Fido the Reindeer

by Meghann on November 30, 2012

I’m not sure Fido appreciates all this Christmas business.

IMG_4395.JPG IMG_4396.JPG IMG_4398.JPGIMG_4393.JPG IMG_4394.JPG

awww… poor guy.

Don’t feel too bad for him. The antlers stayed on for approximately two seconds (just long enough for the “you’ve got to be kidding me face”) before he threw them off and collected his treat for staying still like a good boy.

I think Maddie should give him some lesson on antler wearing.

IMG_0237.jpg

(Photo from December 2010!)

Some dogs can’t stand things on their head, while other dogs don’t mind at all. Fido couldn’t stand it, but Maddie usually doesn’t care. I put the antlers on her head last time we were home and she walked around with them on like nothing was wrong. She’s also good with costumes.

(photo also from December 2010)

But getting her to stand still with the antlers/costume on and pose? That’s the real challenge. πŸ˜‰

Would your dog wear the antlers?

I crashed hard last night and slept like a baby. Since we’re doing the half marathon in the morning, I decided to sleep in and enjoy some extra zzz’s. It was wonderful.

Breakfast

Two eggs and apple slices with almond butter.

I have some paperwork to finish up from the demos this week (and emails to catch up on – I’m sorry I’m behind on those!), then my mom and I are running a couple of wedding errands before picking Ashley (!!) up from the airport!!!

The bachelorette fun begins tonight!! Yippee!!

1 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats November 30, 2012 at 9:43 am

Haha I was just emailing back and forth with my sister-in-law about getting their 1 year old golden retriever to wear a santa hat for a christmas photo! We’re going to attempt it, but she’s not one for costumes…

2 NYC Fit GIrl November 30, 2012 at 9:59 am

Happy Bachalarette weekend!! YAYA!!!!
NYC Fit GIrl recently posted..when life gets in the way

3 Beth November 30, 2012 at 9:59 am

GL tomorrow at the half. πŸ™‚ (Lloyd would wear them but not be thrilled about it.)
Beth recently posted..Fo shizzle dizzle

4 Liz November 30, 2012 at 10:02 am

That is too funny. I think my dog would probably wear them. She is very laid back. πŸ™‚
Liz recently posted..FD204 – Daily Routines & Returning to Work Ain’t Easy

5 Army Amy* November 30, 2012 at 10:22 am

My dog abhors all forms of clothes! It is such a shame because I have some really cute doggles that I’m always trying to get him to wear. If I’m lucky, they last 10 minutes before he paws them off his face. Since I can’t play dress up with my dog, I settle for giving him a lion haircut once a year. My husband hates it (my dog is a 70 pound ball of fur, and looks ridiculous with his hair like that) but I love it!*

6 Brittany @Berries and Barbells November 30, 2012 at 10:36 am

Good luck in the race tomorrow and have a great Bachelorette weekend!
Brittany @Berries and Barbells recently posted..My Big Bro’s Santa Barbara Marathon Race Recap

7 Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed November 30, 2012 at 10:43 am

My dog is not a fan, but we do have some cute PJs I’m going to torture her with soon πŸ˜€

Have fun!!!!
Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed recently posted..Burn off the Bird 5K Recap

8 Natalie @ Free Range Human November 30, 2012 at 10:44 am

My dog would never stand the reindeer antlers. He would freak! Have so much fun this weekend πŸ™‚
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..View of the World

9 Rachel (Two Healthy Plates) November 30, 2012 at 10:49 am

Awww maddie looks so cute since you can’t see her ears when she wears them =) My dog would definitely not where antlers =( he does have a Santa coat that I got him after Christmas for a $1 one year though
Rachel (Two Healthy Plates) recently posted..Link me up before you go go – 11.30.12

10 Anne @strawberryjampackedlife November 30, 2012 at 11:12 am

April doesn’t really like the antlers. I have a similar “What the hell are you doing?” picture.
Anne @strawberryjampackedlife recently posted..Wreathing

11 Allison November 30, 2012 at 11:16 am

Have fun chicka!
Allison recently posted..Friday confessions

12 Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner November 30, 2012 at 11:40 am

I bought a pair of antlers from Target for my cat Artemis. He doesn’t like them at all, but I’m hoping I can snag one quick picture of him for Christmas!
Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner recently posted..Food Bump?

13 Jean November 30, 2012 at 11:57 am

Haha, none of my family’s dogs have EVER been costume dogs, unfortunately. It’s tragic-don’t they know how cute they look?!
Jean recently posted..My Frosty Face

14 Annette @FitnessPerks November 30, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Love the cute holiday photo!
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Random Tidbits of News

15 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats November 30, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Ha my old dog would tolerate any costume/headgear/etc. So cute. Have fun tonight!
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Festive Friday

16 TorontoRunner November 30, 2012 at 4:15 pm

hahah Fido looks a littleeee bit annoyed as a reindeer. how cute πŸ˜€
Have a lovely weekend!
TorontoRunner recently posted..My Happy Weight

17 Madison @ Pilates Makes You Happy November 30, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Fido looks hilarious!
Madison @ Pilates Makes You Happy recently posted..Things That REALLY Irritate Me.

18 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 30, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Too bad Fido’s not feeling the antlers, he looks so CUTE!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday & A Month of Being Thankful!

19 Christine @ BookishlyB November 30, 2012 at 8:44 pm

My Golden would wear them and my lab would eat them.

Have fun! Get super drunk and dance on tables!
Christine @ BookishlyB recently posted..NaNoWriMo Recap

20 Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper December 2, 2012 at 10:55 am

Oh, that center photo of Fido needs to be on a Christmas card or something. It’s too good! I think we tried putting reindeer antlers on my dog once, but he just whipped his head around and flung them off.
Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper recently posted..Decemburpees