Feels good to be home!

by Meghann on December 3, 2012

After 12 days of living out of a suitcase, it felt soooo good to walk through my own front door this morning. So so so good.

Especially since I got to see this silly guy

b7c2bb703db011e2b6c722000a9d0edd_7.jpg

And this serious girl

20121203_201806.jpg

(I promise she was excited to see me, too. This was taken right after our extended walk/ playtime in the park.)

I really missed these two. It got pretty lonely on the road last week and all I wanted to do was snuggle with my two favorites. I’m not sure I could have last any longer without them!

Ashley had a super early flight out of Orlando this morning so we stayed at my parents’ last night and watched embarrassing home movies while eating burgers and catching up on blogs.

This morning we were up well before the sun and out the door in record time. My dad made us egg sandwiches for the road (I love my dad) and filled our coffee cups with the good stuff. Since the airport was on the way to Tampa, it was super convenient to drop Ashley off early on my way home – bonus for no traffic! Woo hoo! We said our goodbyes (I’m going to miss her. sniff.) and I was back in Tampa before Derek even left for the office. #winning

Coming home was awesome, but dealing with 1.5 weeks of laundry and a missed week’s worth of emails? Eh. I could take it or leave it. 😉 I sort of just dropped my bags in the doorway and got straight to work on my laptop. (The laundry shall be tackled later. Much, much later).

I took a break for a much-needed grocery run that included lots and lots of fresh veggies for lunch.

20121203_121636.jpg

Oh, how I needed a big bowl of greens! This bowl was full of spinach, chicken sausage, goat cheese, fresh orange segments, walnuts, green beans, and carrot slices. It was exactly what I needed after a carb and sweet heavy (but delicious!) weekend of celebrating.

20121203_121638.jpg

For an afternoon snack, I had some apple slices, almond butter, and cheese slices.

20121203_153847.jpg

Yum. Yum. Yum.

Dinner was kept super simple. Derek and I had some wedding-related tasks to take care of and I favored spending time hanging out with him over spending time in the kitchen. 🙂

Publix had some ready-to-cook stuffed pork tenderloin, where all I had to do is turn the oven on and bake them at 350 for 30 minutes (didn’t even need to dirty a pan!). I paired the stuffed pork with steam-in-a-bag broccoli and called it dinner.

20121203_193122.jpg

The pork was actually really delicious. It was a bit cheesier than I was expecting, but still very, very good. I would buy it again in a heartbeat. 🙂

I had a piece of chocolate for dessert.

20121203_194226.jpg

Look what I found at the store last week.

20121203_205750.jpg

Why is holiday tea so darn good?! I should have bought a couple of more boxes to keep myself stocked all year!

I felt very blah all day today. I’m so ready to get back in my regular routine of eating good, working out, and feeling good. I’ll be heading to CrossFit in the morning for my first WOD in almost two weeks and I can’t wait to jump back into it. The best cure to an indulgent weekend is to act like it didn’t happen and pick up right where you left off. That’s exactly what I plan to do!

Good night!

1 runinboise December 3, 2012 at 11:26 pm

My BFF does stock up on that tea for all year. He really loves it.
runinboise recently posted..Week In Review – Week 1 – 50K Training

2 [email protected] December 3, 2012 at 11:35 pm

I love goat cheese in my salads! Yum! 🙂
[email protected] recently posted..Cougars, Dolphins, and Justin Beaver

3 TorontoRunner December 4, 2012 at 2:03 am

It’s nice to be away sometimes, but I’m glad you’re home!
TorontoRunner recently posted..A bit of redemption

4 Charlie (therunnerbeans) December 4, 2012 at 3:52 am

Good luck at Crossfit!!

5 Liz December 4, 2012 at 5:02 am

I would love to try that eggnog tea. I bet it is nice to have some home cooked food. 🙂
Liz recently posted..FD208 – Superman Sighting in Bali…I Saw Him…Really!

6 ash bear December 4, 2012 at 7:37 am

Let me tell you, after 1 day of salads and 2 kick ass workouts I feel amazing! You’ll feel great by tonight! 🙂 If your Crossfit workout doesn’t have a lot of cardio today maybe add a quick 5k later today just to get your heart pumping in a dif way!

7 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats December 4, 2012 at 8:31 am

I bought a couple seasonal teas as well, but I didn’t see eggnog! That sounds amazing!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..The Sweet Life In Paris–Book Review

8 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 4, 2012 at 8:46 am

I’m LOVING the seasonal teas but I want them ALL!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Enthusiast Gift List

9 NYC Fit GIrl December 4, 2012 at 8:55 am

Glad you where able to spend some time with Derek and Maddie!
NYC Fit GIrl recently posted..Prepping for the Week!

10 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats December 4, 2012 at 9:06 am

whenever I return home from travelling all I want to do is eat massive amounts of raw veggies. No matter how hard I try, eating on the road is never the same as home. Did you find the tea at Publix? I would love to try some eggnog tea!
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..A Royal Baby

11 Meghann December 4, 2012 at 9:33 am

I found it at Whole Foods.

12 Natalie @ Free Range Human December 4, 2012 at 9:16 am

That tea looks right up my alley! I need to find some of that!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..A Marvelous Birthday

13 Melissa @TryingtoHeal December 4, 2012 at 9:48 am

I saw that tea yesterday at the store with my Mom and definitely snagged it up.

Have fun at CrossFit!
Melissa @TryingtoHeal recently posted..Raptors

14 Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper December 4, 2012 at 10:55 pm

Yeah, I definitely need to get on this holiday tea bandwagon.
Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper recently posted..Decemburpees