Maddie Loves Skype

by Meghann on December 12, 2012

Bridal shower thank you’s are done! Woo hoo!

I had so much thanks to give to so many lovely ladies in my life! Can’t wait to see everyone again in January! :)

While thank you-ing, I also had a chance to catch up with my twin bro in California.

maddie skype.jpg

(screen shot via my bro)

His text, “Are you available to Skype? I want to see Maddie.” Pshh… I see how it is. It’s all about Maddie. I don’t blame him, she is a fun girl to Skype with. She likes to climb up on my lap and get as close to the computer screen as she can, trying to figure out who the heck is saying her name in there. She misses her Uncle Josh like crazy and is looking forward to seeing him in January (she barked all about it and everything ;) ). He doesn’t fly in until January 2nd, so we’ll miss Christmas with him again this year, but we will have him here for a solid week so three cheers to that!!

Any other dogs who love to Skype out there?

I made soup for dinner tonight per Derek’s request (soup is the best comfort food when you’re sick).

In the pot:

• 1 ham steak
  • 1 broccoli stalk
  • 2 carrots
  • 1/4 red onion
  • 3/4 cup frozen corn
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1 can vegetable broth + 1 can refill of water

I cooked the veggies first, added the broth and water, brought everything to a boil, then brought it back to low for 30 minutes. It was the perfect, easy comfort meal.

I have a few more thank you’s to address, then it’s time for bed.

Good Night!

1 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats December 12, 2012 at 10:28 pm

Haha my brother’s golden retriever, Molly, freaks when you talk to her through the phone and she recognizes the voice and her name.
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..WIAW–Grocery Staples

2 TorontoRunner December 12, 2012 at 10:33 pm

hahah aww!
Skype and facetime are such amazing inventions!!
TorontoRunner recently posted..New York City!!!!!!!!! – Picture Overload

3 Amanda December 12, 2012 at 10:35 pm

That soup looks delish! How much soup broth was in the can? I have a gluten allergy, so I have to make my own broth and wondering how much I would need to use!

4 Ashley December 13, 2012 at 12:40 am

too cute for words!
Ashley recently posted..Pretty Girl Run

5 Sarahf December 13, 2012 at 5:44 am

Aw love maddie! So cute! Soup looks delish too.
Sarahf recently posted..Late birthday and happy times

6 Allison December 13, 2012 at 8:11 am

We lov doing face time and have others talk to our dogs. It’s so funny.
Allison recently posted..Crutching Along

7 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope December 13, 2012 at 8:28 am

Aww! I love that! I remember back in the day when I was away at college I missed my family dog. So I would do the web camera with my family to see him :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Top 100 US Restaurants!!…

8 Emily N December 13, 2012 at 8:39 am

Great work hammering through your thank you notes!
Emily N recently posted..Feeling Strong and Solid

9 Natalie @ Free Range Human December 13, 2012 at 9:21 am

I have got to get on the Skype bandwagon. There are so many people I would love to chat with!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..A Southern Staple

10 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats December 13, 2012 at 9:21 am

Haha when I skype with my sister I swear I talk to her dog more than her!
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Mailbox full of chocolate

11 Sara @ fitcupcaker December 13, 2012 at 9:40 am

I love soup when Im sick. Ill have to try your recipe!
Sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..Free Chobani Giveaway!

12 Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper December 13, 2012 at 9:20 pm

I think my dog is too old/lazy to care about Skype at this point! He’d rather just sit on his bed and stare at us.
Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday #2

13 Lindsay @ prettylittleparadise December 14, 2012 at 8:42 am

oh man, now i reallly want to try Skype with my puggle!!! i bet she would be hilarious- a lot of what you describe about maddie sounds just like my pup…. especially how she doesn’t look like a running dog, but can bang out 4 miles and want to keep going!!
Lindsay @ prettylittleparadise recently posted..is there anything better…

14 Angela December 14, 2012 at 10:13 pm

That soup looks so good! You are so good at throwing recipes together, I need to be more adventurous!