more ยป" />

Muggy

by Meghann on December 11, 2012

Good Morning!!

I hate to complain about the weather, but damn, it’s hot here. My run this morning was hot, sticky, and muggy. I felt like I was running in the dead of summer, not in the middle of December. Where did all that nice, cool weather from November disappear to? Sunday I wore a strapless dress (a strapless dress! in December!) and felt fine, yesterday I wore a tank top and sweated in the leggings I paired it with when I took Maddie outside, and this morning I was tempted to shed my tech tee and run in just my sports bra a mile into my run.

Part of me wants this weather to stick around until January 5th (hey, I have an outdoor wedding ceremony to think of! ๐Ÿ˜‰ ), but the other part is ready for some cooler weather. At the very least, some cooler weather to enjoy for my morning runs.

On the plus side, in the spirit of the off-season, I could take my run as leisurely as I saw fit and not worry about the heat holding me back. I ran a very casual 4 miles and barely checked my pace the entire run. That aspect of the run felt good. ๐Ÿ™‚

After the run I re-fueled with a sweet and savory breakfast.

The sweet: a pear drizzled with some PB2

The savory: two scrambled eggs topped with green onion

I ate breakfast while catching up on last night’s episode of Gossip Girl. (SPOILER ALERT!!) ย I’m still a little disappointed with the final season of the show (bringing Bart Bass back from the dead? Ivy and Rufus? Dan partnering with Georgina? why? why?) and last night’s episode did nothing to win me over. However, the teaser for next week’s episode (the series finale!) did have my heart racing. Hopefully the final episode will allow the show to go out with a bang, just as it entered, and we’ll finally figure out who the heck Gossip Girl is.

In my head, Gossip Girl has always been some random observer from the outside who has nothing to do with the main characters, but I could be wrong. Who do you think Gossip Girl is? A main character? Someone we’ve been introduced to before? Or just some very random person off the street? I guess we’ll just have to tune in to find out!

1 Meri @ RunMeriG, Run December 11, 2012 at 10:27 am

And there you had to go..Bloggin’ about Gossip Girl. Oh my, where to start.

1) I am so, so, so devastated that the show is ending. Which is an interesting emotion considering I have really not thought it was “good” for several years now.

2) Bart Bass plot-line is super annoying me but I must admit he does add some dramz.

3) I heard they are bringing back Jenny and Jonathan for the final episode, which is nice.

4) I think Dan is Gossip Girl. Have for a while now. Based on very little info…except his general sketchiness and desire to be part of the UES world.

5) DO you read the NY Mag Recaps? They are my favorite part about Gossip Girl and will be what I miss the most: http://www.vulture.com/tv/gossip-girl/ As of time of commenting, last night’s wasn’t up yet but I’ll be refreshing throughout the day. ๐Ÿ™‚

You clearly hit on a passion point.

xoxo
Meri @ RunMeriG, Run recently posted..Monday Night Insomniac Musings

2 Christine @ BookishlyB December 11, 2012 at 10:28 am

Hey- in the future SPOILER alert for shows pleaseeeeeee! I’m still a season behind on GG! Not like it’s life-altering info, but….

3 Meghann December 11, 2012 at 10:30 am

Sorry! Adding spoiler alert now!

4 Christine @ BookishlyB December 11, 2012 at 10:32 am

Thanks! And now I want to go home and watch 20 episodes to catch up ๐Ÿ˜‰
Christine @ BookishlyB recently posted..A Super Awesome Giveaway and Top Ten Tuesday

5 Hayley @ Running on Pumpkin December 11, 2012 at 10:29 am

I stopped watching Gossip Girl last season so I have no idea what’s going on. I read all the books though, even though they are nothing like the show! I always thought Gossip Girl was going to be one of the main characters that you would never guess. Like someone who talks about themselves a lot too so you think it’s not them. Who knows! I think I may have to tune into the last episode to find out even though I will be lost 99% of the time ๐Ÿ™‚

6 Angela December 12, 2012 at 2:40 am

I also grew up reading the books and was surprised that the show went so far off. Idk who Gossip Girl is but I sort of hope it’s not a main character.

7 Kathy December 11, 2012 at 10:32 am

I can’t even get past the thought of being in a strapless dress OUTSIDE right now!! Oh, I want to move to Florida!!! And to say its muggy???

Come to MN if you want to be cold and bundled up beyond recognition. ๐Ÿ˜‰

8 lisa fine December 11, 2012 at 10:54 am

Wow, I can’t imagine weather like that in December. I’m such a New England girl – last night we had a dusting of snow up here in Vermont. (Though sometimes I could use a little warmth in the dead of winter.)
lisa fine recently posted..a winter exercise plan

9 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 11, 2012 at 11:11 am

I haven’t watched Gossip Girl for several seasons but I may have to go back and watch just for the heck of it. But I too always saw Gossip Girl as an outside observer so it’ll be interesting to see who it is (or rather read on people’s blogs, I don’t mind spoilers on shows I don’t watch). haha! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Burpee Ab Shred

10 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats December 11, 2012 at 11:26 am

I’m glad you wrote spoiler alert in all caps! I quickly scrolled down! Haha haven’t watched it yet!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..A Charleston Wedding

11 Grace @ Grace Dishes December 11, 2012 at 11:48 am

Gossip Girl had me so nervous yesterday. UGH I can’t believe next week is the last episode EVER! I hope it all works out. It feels really rushed this season.

