reunited and it feels so good

by Meghann on December 13, 2012

The gang’s all here! Come on in, the water’s nice!

Do you know all that hot and sticky weather I’ve been complaining about? The streak finally broke today! The air gradually grew a bit cooler through the day and by nightfall it was darn right chilly!

Of course, the temperature finally started to drop the night our swim team made a pact to reunite for practice.

Hello, pool… it’s been a while.

Luckily we swim at a heated pool through the winter and the water temperature was warmer than the air temp tonight. It actually felt good to jump in, like a warm bath or something. We complain about the warm water in the summer, but damn it feels good in the winter.

The first thing my coach asked when I showed up to practice was if I had been swimming. I was honest – I told him no. I hadn’t been in a pool in over a month and even that practice was so-so. I’ve been taking full advantage of my lazy off-season and it showed during my 300 warm-up. I was rusty, really rusty. I wasn’t the only one, we were all rusty.

After our 300 warm-up, we did several sets of drills, then finished practice with some team relays. It was the perfect off-season practice. I wasn’t looking for anything intense, just a nice mid-December refresher to make sure I still know how to swim. It was also nice to spend an hour with my teammates – I missed them!

Before practice I hit the mall for a little rehearsal dress shopping.

Do you see a theme in what I was trying on? I have the biggest obsession with lace lately.

I had my heart set on a dress I found online and wanted to try it on before I ordered it. I’m really glad I went because I would have totally ordered the wrong size. The size I thought I was ended up being too big and they didn’t have the next size down in store. I was able to try on the correct size in a different color and it fit perfectly. I ordered the right size in the right color and now I just have to wait for it to come in. Woo hoo! Rehearsal dress = done!

I stopped at Whole Foods on the way home and picked up some take-and-bake pizzas for dinner.

Honestly, these pizzas didn’t impress us at all. The crust, cheese, and toppings were all bland. Eh. I wouldn’t get them again.

I also got some Peppermint Chocolate Ice Cream from Whole Foods that was delicious. Derek’s throat is still bothering him and what feels better on a sore throat than ice cream? Nada. 😉

Tonight feels like a hot cocoa night. Anyone else care to join me?

Good Night!

1 Sara@RunningInPinkProject December 13, 2012 at 9:56 pm

Bummer about the pizza because it looks really good! I hate it when that happens.
Sara@RunningInPinkProject recently posted..Alexia Foods Giveaway and Review

2 Amanda December 13, 2012 at 10:13 pm

I LOVE LACE! My wedding dress is all lace, I can’t wait for it to come in. I ordered it at the end of September so I’ve got a few more months to wait…. Eeeee!

3 Amy December 13, 2012 at 10:17 pm

So cute! Where did you try these on?

4 Sana December 13, 2012 at 10:47 pm

I love the style of those dresses :)
Sana recently posted..Things I Love About the Holiday Season

5 Kristy December 13, 2012 at 11:09 pm

Pretty dresses!! I like the gray one & bottom left. Very classic. The other two are too old for you

6 Jean December 14, 2012 at 1:45 am

Wait, a rehearsal dress is a thing? I am so out of the wedding loop.
Jean recently posted..In Which I Awkwardly Praise My Readers

7 TorontoRunner December 14, 2012 at 1:51 am

That gray dress is beaaaaaaaaaautiful!
TorontoRunner recently posted..New York City!!!!!!!!!! – Part 2

8 Hillary December 14, 2012 at 7:03 am

I know you already ordered a dress, but I just have to say: I found the most beautiful gray lace dress at Nordstrom a few months ago. They had a wide selection for surprisingly reasonable prices. The dress I bought fits like a glove, and I’m already considering wearing it again for my own rehearsal dinner (that’s, um, 16 months away…haha!)
Hillary recently posted..Happy Kitchen Fails (Curried Lentil Soup)

9 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope December 14, 2012 at 7:35 am

I love lace dresses! I was looking everywhere for one to wear to my rehearsal and I couldn’t find one. It was disappointing but I’m glad that you found one you like! :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..What’s Your Sign?!…

10 Sara @ fitcupcaker December 14, 2012 at 7:44 am

The pizza looked good, stinks that it didnt taste good. I hate when I fill up and Im not satisfied after! Hot cocoa sounds amazing. I have to admit I have been drinking a lot of it lately to satisfy my sweet tooth!

11 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats December 14, 2012 at 7:52 am

Ooooo I love hot cocoa! And I LOVE all those dresses, whichever one you picked will be gorgeous!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..PV.Body Review

12 Faith December 14, 2012 at 8:15 am

All of those choices are classy and gorgeous! The first one in the collage does amazing things for your body (and I’m a sucker for 3/4 sleeves)…I hope it’s that one – but all of them look like fun choices.

13 Kari Lundquist December 14, 2012 at 8:36 am

Where did you find those? I need a New Years Eve dress!
Kari Lundquist recently posted..Food Prep

14 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats December 14, 2012 at 9:04 am

Those dresses are all adorable! Where did you find them?
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Santa Shape-Up

15 Natalie @ Free Range Human December 14, 2012 at 9:07 am

I’m loving lace right now too. I think the vintage look is beautiful!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Ab Work

16 Emily N December 14, 2012 at 9:15 am

Last night WAS a hot cocoa night. I drank some before bed!
Emily N recently posted..Workouts and 2013 plans

17 Caitlin @ This Bride's Joyride December 14, 2012 at 10:28 am

I wanted a lace rehearsal dinner dress so badly! For some reason the ones I was trying on just didn’t flatter me but I swear I have seen so many in the stores recently. I love the one with the sleeves in your pictures – very classy and winter wonderlandish!

18 jessica December 14, 2012 at 12:16 pm

the black/white dress in the upper right corner is to die for. where is it from???

19 MealsAndMiles December 14, 2012 at 1:01 pm

It’s actually navy blue with taupe underneath. All the dresses are from Nordstrom and that one was French Connection :)

20 jessica December 17, 2012 at 10:17 am
21 Meghann December 17, 2012 at 10:18 am

I’d like to thank my curves for giving me the ability to fill out that dress. 😉

22 Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper December 14, 2012 at 5:16 pm

Totally agree about ice cream for sore throats. I had bronchitis recently & you can bet I was all about some ice cream instead of soup 😛
Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday #2

23 Liz December 16, 2012 at 3:08 am

Cocoa is a great way to end the day. There is something very comforting about that warm beverage. I love the lace dresses. They look good on you.
Liz recently posted..FD 218 – 14 Big Blog Improvements for Your Benefit