more ยป" />

Fun Wedding Tasks

by Meghann on December 22, 2012

There are fun wedding tasks and there are boring one, today was definitely full of fun ones!

First up, make-up trial.

20121221_095700.jpg

Don’t worry, that was the before shot.

The person who is doing the make-up for my wedding is the same person who did the make-up for my sister-in-law’s and sister’s weddings. Since I’ve worked with her as a bridesmaid in the past, I was already familiar with her work and knew she does great make-up. She’s also already familiar with my skin and knows what works and doesn’t work with my skin tone. The make-up trial was set-up to test the look I wanted for the wedding, and test the fake eye lashes I plan on wearing for the ceremony and reception. I have really deep set eyes that easily disappear in photos. I wanted something that would make them pop and was hoping the fake eyelashes would achieve that. However, since I’ve never worn fake eyelashes before I wanted to do a test run to make sure I liked them enough to wear on the big day.

20121221_104650.jpg

We tested the smoky eye + lashes on one side and left the other blank for a comparison. The lashes looked a little long in person, but man did they pop on camera! I LOVED them. Seriously, what a difference.

20121221_104659.jpg

Yep. I’ll definitely be wearing these babies for the big day.

I left the make-up trial and headed straight to my second dress fitting. Yesterday I couldn’t get the dress over my hips, today it fit like a glove – my seamstress is an overnight miracle worker. She’s going to finish fine tuning the dress tomorrow and it’s mine to take home on Sunday. I’m just not allowed the lose or gain any weight until January 5th for fear it won’t fit again in 2 weeks!

dressfitting.jpg

I met my dad for lunch after the fitting at our favorite spot in town, Kloibers.

PC210010.JPG

I was cold, so I got a 1/2 and 1/2 combo with a cup of chili

PC210005.JPG

and 1/2 of their Fire Cracker Turkey (turkey and hot sauce on black bean and jalapeno bread) with fruit.

PC210006.JPG

I drove to Oviedo for my hair trial. My dad sketched out a little map for me to follow and everything.

20121221_123409.jpg

I love my dad.

The hair trial was fun. Again, I’m working with the same person who did my hair for my sister’s wedding, so she’s already familiar with my thick, crazy hair. We’re even friends on Facebook and Pinterest, so she’s been stalking my pins to see the look I’m after. We spent a couple of minutes going over the vision I had in my head, then Hi-Leen got to work.

hairtrial.jpg

I think I’m going to save the big reveal for the big day, but Hi-Leen did take half of it down so I could walk around the rest of the day with pretty curly hair.

20121221_165508.jpg

That should give a good hint for the look we were going after. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I really loved the finished product and was sad we took it down a few minutes after it was done. I can’t wait to have it up like that again! The hair + the dress + the make-up are all going to be amazing together. eeekkkkk

I had a few errands to run after my hair trial and stopped at Chamberlain’s for a beet, carrot, and celery juice along the way.

PC210012.JPG

It’s a surprisingly sweet drink considering there’s no sugar or fruit.

I took my dad’s advice and went to Black Hammock for dinner.

PC210018.JPG

Black Hammock has a beautiful location right on Lake Jesup in Oviedo.

PC210017.JPG

I knew what I wanted – Gator.

PC210020.JPG

Gator is traditionally served deep fried, but when I saw the blackened option on the menu I knew I had to try it. I figured the blacked had to be a little healthier than deep fried. I ordered a small batch of the blackened gator bites and a side of vegetables.

PC210021.JPG

Gah. Both dishes were way, way, way too salty and only got saltier with each bite. I should have gone with the deep fried gator, at least that way they would have been a tad more edible. The meat was good, but the excessive salt just ruined the flavor.

PC210026.JPG

Do you know the cure to bad dinner? An awesome dessert. i had an old Jeremiah’s gift card that was burning a hole in my pocket. Can you believe it’s almost Christmas and I still haven’t had any of their holiday flavors yet? What a shame.

PC210028.jpg

Dear Jeremiah’s, You may be the best thing I miss about Orlando. Please build a location in Tampa soon. xoxo You’re biggest fan.

I ordered a small egg nog and pumpkin ice. It was basically a Christmas explosion of flavors in my mouth.

PC210031.JPG

I could have easily ordered another one, then another one, then another one. I thought I was a superfan of the pumpkin, but the egg nog definitely showed some promise to be my new favorite tonight. I’m in love. ๐Ÿ™‚

I headed straight back to Titusville after dessert and met my friends Rachel and Eric at a local bar for a drink.

PC210036.JPG

I ordered the Anderson Winter Solstice Seasonal Ale.

PC210032.jpg

I may have ordered the beer because it had my last name attached to it, but it ended up being a good beer. Very dark with just a touch of seasonal spice to it.

I haven’t seen Rachel and Eric their wedding in September and needed a good catch- up session. They’re leaving super early in the morning to head north, so I’m glad I got a chance to say Hi before they got the heck out of dodge.

