Shaky Feet

by Meghann on December 27, 2012

Good Morning!

After taking a week off from CrossFit (I would have returned yesterday but the holiday hours were still in effect), I couldn’t wait to get back to the box this morning.

20121227_075900.jpg

Apparently I was only one of a few who couldn’t wait to dive back in. The class before ours had three people and ours had a grand total of two. Oh well, nothing wrong with a small class – just think of it as a private lesson.

We focused on the power snatch again this morning and kept our weight light so we could focus on form. It was one of those rare WODs where our form improved with sets instead of depleting.

The second part of our WOD (the AMRAP) was tough. The three moves didn’t look hard on the board, but I was wiped after one round. The repetitive box jumps and tuck jumps did a number on my feet. All the pounding caused them to swell up and I had to shake them out between reps so I could stop them from going numb. Once the WOD was over, the only thing I could do was take my shoes off to give them room to swell and recover. They were still shaking when I left to drive home.

20121227_075919.jpg

It was chilly this morning – a bowl of oatmeal was definitely in order.

20121227_083436.jpg

For the oats:

• 1/3 cup rolled oats
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • cinnamon
  • vanilla whey protein powder

On top

• almond buter
  • fruit salad
  • almonds
  • walnuts

20121227_083428.jpg

Perfecto.

I’m off to see a very special Wannabe Athlete today. πŸ˜‰

Have a great Thursday!!

1 Sara @ fitcupcaker December 27, 2012 at 9:36 am

I just love oatmeal. I think I could eat it for almost any meal!!Yours looks delicious!
Sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..WIAW- Back To The Grind

2 lisa fine December 27, 2012 at 9:39 am

Love those shoes – super cute! Are they new?
lisa fine recently posted..winter csa share, box three

3 Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed December 27, 2012 at 9:41 am

I’ve been thinking about CF for a while now and I instead opted to sign up for my local YMCA… less than a month later I find a livingsocial deal for the On-Ramp classes for my local box! What bad timing lol. I’m debating getting the deal anyway to see what CF is really about… and if I decide I don’t want to commit to it, I can always do the moves I learn at the Y.
Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed recently posted..Christmas Reflections

4 Becky @ Olives n Wine December 27, 2012 at 9:53 am

I am taking a break from crossfit over the holidays too. I am super pumped to get back to a class on January 2nd!! I hope your feet are feeling better πŸ™‚

5 Hayley @ Running on Pumpkin December 27, 2012 at 10:57 am

That’s so weird about your feet – that happens to me sometimes but only when I do the elliptical for a long time. I don’t know what it is about the movement of it but it makes my feet swell and go numb!

6 Jessica December 27, 2012 at 11:09 am

Ha, my toes almost always get numb on the elliptical.. what the heck?! πŸ™‚

7 Beth December 27, 2012 at 11:14 am

Ouch on the feets! I’m so impressed with all your xfitting. It makes me nervous! lol! Missed you last night. πŸ™‚
Beth recently posted..Thankful Thursday

8 Jessica December 27, 2012 at 11:28 am

My feet used to do the exact same thing, but my husband (who used to do a lot of circus performing) taught me how to use my arms for power and momentum while jumping. Try you YouTubing a few videos on arm windup for jumping…it really takes the load off your feet and you land extremely lightly.
Jessica recently posted..Open to the Experience

9 Meghann December 28, 2012 at 9:31 am

Thank you for the tip!

10 Meghan @Health Continuum December 27, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Good for you for getting back to CrossFit. The oatmeal look delicious! I totally wanted some after my chilly run but alas I was out of oatmeal =(
Meghan @Health Continuum recently posted..Limbo Morning

11 Meghan @ After the Ivy League December 27, 2012 at 12:14 pm

You’re reminding me I want to look into CrossFit for the new year…see if there are any one month trials out there or something. I’ve been wanting to try it out for a long time now!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Combining the Old and the New

12 Annette @FitnessPerks December 27, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Yay for workouts! Way to get back into it πŸ™‚

13 Ashley December 27, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Hope the swelling down!
Ashley recently posted..Saturday in Pictures

14 Kat December 27, 2012 at 5:37 pm

I can’t wait to start Crossfit in 2013! Your poor feet! I know that I have to switch up my shoes for jumping movements – funny enough that I’ve heard that Chucks are the best crossfit shoe!

15 Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer December 27, 2012 at 5:54 pm

I love to snatch. It makes me feel like a beast!
Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer recently posted..Christmas 2012

16 Hope December 27, 2012 at 6:50 pm

Your link to wannabe athletes blog is wrong?

17 Ali December 27, 2012 at 9:09 pm

My gym has been completely empty too… wait til the 2nd of January! We won’t be saying that then.