reunited and it feels so good

by Meghann on December 13, 2012

The gang’s all here! Come on in, the water’s nice!

66732_10102527277707063_1393467425_n.jpg

Do you know all that hot and sticky weather I’ve been complaining about? The streak finally broke today! The air gradually grew a bit cooler through the day and by nightfall it was darn right chilly!

Of course, the temperature finally started to drop the night our swim team made a pact to reunite for practice.

20121213_181011.jpg

Hello, pool… it’s been a while.

Luckily we swim at a heated pool through the winter and the water temperature was warmer than the air temp tonight. It actually felt good to jump in, like a warm bath or something. We complain about the warm water in the summer, but damn it feels good in the winter.

The first thing my coach asked when I showed up to practice was if I had been swimming. I was honest – I told him no. I hadn’t been in a pool in over a month and even that practice was so-so. I’ve been taking full advantage of my lazy off-season and it showed during my 300 warm-up. I was rusty, really rusty. I wasn’t the only one, we were all rusty.

After our 300 warm-up, we did several sets of drills, then finished practice with some team relays. It was the perfect off-season practice. I wasn’t looking for anything intense, just a nice mid-December refresher to make sure I still know how to swim. It was also nice to spend an hour with my teammates – I missed them!

Before practice I hit the mall for a little rehearsal dress shopping.

rehearsaldressoption.jpg

Do you see a theme in what I was trying on? I have the biggest obsession with lace lately.

I had my heart set on a dress I found online and wanted to try it on before I ordered it. I’m really glad I went because I would have totally ordered the wrong size. The size I thought I was ended up being too big and they didn’t have the next size down in store. I was able to try on the correct size in a different color and it fit perfectly. I ordered the right size in the right color and now I just have to wait for it to come in. Woo hoo! Rehearsal dress = done!

I stopped at Whole Foods on the way home and picked up some take-and-bake pizzas for dinner.

20121213_195228.jpg

Honestly, these pizzas didn’t impress us at all. The crust, cheese, and toppings were all bland. Eh. I wouldn’t get them again.

20121213_201151.jpg

I also got some Peppermint Chocolate Ice Cream from Whole Foods that was delicious. Derek’s throat is still bothering him and what feels better on a sore throat than ice cream? Nada. ;)

Tonight feels like a hot cocoa night. Anyone else care to join me?

Good Night!

1 Sara@RunningInPinkProject December 13, 2012 at 9:56 pm

Bummer about the pizza because it looks really good! I hate it when that happens.
Sara@RunningInPinkProject recently posted..Alexia Foods Giveaway and Review

2 Amanda December 13, 2012 at 10:13 pm

I LOVE LACE! My wedding dress is all lace, I can’t wait for it to come in. I ordered it at the end of September so I’ve got a few more months to wait…. Eeeee!

3 Amy December 13, 2012 at 10:17 pm

So cute! Where did you try these on?

4 Sana December 13, 2012 at 10:47 pm

I love the style of those dresses :)
Sana recently posted..Things I Love About the Holiday Season

5 Kristy December 13, 2012 at 11:09 pm

Pretty dresses!! I like the gray one & bottom left. Very classic. The other two are too old for you

6 Jean December 14, 2012 at 1:45 am

Wait, a rehearsal dress is a thing? I am so out of the wedding loop.
Jean recently posted..In Which I Awkwardly Praise My Readers

7 TorontoRunner December 14, 2012 at 1:51 am

That gray dress is beaaaaaaaaaautiful!
TorontoRunner recently posted..New York City!!!!!!!!!! – Part 2

8 Hillary December 14, 2012 at 7:03 am

I know you already ordered a dress, but I just have to say: I found the most beautiful gray lace dress at Nordstrom a few months ago. They had a wide selection for surprisingly reasonable prices. The dress I bought fits like a glove, and I’m already considering wearing it again for my own rehearsal dinner (that’s, um, 16 months away…haha!)
Hillary recently posted..Happy Kitchen Fails (Curried Lentil Soup)

9 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope December 14, 2012 at 7:35 am

I love lace dresses! I was looking everywhere for one to wear to my rehearsal and I couldn’t find one. It was disappointing but I’m glad that you found one you like! :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..What’s Your Sign?!…

10 Sara @ fitcupcaker December 14, 2012 at 7:44 am

The pizza looked good, stinks that it didnt taste good. I hate when I fill up and Im not satisfied after! Hot cocoa sounds amazing. I have to admit I have been drinking a lot of it lately to satisfy my sweet tooth!

11 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats December 14, 2012 at 7:52 am

Ooooo I love hot cocoa! And I LOVE all those dresses, whichever one you picked will be gorgeous!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..PV.Body Review

12 Faith December 14, 2012 at 8:15 am

All of those choices are classy and gorgeous! The first one in the collage does amazing things for your body (and I’m a sucker for 3/4 sleeves)…I hope it’s that one – but all of them look like fun choices.

13 Kari Lundquist December 14, 2012 at 8:36 am

Where did you find those? I need a New Years Eve dress!
Kari Lundquist recently posted..Food Prep

14 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats December 14, 2012 at 9:04 am

Those dresses are all adorable! Where did you find them?
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Santa Shape-Up

15 Natalie @ Free Range Human December 14, 2012 at 9:07 am

I’m loving lace right now too. I think the vintage look is beautiful!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Ab Work

16 Emily N December 14, 2012 at 9:15 am

Last night WAS a hot cocoa night. I drank some before bed!
Emily N recently posted..Workouts and 2013 plans

17 Caitlin @ This Bride's Joyride December 14, 2012 at 10:28 am

I wanted a lace rehearsal dinner dress so badly! For some reason the ones I was trying on just didn’t flatter me but I swear I have seen so many in the stores recently. I love the one with the sleeves in your pictures – very classy and winter wonderlandish!

18 jessica December 14, 2012 at 12:16 pm

the black/white dress in the upper right corner is to die for. where is it from???

19 MealsAndMiles December 14, 2012 at 1:01 pm

It’s actually navy blue with taupe underneath. All the dresses are from Nordstrom and that one was French Connection :)

20 jessica December 17, 2012 at 10:17 am
21 Meghann December 17, 2012 at 10:18 am

I’d like to thank my curves for giving me the ability to fill out that dress. ;)

22 Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper December 14, 2012 at 5:16 pm

Totally agree about ice cream for sore throats. I had bronchitis recently & you can bet I was all about some ice cream instead of soup :P
Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday #2

23 Liz December 16, 2012 at 3:08 am

Cocoa is a great way to end the day. There is something very comforting about that warm beverage. I love the lace dresses. They look good on you.
Liz recently posted..FD 218 – 14 Big Blog Improvements for Your Benefit