more ยป" />

Four for Friday

by Meghann on December 14, 2012

1. Girl Meets World

topanaandcorymarried.jpg

Have you heard? There’s going to be a Boy Meets World sequel!

Danielle Fishel (Topanga) and Ben Savage (Cory) have signed on with the Disney Channel to co-star in “Girl Meets World,” a show which will follow Cory and Topanga’s 13 year-old daughter and friends.

Screen shot 2012-12-14 at 2.16.50 PM.png

eekkkk!!

I grew up with Boy Meets World! I remember watching it on ABC when their TGIF line up actually gave people to stay in on a Friday night and watch good tv. I’ll catch an episode of the show every once in a while on ABC Family and it never gets old. I’m excited to catch up with some of my favorite characters through the new show. ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Cookies

I still have no idea what I’m making for the TBLB Cookie Swap on Sunday. I’ve narrowed it down to a few options:

Peanut Apple Pretzel Drops

Peanut Apple Pretzel Drops.jpg

Cashew Cookies with a Beer Caramel Glaze

Cashew Cookies with a Beer Caramel Glaze.jpg

Graham Cracker Snickerdoodles

Graham Cracker Snickerdoodles.jpg

Pecan Pie Bites

PecanPieBites.jpg

What do you think? Which “cookie” should I make?

3. Pizza and Eggs

Don’t let the photos fool you, I totally layered the pizza with eggs and bacon and made a pizza, eggs, and bacon sandwich. ‘Twas delicious.

4. Tragedy

My heart breaks for all the families in Newtown tonight. I can’t imagine what those families are going through, nor do I ever want to know. Too many lives were taken far too early this morning. I’m going to hug my loved ones extra tight tonight and I encourage everyone to do the same. We need to remember never to take a moment of life granted for a second.

1 Elisabeth December 14, 2012 at 5:16 pm

Definitely the pecan pie bites!!!

2 Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper December 14, 2012 at 5:19 pm

I vote graham cracker snickerdoodles. Simply because I’m obsessed with graham crackers in anything & everything.

3 Hayley @ Running on Pumpkin December 14, 2012 at 5:34 pm

I vote pecan pie bites!! So cute and delicious. So devastating about what happened in Connecticut ๐Ÿ™ Makes me so sick.

4 Cait December 14, 2012 at 5:38 pm

peanut apple pretzel or graham cracker snickerdoodles. or both?!

5 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats December 14, 2012 at 5:41 pm

Now I want cookies!!!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..PV.Body Review

6 Hillary December 14, 2012 at 5:54 pm

Just an FYI, Meghann: It’s Newtown, not Newton.
Hillary recently posted..Happy Kitchen Fails (Curried Lentil Soup)

7 Mallory December 14, 2012 at 6:55 pm

Yes… Newtown….thank you for acknowledging the tragedy Meghann. I’m from a nearby town so it hits close to home

8 Jessica December 14, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Graham Cracker Snickerdoodles sound amazing to me. I love cinnamon and graham.

I am a first time mom to an almost 5 month old boy and I have just been sick all day concerning this tragedy.. ๐Ÿ™

9 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 14, 2012 at 6:57 pm

I’m SO excited for Girl Meets World!! I love catching old episodes of Boy Meets World. It’s definitely a highlight to my day when I stop and watch it. ๐Ÿ™‚

10 Meghan @ After the Ivy League December 14, 2012 at 6:58 pm

I didnโ€™t find out about the shooting until about an hour ago. And I quite literally sat in the library and tried to hide my tears. Iโ€™m so heartbroken over it, those poor children. I will definitely be praying for all those affected by it.

11 Kathy December 14, 2012 at 7:46 pm

That first one looks wonderful…so many flavors and texture going on. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I may have to try it too..

12 [email protected] December 14, 2012 at 7:51 pm

Snickerdoodles for sure!
[email protected] recently posted..Alexia Foods Giveaway and Review

13 Meghan December 14, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Snickerdoodles hold a close place in my heart. My late mommom used to make them all the time.. my fav… and prayers and sympathy are a must for ALL those affected ..
Meghan recently posted..Sadness

14 luv what you do December 14, 2012 at 8:59 pm

No way! I love Boy Meets World and was just watching some reruns the other day. Is it sad that I woudl totally DVR that show?!
luv what you do recently posted..Sugar Coma

15 Liz December 14, 2012 at 9:06 pm

My vote is for the peanut apple pretzel drops. I also like Boys Meets World. It was a cute show. ๐Ÿ™‚
Liz recently posted..FD217 โ€“ Christmas Movies & Hot Coco

16 Steph December 14, 2012 at 9:43 pm

peanut apple pretzel drops sound yummy!
Steph recently posted..Spiced Sweet Quick Bread

17 Allison December 14, 2012 at 9:53 pm

It’s nice that you acknowledged the tragedy in CT today, but it seems a little bit insensitive to combine it in a post with cookies and Girl Meets World. I don’t think you mean to trivialize the shootings or equate it to your lunch, so it’s just a thought.

18 Sloane @ Life Food and Beer December 14, 2012 at 10:50 pm

I would make the Cashew Cookies with a Beer Caramel Glaze but I’m a little bias!! ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for considering my cookies! Their really good! Anything with nut butter and beer is a win win!
Sloane @ Life Food and Beer recently posted..Warm Coffee for a Sad Soul

19 Sloane @ Life Food and Beer December 14, 2012 at 10:52 pm

**They’re really good!
Sloane @ Life Food and Beer recently posted..Warm Coffee for a Sad Soul

20 TorontoRunner December 14, 2012 at 11:17 pm

I was definitely a huge fan of Boy Meets World..gonna be interesting, this spin off ๐Ÿ™‚

It’s been such a heavy hearted day with the awful, awful tragedy.
TorontoRunner recently posted..New York City!!!!!!!!!! – Part 2

21 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats December 15, 2012 at 6:52 am

I heard about the girl meets world news a few weeks ago and it is so exciting. Boy meets world was so fantastic, can’t wait to see how they do the new version!
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..How to guarantee a PR

22 sara @ fitcupcaker December 15, 2012 at 8:24 am

Girls meets world seriously? Im pumped. I grew up with boy meets world too. I loved it. I Think you Should make the peanut Apple pretzel drops! Yum
sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..Eat Chocolates!

23 Emily N December 15, 2012 at 2:26 pm

I cannot WAIT for that Girl Meets World.
Emily N recently posted..Saturday "Long" Run

24 Angela December 16, 2012 at 3:56 am

I wonder if Minkus will be on the show?!