Tasty Turkey Soup

by Meghann on December 28, 2012

We’ve officially worked our way through the last of the Christmas leftovers. Saving the best for last, I finally made the turkey soup I’ve been craving since the day after Christmas.

The best thing about leftover turkey soup is you can put just about anything in broth and you’ve got a meal. I grabbed what veggies we had in the fridge (onion, carrots, peppers, and green beans) threw them in a pot, added the last of the turkey, seasoned with chili powder, salt, and pepper, and covered with broth. Brought it to a boil, cooked on low for 20 minutes, and served with fresh avocado. Bam. Done.

Love, love, love turkey soup. So simple, so tasty, and so comforting when it’s a little chilly outside. Love.

Before I finished off the turkey with the soup, I had a serving for lunch with some fig preserves, cheddar cheese, olives, crackers, cucumbers, carrots, and hummus.

Today’s snack = Pear + PB2 sauce

Derek and I are on a roll with documentaries on Netflix tonight. So far we’ve watched one on the NFL draft, one of being a vegan, and now one on Steve Jobs. A week from tonight we’ll be at our rehearsal dinner, but for now we’re taking a minute to relax and enjoy the night before the crazy week begins. Have I mentioned how much I love this man? Because I do. I really do. :)

1 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 29, 2012 at 7:24 am

That documentary on Steve Jobs reminds me that I got that book for Christmas last year and need to read it. SO interested in reading about the man who used to be one of my bosses…. 😉
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Yoga State of Mind

2 Meghan December 29, 2012 at 9:22 am

hey, what are the documentaries? i’ve been looking for good ones :)

3 Becky @ runfundone December 29, 2012 at 10:16 am

That soup looks very tasty!
Becky @ runfundone recently posted..2012: A Look Back

4 Sara @ fitcupcaker December 29, 2012 at 10:41 am

How do you make your PB2 sauce?
Sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..Gluten Free and Paleo: The New Crave?

5 TorontoRunner December 29, 2012 at 12:11 pm

I really enjoy documentaries! One on being a vegan would be pretty interesting.
Have a great Saturday!
TorontoRunner recently posted..Raaaandom FACTS!

6 Courtney December 29, 2012 at 12:40 pm

Yum, that soup looks delicious! And I love documentaries :)

7 Joelle (on a pink typewriter) December 29, 2012 at 1:58 pm

You are the soup queen!
Joelle (on a pink typewriter) recently posted..Book Review: Blackberry Winter

8 Kelly @ Running to Healthy December 30, 2012 at 8:10 am

OMG that turkey soup looks unbelievable! I have split pea and pepperoni soup on the menu this week. I love soup when it’s cold (and we finally have a Florida cold snap!). Do you know the name of the NFL Draft doc? Sounds like something we would enjoy. Thanks!

9 Margaret December 30, 2012 at 9:59 am

Was it “Vegucated”? (I think that’s how it’s spelled) I was a hot mess by the end of it…