more ยป" />

The Three Amigos

by Meghann on December 20, 2012

The three amigos are back together again.

PC200031.JPG

And getting them to sit still for a group photo is next to impossible.

PC200008.JPG PC200009.JPG PC200016.JPG

PC200011.JPG

They were just having too much fun.

My parents are watching my brother’s dog while he and his wife are on a cruise and Maddie rode over with me this afternoon. Maddie loves car rides (even 2 hour road trips) and went crazy when we pulled into my parents’ driveway. As soon as we made the final turn she knew exactly where we were and couldn’t wait to get the party started.

PC200018.JPG

Maddie may be the smallest, but there’s no question she’s the boss in the trio.

I was running late this morning (what else is new?) and didn’t have a chance to eat lunch before I left Tampa. I ate a handful of almonds on the way (p.s. Blue Diamond Honey Dijon Almonds are AWESOME) and figured I would have plenty of time to eat something when I got to my parents’ house. Famous last words. I arrived at my parents’ house ten minutes before I was supposed to be at my dress fitting across town. Whoops. I needed something to eat, so i quickly threw together a little plate of food to hold me over until afterwards.

PC200002.JPG

Wasa crackers, almonds, turkey, and gouda.

I hadn’t seen my dress since I dropped it off with the seamstress over Thanksgiving, so I was very excited to try it on again for the first fitting. I had high hopes that I would put the dress on and it would be magic. Unfortunately, that’s not quite how it worked out. Everything was going good, until I tried putting the dress on and couldn’t get it passed my hips! Perhaps I should have laid off of the Christmas cookies a little more?

Thankfully this is exactly why we have fittings in the first place. The seamstress was able to locate the problem with the fit and is currently working to fix it. I have another fitting tomorrow at 11:00 – cross your fingers we’ll have a little more success with the next one.

My dad had dinner going in the crock pot all day – pork roast and veggies.

PC200035.JPG

The whole house smelled like winter as soon as you entered. My dad let the pork marinate overnight and started cooking it this morning with onion, potatoes, and carrots in the crock pot. By the time we took the pork out of the pot at 5:30 it was falling off the bone.

I loaded my plate up with pork, potatoes, and veggies.

PC200037.JPG

So. Good.

For dessert, I had a serving of Barney’s White Christmas Ice Cream from the freezer.

PC200039.JPG

Wedding dress fitting? What wedding dress fitting? pshh…

My parents are huge X Factors fans so we’re currently watching the finale. I never had a chance to get into the show, but always appreciate the suspense a good season finale always provides!

Are you an X-Factor fan? Who were you rooting for?

1 Annette @FitnessPerks December 20, 2012 at 9:38 pm

There’s always room for ice cream. Always. ๐Ÿ™‚ I am sure tomorrow will go great!

Have fun with your parents!
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Skipping The Gym

2 Hayley @ Running on Pumpkin December 20, 2012 at 9:46 pm

I’ve been watching X Factor this whole season and have been rooting for Carly since day 1. She is incredible!!

3 abbi December 20, 2012 at 10:17 pm

The dogs are adorable. I tried to get all three of mine in a good picture the other night…didn’t work! I’m sure your next fitting will go better!
abbi recently posted..Running from the Heart

4 TorontoRunner December 20, 2012 at 10:55 pm

Hope the fitting goes well tomorrow!

I just watched the X Factor final too..and I can admit I’m 24 and in love with the One Direction boys…
TorontoRunner recently posted..Santa has shimmied down my chimney!

5 Belle December 20, 2012 at 11:00 pm

What does marinaded mean?

6 Liz December 21, 2012 at 9:12 am

Where’s Scooby?

7 Liz December 21, 2012 at 9:13 am

….. that comment was not supposed to go there.

8 MealsAndMiles December 21, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Scooby passed away in August. ๐Ÿ™

9 Liz December 21, 2012 at 2:37 pm

He deserves a tribute post!

10 Sara @my less serious life December 21, 2012 at 6:34 am

wasa crackers are my favorite!
Sara @my less serious life recently posted..gummy bears and brussels sprouts

11 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope December 21, 2012 at 7:06 am

Aww, the pups are too cute! ๐Ÿ™‚ Good luck with the dress fitting. I’m sure it will go great!
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Saute Express Chicken!โ€ฆ

12 Cher @ Weddicted December 21, 2012 at 7:45 am

I can’t wait to see your dress!
Cher @ Weddicted recently posted..Bridesmaid gifts: Kate Spade spotlight

13 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats December 21, 2012 at 8:03 am

Awww the dogs are too cute! I’m riding in the car from Chicago to Kansas City (8 hours) with my brother, sister-in-law and their dog tomorrow! She’s great about being in the car though, although she likes to sit on people… I have I feeling I’ll be that person.
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Best Body Boot Camp Review

14 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats December 21, 2012 at 8:13 am

That ice cream looks awesome. I am excited to see your dress! I love all the wedding updates ๐Ÿ™‚
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Friday Favorites

15 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles December 21, 2012 at 8:28 am

I don’t have cable so I haven’t been able to watch it. Hope it’s a good one this year! And those pictures just remind me of why I need to get a dog soon!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Five Things Friday # 2

16 Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper December 22, 2012 at 10:45 am

Honey dijon almonds, yum! I’m currently enjoying a bag of wasabi almonds from Trader Joe’s. They have quite a kick, but they’re darn good!
Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday #2