Run, Eat, Shop, Plan

by Meghann on December 22, 2012

Brrrr… it was chilly this morning. I kept hitting snooze on my alarm simply because I didn’t want to leave the warm coziness of my bed. Just 5 minutes more…. another 5 more minutes…. the last 5 minutes... screw it – I’m just turning the alarm off and falling back to sleep.

Unfortunately Maddie would have none of that. She was ready to get up with the first alarm and wouldn’t let me forget it. Eventually I crawled out of bed and made it downstairs. The beauty of a cold morning is there’s no rush to get out the door super early for a run. I took my time and warmed up with a hot cup of water with lemon before gearing up.

I’ve had an adorable bright pink Brooks pullover in my closet since June and have been waiting for cool enough weather to wear it – I finally had my chance this morning.

brooks jacket.jpg

The pullover was perfect; there was just enough coverage to block the wind, but light enough that I didn’t overheat. I also enjoyed the thumbholes, longer length, and overall fit.

Since Maddie was extra hyper this morning, I brought her on the run with me. As soon as she saw me walking over with my running shoes in one hand and her leash in the other, she knew it was game on. She barked, jumped, and tugged the leash, proudly proclaiming she was ready to go.

We ran an easy 4 mile out and back. I left my Garmin at home and just enjoyed the run. It was a picture perfect day for a chilly morning run.

My brother and sister-in-law were pulling up as we were returning and my dad made us all breakfast.

Scrambled eggs, toast,and home made hashbrowns.

Derek made it into town mid-morning and we set off on some wedding-related adventures. We had a wedding bar that needed stocking and a goal of buying enough booze, soda, and water to keep 150 guests dancing and moving all night long. I need to write a post on the Wedding Page regarding our experience with stocking our own bar, it’s definitely been an interesting experience.

My dad brought us to Lone Cabbage for lunch.

I was crossing my fingers for a better experience than I had at the other fish camp I ate at the night before.

Confession: I’ve lived in Florida for 27 years and have never been on an airboat. I’d say that’s equivalent to the folks who live in Colorado and have never been skiing.

IMG_5828.JPG IMG_5829.jpg

This time i stuck with something I knew I couldn’t go wrong with – fried catfish and french fries. Not exactly the healthiest, but at least it tasted good. πŸ˜‰

After lunch we did a little shopping, then headed home to start the process of piecing the seating chart together.

seating chart.jpg

Oh, man. The mis-match tables of different shapes and sizes sure look cute in person, but they do make for a messy seating chart. Derek and I were pulling our hair out trying to place everyone, and we’re still not sure we have it right. Nothing is set in stone yet, but now we have a semi-idea of where everyone is going.

We thought about not having a seating chart, but we’ve been to weddings before without one in the past and weren’t fans of the approach. The seating chart will hopefully prevent unnecessary awkwardness and ensure friends and family members have familiar faces to interact with at their tables. *fingers crossed*

My dad made chili for dinner.

And ice cream was definitely a post-seating chart requirement.

My head hurts. Time to zone out in front of the tv and go to bed.

Tomorrow I’m walking away from all the wedding stuff and instead focusing on all things Christmas! Woo hoo!

1 Monica December 22, 2012 at 11:01 pm

What brooks pullover is that? I’m a sucker for hot pink…

2 TorontoRunner December 22, 2012 at 11:02 pm

The runs without a garmin are sometimes the best!
Ah yikes, all stuff wedding planning must be hard! Good luck!
TorontoRunner recently posted..HEY, You!!! – yeah, YOU..

3 lisa fine December 22, 2012 at 11:35 pm

Oh man. I have the opposite problem. I’d love to wear thin long-sleeved shirts right now, but have to figure out how to stay warm and avoid slipping on ice when going running. πŸ™‚

Enjoy your break from wedding planning!
lisa fine recently posted..homesteading aspirations / thoughts on land and a home

4 Jessica December 23, 2012 at 12:59 am

I can’t wait for your wedding!!!!

5 Kathy December 23, 2012 at 6:55 am

Adorable pull over…so why aren’t you working with Brooks any more? just curious….do they keep some one for a year and then try some one or some thing else?

6 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 23, 2012 at 7:14 am

I can only imagine the torture that could be putting together a seating chart. For my friends wedding this summer she had a “friends” table and while some of us knew each other a bit, some knew each other well, some were just meeting, we had a GREAT time making new friends. We were very much the life of the party table… πŸ˜‰
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Christmas Survey!

7 amyt December 23, 2012 at 9:36 am

I’m with ya on the airboat ride…I’ve lived in Florida all my life and have never been on one – I’d love to though πŸ™‚ Good luck with your seating chart!!!

8 Sara @ fitcupcaker December 23, 2012 at 9:54 am

MAN, french fries are so good! I dont eat them often either but when I do I REALLY enjoy them. They are one of my weaknesses πŸ™‚
Sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..Christmas With The Moon’s

9 Katie @ running4cupcakes December 23, 2012 at 10:17 am

I found that when doing seating plans it helped to look at it for a little while and then walk away and come back to it…. And my mom was super helpful too. And it will all work out so don’t stress!
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted..Friday Favorites: 12/21/12

10 Natalie @ Free Range Human December 23, 2012 at 11:52 am

Wow! It’s definitely crunch time for you. Enjoy your wedding break for a few days!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..The Best Banana Pudding

11 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats December 23, 2012 at 12:30 pm

My run was so cold this morning! I postponed it as long as possible πŸ˜‰
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..The perfect cold weather dinner and a new cookie love

12 Lisa December 23, 2012 at 3:17 pm

I’d love to hear how you do with stocking the bar. We were lucky enough to provide our own beer and liquor, but didn’t account for the amount of younger people. We bought 4 kegs but had to run out for 2 more. We also had 100 more people and got married when I was 22 he 27, I’m guessing we didn’t account for the college crowd. I can’t wait to hear how the wedding goes, enjoy these last couple weeks, stress and all

13 meghan December 23, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Cute running jacket! And the seating chart is definitely one of the hardest things to do. You don’t think it’s going to take a long time, but man it does! I did it the same way as you, which helped a lot.
meghan recently posted..Marathon Training Week 15 + Weekly Workouts Recap

14 Meghan @Health Continuum December 23, 2012 at 7:25 pm

I love the hoodie, so cute! My dog lexie does the same thing when I am getting ready for a run. I need to post a video of her reaction on my blog, it’s too cute.

P.S. I’m a 28 year old native Floridian and I have never been on a aiboat either.
Meghan @Health Continuum recently posted..Christmas Spirit

15 Melissa @TryingtoHeal December 24, 2012 at 11:04 am

I’m from California and I’ve been on an airboat more than you? Meghann! Haha…I wish I were still there, then I could take you on a ride myself!
Melissa @TryingtoHeal recently posted..Birding Thursday: The Ostrich

16 Andrea December 26, 2012 at 10:53 pm

Super cute top! I’ve lived in Florida for 24 years and never been on an airboat either!
Andrea recently posted..The Sunday Salon- December 23, 2012