting! I don’t have my own (yet!), but my family has one at home. Using it is such a treat after dealing with a hand-held blender for cooking and baking. :)

10 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats December 30, 2012 at 9:27 am

I want a kitchenaide mixer soooo badly! They are amazing. Moving us the worst, you guys are sweet for helping.

11 Michele December 30, 2012 at 11:14 am

Is Derrick wearing his wedding ring in that top picture? ????

12 Jennifer L December 30, 2012 at 2:33 pm

“Someone’s been a bad lizard!”

I cracked up laughing at that… just too corny!

13 Steph @321delish December 30, 2012 at 3:41 pm

Thank you SO SO SO SO MUCH!!! I could NOT have done it without you guys!!!!

And, so Jealous of your Kitchen Aid!!!

14 Sara@RunningInPinkProject December 30, 2012 at 6:45 pm

The Kitchen-Aid mixer is the wedding gift I was most pumped about! :D Hahaha! I love it when other couples are excited to receive one. I most recently made peanut butter fudge in mine but next up is banana bread probably!