Today was full of fun wedding tasks, tasks that I can’t believe have already come and gone because that only means we’re getting close tot he big day. eekkk!!

What was your favorite wedding task when you were planning your wedding?

1 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats December 22, 2012 at 7:12 am

I absolutely LOVE your makeup and your hair. I can see what you’re going for with it up, but it looks gorgeous down too! And I never thought to use fake eyelashes, my eyes also totally disappear in photos so I might look into that for any future big events.
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Best Body Boot Camp Review

2 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 22, 2012 at 7:29 am

What a fun day! I love getting my hair and make-up done, it’s so fun! (though I do always leave wishing I could duplicate that look myself but never can…) But today we’re getting mother-daughter pedicures which is always fun. Not for a wedding, but one of those “fun holiday party” tasks. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Holiday Baking Extravaganza!

3 Megan December 22, 2012 at 7:40 am

love your hair and makeup!! fake lashes make such a difference!

4 Grazia December 22, 2012 at 8:17 am

Beautiful hair and makeup!
I remember my first makeup trial for my wedding: a total fiasco! I looked like a mix of Lady Gaga and a raccoon! Luckily the second trial was perfect. And I used fake eyelashes too: they really did the difference.

5 Pam December 22, 2012 at 8:27 am

Love the hair and make up! You will look gorgeous on your big day!

6 Sarah December 22, 2012 at 9:11 am

Love the hair half up half down! And the fake eyelashes!

Where is that blue shirt from? It looks so comfy!!

7 MealsAndMiles December 22, 2012 at 9:22 am

Old Navy and it is super comfy

8 Deana December 22, 2012 at 9:24 am

You look beautiful with your hair and makeup all done!
Just FYI, there is tons of natural sugar in carrots. That’s why the juice was so sweet.

9 Christina December 22, 2012 at 10:16 am

You’re missing the “l” in your Top Secret picture. It says “unti”

10 MealsAndMiles December 22, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Grrr…. I has two “l”s on accident at first and must have deleted both when I went to remove one. I’ll fix it when I get back to my computer. Thanks for letting me know.

11 Natalie @ Free Range Human December 22, 2012 at 10:24 am

Your hair looks gorgeous!

12 Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper December 22, 2012 at 10:46 am

Haha, I was so thrown off at first by the shot of you with the makeup on because I didn’t realize you only had half your face done. It looks good, though! I’ve only worn fake lashes once (for prom).
Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday #2

13 sara @ fitcupcaker December 22, 2012 at 11:36 am

Love the hair and makeup! I likes picking out the flowers and food for my wedding!
sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..25 Days of Christmas โ€“ Part 3

14 Laura December 22, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Pretty hair & pretty makeup! Can’t wait to see the dress and the whole look put together! Yay ๐Ÿ™‚
Laura recently posted..Hampton for the Holidays

15 Lisa December 22, 2012 at 1:36 pm

You should consider getting eyelash extensions for your wedding…way more natural looking than the strip lashes, completely water/tear proof, and you dont have to worry about wearing makeup for your entire honeymoon!

16 Cher @ Weddicted December 22, 2012 at 1:54 pm

I’m barely wear makeup (mascara is it for every day) and so my makeup trial/day of was slightly frightening, haha. At the trial I said hell no to false lashes, but tried some subtle ones on the day of and I actually loved them! Looks great in pictures, too. What I did hate, though, was that in person my makeup was really intense (my husband was like, “hmm.. you’re wearing a lot of makeup, eh?” Idiot. Anyway, haha, for the pictures, it was worth it.
Cher @ Weddicted recently posted..Bridesmaid gifts: Kate Spade spotlight

17 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats December 22, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Hair and makeup look great! I have had gator a few ways but fried is the only way I actually think it is worth eating.
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..The perfect cold weather dinner and a new cookie love

18 Kelly @ Running to Healthy December 22, 2012 at 7:33 pm

Everything looks beautiful! My favorite part of planning was the Honeymoon–ha! Thinking about spending an entire week with my husband on a cruise was blissful (especially after the hectic nature of wedding planning). Love the wedding and loved the honeymoon even more!

19 Joelle (on a pink typewriter) December 22, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Love the curly hair!
Joelle (on a pink typewriter) recently posted..Right Now

20 TorontoRunner December 22, 2012 at 8:45 pm

I can not waaait to see your dress!! Love that hairstyle btw!
TorontoRunner recently posted..HEY, You!!! – yeah, YOU..

21 Miranda @ Biting Life December 23, 2012 at 12:50 am

Awww your hair looks GORGEOUS like that!! Can’t wait to see it on the big day ๐Ÿ™‚
Miranda @ Biting Life recently posted..Back to Normal — Healthy Goals Checklist Update

22 Heather December 23, 2012 at 1:37 am

Wedding tasks make me so excited!

23 Sweta December 23, 2012 at 11:22 am