Wilted Spinach Salad

by Meghann on December 5, 2012

Ahhh!!! We’re only one month out!

OneMonthToGo.jpg

Head over to the wedding page for our one month check-in!

I’m trying not to let wedding stuff take over my life, but I did plan it so I would have a bit more free time this month to handle a lot of the wedding tasks I’ve been neglecting. I’m very thankful to have a job with a flexible schedule that allows me to do that. My travel schedule is clear from now until after the wedding (minus some visits home for dress fittings and Christmas) and I’m free up from major projects until after the new year. I’ve been planning this dedicated wedding break for a while and it finally feels good to be in it.

My apologies in advance if this blog becomes a little wedding-heavy in the next month. I’ll try to keep it to the dedicated wedding page, but some stuff will flood over. Just wanted to give you a heads up!

In other food-related news, I have a tasty salad to share with you!

I’ve been losing my taste for raw spinach, but wilted spinach still had a big place in my heart. This wilted spinach salad was perfect on this beautiful December not-so-chilly day.

I started in a hot pan with freshly chopped carrot slices and green beans. I let them cook in a little olive oil until the carrots were soft and slightly charred (charred carrots are the best) then I added the last two turkey meatballs leftover from last night’s dinner (crumbled). When the meat was warm, I added a generous amount of fresh spinach to the pan. The goal was to wilt the spinach and not overcook it, so I tossed it around until the spinach started to wilt on the ends.

Everything was dropped into a big bowl and topped with pecans and goat cheese.

It was really delicious. This dish could work with sausage too. The goat cheese sort of melted on the warm salad and created a semi-creamy dressing. Yum. πŸ™‚

I hung our first set of monogrammed towels last night.

IMG_4703.jpg

A towel-hanger I am not. What’s the secret to straight towels? Mine are always lopsided and look off? Also, I should point out that that’s the first time we’ve hung towels on that rack since I moved in a year and a half ago. Ha! Progress, right?

1 Lisa December 5, 2012 at 3:26 pm

Monogrammed towels are always nice, but I thought you were only hyphenating your last name?

2 Meghann December 5, 2012 at 4:35 pm

I am. These were a gift and I wanted to put them on display. πŸ™‚

3 Annette @FitnessPerks December 5, 2012 at 3:29 pm

We got a bazillion mongrammed towels & bags & such for some odd reason for our wedding. Kinda funny. Esp when some of ’em didn’t match what I had in mind for our colors … hah.
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Embrace The Holiday Season

4 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats December 5, 2012 at 3:31 pm

I can never get towels to hang straight either! Hope you are enjoying the final month of being engaged πŸ™‚
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..A Jimmy Fallon Christmas Carol

5 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats December 5, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Haha when I read the title to this post I thought it was wilted as in old spinach! Good thing your spinach is still fresh!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..WIAW–Rainbow Day

6 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 5, 2012 at 3:58 pm

I’m all for spinach salads – fresh or wilted! YUM!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..WIAW // Cranberry Sauce Bonanza!

7 Stacy December 5, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Yikes, Meghann!

I don’t know if you care, but it really is considered bad luck to use anything with a wedding related monogram before the wedding.

I know it’s silly, but just FYI
Stacy recently posted..Welcoming December

8 Meghann December 5, 2012 at 4:37 pm

ha! Never heard of that one – I was trying to put away all the shower gifts. Is it still bad luck if the bride isn’t changing her last name?

9 jane December 6, 2012 at 8:04 am

i agree, bad luck to put out monograms before the wedding, but you aren’t changing your name so i think it works πŸ™‚

10 Stacey December 5, 2012 at 4:41 pm

I iron my display/monogrammed towels to get nice even folds:)

11 Stacy December 5, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Hi Meghann,

Honestly, I have no idea!

I am getting married 6 months after you and made my fiance some wine glass charms with an E on them as an engagement present, and my mom was like “you better not use those on your glass until you get married!” So I do not. I guess if you are not taking his name, it can’t really be bad luck.
Stacy recently posted..Welcoming December

12 Stacy December 5, 2012 at 5:23 pm

PS—

On an unrelated note, you inspired me to do NROWLFW to shape up for my wedding. I am on stage 2 and loving it!
Stacy recently posted..Welcoming December

13 Tini December 5, 2012 at 9:56 pm

Is Derek doing a big pre-wedding workout plan? I’m interested in if he’s as motivated as you to get in tip top shape! (Just need advice for my own relationship!) Thanks!

14 Meghann December 6, 2012 at 10:14 am

He’s not doing one. He joked about wanting to, but never got started. πŸ™‚

15 Melissa December 6, 2012 at 9:25 am

oh PHOOEY on superstitions! I don’t believe in that bullsh*t, lol. Use those towels, girl πŸ™‚ That’s what they’re there for! πŸ™‚

16 Emily N December 6, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Everything that we did for the wedding was monogrammed. Our invitations were with my new initial. so obviously i used that before the wedding. I had to mail them out!
Emily N recently posted..Some REAL weightlifting?

17 Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper December 6, 2012 at 8:14 pm