more ยป" />

Six Cool Miles

by Meghann on December 21, 2012

Good Morning!

A mini cold front is currently work its way through Central Florida, so there was a bit of a chill in the air when I got out of bed this morning. It was the perfect excuse to break out the long sleeve tech tee I got at the OUC Half Marathon earlier this morning for my morning run.

ouc half shirt.jpg

I really liked this year’s shirts. The design is great, the dark blue color is great, the long sleeves are great, and the fit is great, all that was missing was the cooler weather and excuse to actually wear it.

I ran a new route from my parents’ house and had no idea how far it would take me when I started. I guesstimated about 4-5 miles, but it ended up being closer to 6 – the longest distance I’ve run since the OUC half on December 1st. I’m sure I have the awesome cooler weather to thank for this, but I felt good on the run – really, really good – as if I could have kept going for a couple of more miles without a problem. It was a welcomed change to the so-so runs I’ve had recently. I love you, cool weather. ๐Ÿ™‚

After my run I made two scrambled eggs and sliced up an apple for breakfast.

Now I’m ready to tackle the day.

Today’s line up is wedding focused (as all my trips to Titusville have been lately):

• make-up trial
  • dress fitting #2
  • hair trial

At least these are fun tasks! Can’t wait to see how it al turns out!

Enjoy your Friday! The world didn’t end this morning – I think that’s a good enough reason to hit up happy hour this evening… right?

1 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 21, 2012 at 9:27 am

Your day sounds totally fun!! Enjoy it!! ๐Ÿ™‚
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday Story Time

2 Sara @ fitcupcaker December 21, 2012 at 10:05 am

Scrambled eggs are def my go to meal after a run or hard workout!
Sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..Twasโ€™ 11 Days Before Christmas

3 Christine @ BookishlyB December 21, 2012 at 10:41 am

I think it’s supposed to happen at noon? But I’m confused about how that will work with the different time zones- slight snafu on the Mayans’ part.
Christine @ BookishlyB recently posted..The Case of the Missing Muppet

4 Annette @FitnessPerks December 21, 2012 at 10:45 am

What a great way to start off an awesome day! Enjoy those tasks-they’re super fun ๐Ÿ™‚
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Holiday Survey Fun!

5 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats December 21, 2012 at 10:47 am

What a fun day! A hair and make up trial sounds like a great day of pampering and hopefully your dress fitting will go much better today! Can’t wait to hear about it!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Best Body Boot Camp Review

6 Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer December 21, 2012 at 10:59 am

oh fun! are you going out some place special after your hair and make up trial? Can’t let a good make up/hair day go to waste!
Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer recently posted..Coffee Date

7 Becky @ Olives n Wine December 21, 2012 at 11:02 am

Do we really need an excuse for a happy hour?? If so, the world still existing is definitely a good one! ๐Ÿ™‚
Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted..The BEST Cookie Iโ€™ve Ever Eaten โ€“ Andes Mint Cookies

8 Megan December 21, 2012 at 11:26 am

post pics of the hair and makeup! i love seeing the trial looks!

9 Jean December 21, 2012 at 11:33 am

Oh, wow, totally forgot about the end of the world. Thanks for reminding me we made it!
Jean recently posted..Gen Whatever-er

10 TorontoRunner December 21, 2012 at 11:43 am

Hair and dress trial, how exciting! I’m not sure if you mentioned it in the past, do you have ideas of how you’d like your hair to be?
SO exciting, good luck!
TorontoRunner recently posted..HEY, You!!! – yeah, YOU..

11 beka @ rebecca roams December 21, 2012 at 12:08 pm

I could totally use a day like that ๐Ÿ™‚ Sounds like a day of pampering! The weather is perfect out for running. Alas, I’m still stuck atwork to not be able to enjoy it. But got a good 10-11 on tap for tomorrow morning!
beka @ rebecca roams recently posted..I started a fire in 2012

12 NYC Fit GIrl December 21, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Have fun today!!!
NYC Fit GIrl recently posted..Fitness Year in Review

13 Kashi @ Cape Island Runners December 21, 2012 at 1:54 pm

Hope the dress fitting goes well! Mine was never quite right (even with 3 fittings!), so def be vocal if it does not seem comfortable. I wound up changing out of my dress for the ceremony bc it was so bad! But it all worked out, since I was more comfortable that way anyway ๐Ÿ™‚
Kashi @ Cape Island Runners recently posted..End of the World โ€œBig Yearโ€!

14 Kathy December 21, 2012 at 3:56 pm

I can’t believe your wedding is so close….it seems like just yesterday I read about and saw the proposal pictures. Can’t wait to see those posts after!! You must be getting giddy with excitement already!!