Hot Chocolate Party

by Meghann on December 15, 2012

Happy Birthday, Mary!

Last night we celebrated Mary’s 26th birthday (which was actually on 12-12-12 <– how cool is that?) in holiday style. Mary loves the Christmas season and wanted to do a festive celebration. Her choice? A hot chocolate bar with desserts!

Cutest. Idea. Ever.

Guests selected a mug to fill with a delicious rich dark hot chocolate or white chocolate brewing in the crock pots in the kitchen.

Then there was a topping bar to dress up the hot chocolates with that included crushed peppermints, whipped cream, sprinkles, chocolate chips, and even some flavored Kahulas.

IMG_5347.JPG IMG_5349.JPG

The table was also full of homemade sweets to nibble on with the hot chocolate.

IMG_5351.JPG IMG_5362.JPG

Marshmallow snowmen! I die!

I had a mug of the dark hot chocolate with whipped cream, peppermint, and sprinkles. It was heaven in a mug. The hot chocolate was so rich and luxurious and the peppermint toppings gave it just the right amount candy cane themed goodness.

I also had my share of desserts.

Sugar. Overload… and I loved every minute of it. πŸ™‚

Such a great night, filled with amazing friends.

IMG_5383.JPG IMG_5380.JPG

Happy Birthday, Mary!

Here’s to another great year of being fabulous! πŸ™‚

What’s your favorite hot chocolate topping? I’m a crushed peppermint girl. πŸ™‚

1 sara @ fitcupcaker December 15, 2012 at 8:26 am

Hot chocolate bar! What a great idea! Yum. Who doesnt like hot chocolate in the winter!
sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..Eat Chocolates!

2 Dana December 15, 2012 at 8:41 am

That’s a cool theme party for a birthday! I love white hot chocolate. December is the perfect month for hot cocoa.
Dana recently posted..First or Last?

3 Becky @ Olives n Wine December 15, 2012 at 8:48 am

What a great party idea!! I have the same reindeer antlers as you pictures above πŸ™‚ my favorite topping has to be whipped cream, with festive sprinkles of course!
Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted..Reese’s Peanut Butter Bark

4 Caroline December 15, 2012 at 8:49 am

What a great theme for a party. This sounds absolutely delicious! I love putting peppermint mini marshmallows in my hot chocolate. YUM!
Caroline recently posted..Thankful Thursday

5 sarahf December 15, 2012 at 9:33 am

I love the party idea, thinking of doing something similar now! I never think of topping my hot chocolate, I like it just plain, although I sometimes add marshmallows if I’m feeling extravagant!
sarahf recently posted..Saturday Ponderings

6 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles December 15, 2012 at 9:46 am

I love whipped cream on hot chocolate…but peppermint sounds pretty tasty too!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Don’t Stop Now.

7 Krissy @ Shiawase Life December 15, 2012 at 11:52 am

Very fun! πŸ˜€ Happy bday to Mary πŸ˜€
Krissy @ Shiawase Life recently posted..Hope for Sandy Hook.

8 Elisabeth December 15, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Definitely whipped cream required for me!

9 Ali December 15, 2012 at 12:24 pm

That’s the cutest idea ever… I love peppermint hot chocolate too:)
Ali recently posted..Friday Favorites

10 Liz December 15, 2012 at 12:26 pm

The marshmallow snow mean are awesome and so creative. I love all the goodies in the picks. πŸ™‚
Liz recently posted..FD 218 – 14 Big Blog Improvements for Your Benefit

11 Madison @ Pilates Makes You Happy December 15, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Great Idea!!! I am SO stealing it!
Madison @ Pilates Makes You Happy recently posted..β€œEff You” Week.

12 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats December 15, 2012 at 1:19 pm

I’m a marshmallow and baileys girl πŸ™‚
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..How to guarantee a PR

13 Emily N December 15, 2012 at 2:15 pm

I also love peppermint, but I also like a little swirl of Bailey’s in there… πŸ™‚
Emily N recently posted..Saturday "Long" Run

14 Hayley @ Running on Pumpkin December 15, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Such a cute idea for a party!! I love mexican hot cocoa because of the cinnamon!

15 Kristen @ notsodomesticated December 15, 2012 at 3:25 pm

How fun! I love marshmallows or whipped cream with my hot chocolate … I’m a purist haha! πŸ˜‰
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Not one, but TWO cookie recipes!

16 Anne December 15, 2012 at 3:53 pm

What a cute idea for a party! I love the marshmallow men and the topping choices πŸ™‚
Anne recently posted..Friday Favs

17 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats December 15, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Your hair looks so pretty! And I’ve never had an opportunity to put anything on my hot chocolate other than marshmallows! Haha but I sure wouldn’t mind giving it a try!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..PV.Body Review

18 TorontoRunner December 15, 2012 at 4:39 pm

oh gosh, all of that looks soooo good!
I’ve been having so much hot chocolate during the holidays – perfection!
TorontoRunner recently posted..Injury…?

19 Amelia December 15, 2012 at 5:03 pm

I love her green dress! Very festive and cute, especially with the belt.

You and Derek are such an adorable couple. You are going to have the cutest kids! πŸ™‚

20 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 15, 2012 at 6:18 pm

What a great party idea! That’d be a great idea for a holiday gathering too!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Hitting the Reset Button

21 Hope December 15, 2012 at 10:01 pm

That is a lovely photo of you and Derek

22 Angela December 16, 2012 at 4:00 am

Your hair looks so cute! Such a great idea, I love me some hot cocoa.
Angela recently posted..Tis the Season!

23 Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper December 16, 2012 at 10:03 am

Oh, this is such a great idea! I actually don’t really have a favorite hot cocoa topping, probably because I’ve never really tried topping it with anything (well, except for marshmallows, of course!). I’m not a fan of whipped cream, so that’s out, but I’ll try some crushed peppermint!
Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday #2

24 [email protected] December 16, 2012 at 10:58 am

Ohhh I might have a steal a version of this idea for my Jan Birthday. Looks fun!
[email protected] recently posted..The Mad Dash

25 Charlie (therunnerbeans) December 16, 2012 at 6:04 pm

Those snacks look AMAZING!!
Charlie (therunnerbeans) recently posted..Greetings From New Zealand