We’re almost there! This is my LAST official monthly countdown update until the big day – only one more month to go!
Here’s what we’ve got…
- The venue
- A caterer
- The DJ
- Photo booth
- My dress
- My veil
- My “Somethings”
- Wedding jewelry
- Bridesmaid dresses
- Suits! (Number of groomsmen who have had them altered? ZERO grrr)
- A flower girl
- Flower girl dress
- The guest list
- A Wedding Website (here’s a tour of it!)
- Engagement photos
- The photographer
- Wedding registries
- Hotel room block
- The cake cutter (my parents)
- A cake plan
- A DIY flower plan (flowers have been pre-ordered!)
- Brother Jack
- First dance song
- Mother/Son song (keeping it a secret until the big day!)
- Hair person (same one that did my sister’s wedding)
- Make-up person (same one that did my sister and SIL’s wedding)
- Bachelor party cruise
- Toasting flutes
- My wedding band
- Videographer (connected with a friend who agreed to do it 🙂 )
- Cake topper (after Fido turned our first one into a chew toy, I’ve reordered another one)
- Officiant (my uncle will be stepping in)
- RSVPs (still following up on missing ones!
- Bridal shape-up plan
- cowgirl boots + cardigans for bridesmaids (all the girls have what they need!)
- Derek’s wedding band
- Location for rehearsal dinner
- To book the honeymoon
- Songs for: ceremony, introductions, father/daughter dance (keeping a secret 😉 )
- Gifts for parents (shipped yesterday!)
- Bachelorette Weekend
- Bridal Shower
- I Spy photo game for tables (still need to be printed)
Stuff currently “in the works”
- Something for the flower girl to carry <– we had one… then Fido ate it. 🙁
- Bridesmaids gifts <– 1/2 of the gifts are here, other 1/2 have been ordered!
- Groomsmen gifts (tie + ?)
- Ceremony script <– working on this
- Decorations <– making progress
- Chair rentals <– emailed venue w/ question before I order
- Day-of timeline <– spoke w/ the photographer today and have a rough draft ready
- Centerpieces <– we have an idea of what we want
- Dessert bar <– cookies were ordered, working on asking friends/family for other contributions
- Alcohol <– Dad and Uncle bought the majority of it yesterday. They had way too much fun with that particular responsibility. 😉
- Favor bags <– ordered the supplies!
- Dress alterations < — dropped the dress off over Thanksgiving! First fitting should be next week.
And here’s what we still need:
- Program (chalkboard)
- Creative seating chart
- Table numbers (help – what should we do?!)
- Navy shoes
- Marriage license
- Reserve shuttle service between hotel and wedding site
- Purchase s’mores ingredients
- Hotel welcome bags
- Create sign for hot chocolate/s’mores station
Man, did those last 11 months fly by. Are we really only one month out? It doesn’t feel like it. Probably because we still have SO MUCH stuff to do! A lot of the big items are out of the way, but the tiny details are still there. I felt great about just about everything… until our walkthrough last Friday. It was then, when I was casually naming all of the things we need to do for “this” or “that” that it hit me how much work is still ahead of us.
Luckily I have an awesome team of supporters and helpers who have really stepped up and taken a lot of weight off of my shoulders. My aunt is AMAZING. There’s no way I could have done any of this without her. She is so creative, organized, and helping with so much. I owe her BIG time when all is said and done.
Derek has really stepped up, too. He was eager to help with any of the tasks that needed to be completed when we were in Titusville over Thanksgiving and has taken over some of the “non-creative tasks” as he puts it, like booking the shuttle or handling the RSVP list.
The “wedding room”, as it is now referred to at my parents’ house, is overflowing with wedding stuff. There are mason jars, burlap, snowflake lights, etc. etc. I can’t believe how much wedding “stuff” one can collect! What do we do with it when it’s all done? Sell it? Donate it to the venue? My parents already said they don’t plan to store any of it there. 😉
We’re definitely down to the wire, but I have faith everything will come together on the day. And if it doesn’t? Who cares! I’m marrying the man of my dreams – that’s the important part anyway. 🙂
Any last minute tips for a bride who is a month out?