Wedding: Bridesmaid Cardigans

by Meghann on December 6, 2012

Let’s see… last time we spoke – err – I blogged about the bridesmaid dresses, the girls had just received their navy bridesmaid dresses from J. Crew and were on the hunt for cowboy boots and gray cardigans to wear with their dresses.

Screen shot 2012-12-05 at 8.19.57 PM.png

The girls had no problems rounding up decently priced cowboy boots (three cheers for Target!), but did have some issues with the cardigans. Who knew finding the “right” gray cardigan would be such a challenge?

Personally, I didn’t care whether the cardigans matched or not. As long as they were all gray – I was a happy bride! The problem was finding gray cardigans that worked with the dresses. The “long and lean” style is really what’s in right now, but the “long and lean” cardigans were too much with the flowy silk chiffon dress and cowboy boots. The style of cardigan that looked best were the more form fitting 3/4 sleeves look. I found examples of the style that worked in other colors, but not gray.

Then, last weekend, I was out to dinner with three of the four bridesmaid, when my sister-in-law mentions a gray cardigan she saw at American Eagle that could work. She pulled up the link on her phone and showed us.

Screen shot 2012-12-05 at 1.05.53 PM.png

It was perfect. The color was labeled as “heather brown” but it had more of a gray look to it than a brown one. We all hustled over to American Eagle after dinner and all three girls tried it on and loved it. It was the “look” they were all going for and it was on sale – #winning. All three girls bought the cardigan, and we even picked one up for the fourth bridesmaid (Emily) on the way out.

Screen shot 2012-12-05 at 1.05.43 PM.png

Kelly tried the whole look (dress + cardigan + boots) at her place the next day and I LOVED it! It was exactly the vision I had in my head this whole time, finally complete and brought to life.

So the bridesmaids are officially all set. They have their dresses, they have their boots, and they have their cardigans. They are ready to go!

1 Ali December 6, 2012 at 12:32 pm

That is such a cute cardigan. I’m excited to see the bridesmaids look!
Ali recently posted..Exercising During Pregnancy

2 Liz December 6, 2012 at 12:50 pm

That is a very nice cardigan. I can’t wait to see everything all together. πŸ™‚
Liz recently posted..FD210 – Movie Night, Pizza, Popcorn & Quality Time

3 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats December 6, 2012 at 1:05 pm

I LOVE cardigans in general, and that one is very cute! I agree, the long and lean thing is very in right now, but it’s not super flattering on me, just not for my body type!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Thursday Thoughts

4 Kristy @ Kristy's Health Revolution December 6, 2012 at 1:17 pm

I can’t wait to see the full look! I think it’s going to look great!
Kristy @ Kristy’s Health Revolution recently posted..LiveFit Trainer: Week 4

5 Dana December 6, 2012 at 2:31 pm

Wow! I think that the dress + cardigan and boots will be cute. Can’t wait to see the final look altogether.
Dana recently posted..Just Like Me

6 Julianna @ Julianna Bananna December 6, 2012 at 2:42 pm

i can’t wait to see how the whole look comes together! πŸ™‚
Julianna @ Julianna Bananna recently posted..WIAW: 10th Week & My First Barbell Competition

7 Lindsay December 6, 2012 at 3:11 pm

I know your wedding is in January, but won’t it still be too warm for a cardigan AND cowboy boots? And why cover up those pretty dresses?

8 Meghann December 6, 2012 at 3:19 pm

It could be really warm, it could be really cold, or could be just perfect in between – we have no idea what the weather is going to be so we’re just planning with what we think/hope/pray it will be. I don’t think the cardigans cover up the dresses at all, I think they enhance them. πŸ™‚

9 Lindsay December 6, 2012 at 6:19 pm

To each her own, I suppose. πŸ™‚

10 Madeline @ Food Fitness and Family December 6, 2012 at 7:34 pm

I LOVE when things all come together the way you envision them!
Madeline @ Food Fitness and Family recently posted..Munchkin Meals

11 Cher @ Weddicted December 7, 2012 at 6:14 am

It feels great when things come together how you were hoping. My bridesmaids wore different dresses and cowboy boots. Seeing them all individually was one thing, but when I saw all three of them together, we were so happy! They looked great.
All the best with the rest of your planning.
Cher @ Weddicted recently posted..Bridesmaid gifts: Kate Spade spotlight