Wine and Projects

by Meghann on December 7, 2012

Cheers!

Is it just me, or should every Friday night kick-off with a good glass of wine? πŸ˜‰

Derek’s grandparents were in town this evening, so we bought a bottle of wine and joined his parents and grandparents for dinner.

BBQ – Yum.

There were also macadamia nut cookies that went unpictured. πŸ˜‰

After dinner, we spent the evening working on some DIY wedding projects.

DIY projects are so much more fun when you have family to share them with. They gave us an excuse to hang out around the table and chat. The evening was full of laughter and smiles – just as every Friday night should be!

I’ll fill in more details re: the DIY projects on the wedding page next week. I’m really happy with the way they came out – just a couple of more things to mark off on the to-do list!

The couch (and DVR!) is calling my name for the rest of the evening. I have a serious amount of Hallmark Christmas movies to catch up on. πŸ˜‰

Good Night!

1 Ashley December 8, 2012 at 12:23 am

What an adorable pup!

2 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats December 8, 2012 at 8:58 am

I love ending the week with a glass of wine, too πŸ™‚

3 Sara @ fitcupcaker December 8, 2012 at 10:25 am

It was also me and the couch last night! I love watching Christmas movies!

4 Laura December 8, 2012 at 11:00 am

yay! i’m glad to see derrick’s family involved in the wedding too. it seems so much of your family helping out–I know they feel appreciated πŸ™‚ and yes, wine + family makes any craft or DIY much better!

5 Christine @ BookishlyB December 8, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Don’t just limit yourself to Friday- every night should be kicked off with good wine. The world would be a much happier place. Maybe a happier place filled with alcoholics and sleepy people, but still, a little happier.
Christine @ BookishlyB recently posted..For Fun

6 Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper December 9, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Argh, I wish I liked wine! I’ve been trying to acquire the taste for red wine, but I just can’t do it. White wine is good enough to me, but I still don’t like either enough to want to just kick back with a glass. I like the idea of it, though! πŸ˜›
Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper recently posted..Links For All: 12/9/12