This weather does not feel like December at all! I miss the cold of November.

12 Becky @ Olives n Wine December 11, 2012 at 11:50 am

I wish I could have some of your muggy weather up here in Minneapolis! I have actually never watched Gossip Girl. Crazy, right?!? I think I might have to catch the first season soon!
Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted..Winter Morning Cures

13 Meghann December 11, 2012 at 11:55 am

All the seasons are on NetFlix, it’s a good one to watch if you’re ever home sick and just need some juicy tv to sink into.

14 Kristin December 11, 2012 at 11:56 am

Yes, I thought I was the only one who thought it has been muggy & humid the past several days. I came home sweating after doing an outside workout and was too overdressed. Florida weather is so weird. I think in the past month I’ve used the a/c, heat & had the windows open. My house is confused.
Kristin recently posted..Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights

15 Meghann December 11, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Mine is too!

16 Rachel December 11, 2012 at 12:13 pm

we’ve had copious amounts of rain. ugh. i’m over it. the temps have been holding steady around 50 which i will take – but some sunny skies would be nice.
Rachel recently posted..i made a chalkboard

17 Beth December 11, 2012 at 12:42 pm

I am also over the humidity right now. The half on Sunday was a mucky mess. Be thankful this wasn’t the year you ran it. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I used to watch GG way back in the day so I’ll just read your recap next week mkay? lol

Hoping it’s gorg for your big day.

xoxo,
GG

(Sorry, couldn’t resist.)
Beth recently posted..Tuesday Truths

18 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope December 11, 2012 at 1:01 pm

I can’t stand the whole Bart story line. It’s too much of it already. Part of me is sad that Gossip Girl is over but another part is happy because the storylines just haven’t been that great lately. I hope the finale is good!
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Funfetti Cake Truffles & Nutter Butter Truffles!โ€ฆ

19 Annette @FitnessPerks December 11, 2012 at 1:11 pm

It’s COLD here. If that helps?! ๐Ÿ˜‰

I hope it turns perf for your special day though!
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Holiday Gift Ideas (Fitness)

20 Peggy December 11, 2012 at 2:10 pm

I’ve never watched Gossip Girl, but after hearing all this, I may just have to pull it up on Netflix/Hulu…
Peggy recently posted..Caramelized Onion Quiche w/ Balsamic Glaze

21 Lynda @ Hit The Road Jane December 11, 2012 at 2:19 pm

I’ve read a lot of rumors saying it was Georgina Sparks which would make me so unhappy
Lynda @ Hit The Road Jane recently posted..Best Buy Holiday Gift Ideas for Tech Loving Runners & Fitness Enthusiasts

22 Meghann December 11, 2012 at 2:25 pm

But she was Gossip Girl when the original Gossip Girl disappeared and said she grew bored of the position before handing it off to Serena.

23 erinn davis December 11, 2012 at 2:20 pm

gossip girl!! i think it’s all going to be a book dan is writing, and next week he will be revealed and the book will end!

as for the weather – OMG it’s hot in tampa! ran the holiday halfathon last weekend and was crying for 10 degrees cooler.

24 Em December 11, 2012 at 2:43 pm

I’m so done with the Bart Bass plot line. I definitely think Dan is GG.
Em recently posted..Training With A Goal

25 Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper December 11, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Man, everybody is eating pears lately! Might have to hunt some down.
Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper recently posted..Links For All: 12/9/12

26 Allison December 11, 2012 at 8:46 pm

It just cooled off here in Tx. It’s been hot here too.
Allison recently posted..The Weekend, and Snow in Texas after an 80 degree day?

27 Kath December 11, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Dan as GG… Man I hadn’t even considered that! I always thought one of the moms for some reason…Lily? I used to think Georgina too and Serena, but they both took their turns, which kind of made me mad. I do think it’s someone we know well. I love the show and am so sad it’s ending, but I admit it is time. I think the Bart stuff is a bit unbelievable, but I’ve been happy with this season in general.

28 Sarahf December 12, 2012 at 4:42 am

I just finished season 4, so are you one season ahead? Bart comes back? Inneresting! I literally have no idea who gg is, but now people say it, Dan could be a good option….
Freezing here, but I love it!!
Sarahf recently posted..Late birthday and happy times

29 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats December 12, 2012 at 6:10 am

Oh GG, where do I start? I think this season is awful. And this recent episode was pretty bad. The music alone while Bart, Chuck and Blair were on the roof had me laughing at how cheesy and awful it really is. But I am excited to see the finale. I kinda think it is someone in the know, like Dan or maybe someone a little further off like Blair minion. I guess we will know soon enough!!
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Grey sky and a cute dog

30 Sara @ fitcupcaker December 12, 2012 at 8:14 am

I love scrambled eggs!
Sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..Drink Hot Chocolate!