more ยป" />

Done

by Meghann on November 30, 2012

Done! My demo tour of South Florida is complete. Whoop! Whoop!

I have a new favorite Whole Foods Market – the Boca Raton location.

20121129_130253.jpg

Not only is it a gorgeous store, but the prepared foods section stretches on for miles. The aisles are also nice and wide, and the customers are so friendly and approachable!

20121129_124040.jpg

I set a new record high for number of samples distributed and sold out of all the store’s inventory of the Buckwheat and Hemp cereal. Such a great start to my last day of demos!

Another perk – this was stationed not too far from my table.

20121129_120134.jpg

Dark. Fudge. Peppermint. Kettlecorn. Buy this. Now. Trust me.

Lunch came from assorted hot and cold bars around the store.

20121129_134840.jpg

• Top Left: Potatoes: cold salad bar
  • Top Right: BBQ Pork: smoked meat bar
  • Bottom: Salad: Asian food bar

All together – a complete meal. ๐Ÿ™‚

There was a Jamba Juice within walking distance of the Whole Foods. As soon as I saw it, I knew a Pumpkin Smash was in my future.

20121129_152826.jpg 20121129_152829.jpg

Quite possibly the best smoothie flavor of all times. ๐Ÿ˜‰

My last stop on my Whole Foods Market demo tour was the Ft. Lauderdale store.

20121129_161817.jpg

This location had a different vibe than the other stores. There was something about the lighting that was off. A lot of the WFMs I’ve visited this trip have had dimmer lighting, this location seemed very bright and lit up – like Publix usually is. A weird thing to notice, but I noticed it.

20121129_181155.jpg

And just like that, the demo was over and I was done for the week.

I hopped straight in the car and headed north to my parents’ house for the night (a 3 hr drive). I stopped at Publix for a sub on the way (I had to remind Publix that I love their stores too ๐Ÿ˜‰ ) and Starbucks for coffee. I made it to their house safe and sound, and ready for bed.

Yawn.

Good night!

1 Rachel F November 30, 2012 at 12:11 am

Isn’t Boca’s store the best?! It’s my hometown, and whenever I visit my parents, I love going there.

2 pluvk November 30, 2012 at 3:34 am

I agree! Pumpkin smash is so good. It’s definitely one of my favorite things to look forward to during the Holidays!

3 NYC Fit GIrl November 30, 2012 at 7:05 am

Anything Pumpkin is the best! YUM!!!
NYC Fit GIrl recently posted..when life gets in the way

4 TorontoRunner November 30, 2012 at 7:13 am

Wow! Great job with the record high!
I’m also heading home to my parents house today ๐Ÿ˜€
Have a lovely Friday.
TorontoRunner recently posted..My Happy Weight

5 Steph @321delish November 30, 2012 at 7:44 am

What a week lady! I can’t wait til you’re back in Tampa!!

Did that store really have a smoked meat bar? what else was on it??
Steph @321delish recently posted..The Ultimate Thanksgiving Leftover Sandwich

6 Steph November 30, 2012 at 8:44 am

Yum! Was the pork any good? I haven’t tried the smoked meats at the store in Carrollwood yet!
Steph recently posted..Zombie training

7 Rachel (Two Healthy Plates) November 30, 2012 at 8:55 am

I saw someone post about that popcorn on another blog – now I HAVE to find some!
Rachel (Two Healthy Plates) recently posted..Link me up before you go go โ€“ 11.30.12

8 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats November 30, 2012 at 9:01 am

Haha I think I’d also notice weird things about WF stores if I’d been working in 8 in just 4 days! My favorite WF is the big one here in Chicago, it’s got a wine bar, a regular beer/coffee bar, and hot bars for days! Plus mini restaurants for sandwiches, BBQ, Mexican, Italian (including gelato), and Asian. I think there’s another but I can’t remember… Either way, it’s so much fun! Haha gotta love whole foods.
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..My Christmas List

9 Kelly November 30, 2012 at 12:34 pm

You missed the diner. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Yes, I love that store too. I haven’t been to their flagship store so I am sure that one would take the cake, but yeah…the Lincoln Park Whole Foods is amazing. And I know people who aren’t obsessed with grocery stores like I am that think so too.

I do think grocery shopping is even more fun when you have a glass of wine in your hand. And little known fact, for a better deal they will actually allow you to buy a bottle of wine that they open for you and give you a glass to drink and allow you to take the rest home. I love it because you get the experience of drinking your wine in a restaurant-like setting but without the high mark up that comes with restaurant wine.
Kelly recently posted..Spicy additions to your holiday cheese board

10 Natalie @ Free Range Human November 30, 2012 at 9:19 am

I bought a bag of that popcorn this week, and my husband finished it about two hours after I got home from the store!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..View of the World

11 Emily N November 30, 2012 at 9:23 am

Great work this week! I bet being home will be nice.
Emily N recently posted..A Quick Adjustment – No Go.

12 Lindsey @ Chick Flick Chic November 30, 2012 at 9:54 am

I’ve loved reading these recaps of your South Florida travels! I travel in FL for work all the time and am always seeking out a Whole Foods for lunch on the go! I found myself saying “hey! Ive been there!” at every post. Enjoy your weekend!

13 Stephanie November 30, 2012 at 10:57 am

Ohh I know what locations you went to. I don’t shop there often, but now I will be on the hunt for that kettle corn!
Stephanie recently posted..Creamy Chipotle Chicken

14 Cathy November 30, 2012 at 2:57 pm

Why did they have you travel so much? Wouldn’t it have been easier to start at South beach and work your way north?

15 Xiomara @ parkesdale November 30, 2012 at 4:37 pm

Funny to see that the Boca Raton was your favorite location. We lived within walking distance from that store about 5 years ago before moving to Plant City. While I was on maternity leave, I would walk there almost daily for my exercise to get rid of the baby weight. When the store open it was half its current size, but it quickly expanded. I believe that’s a flagship store. I can’t say I don’t miss it sometimes. ๐Ÿ™‚
Xiomara @ parkesdale recently posted..Where did you shop on Small Business Saturday?

16 Camile November 30, 2012 at 10:13 pm

That makes sense about the Boca store. Boca is one of the richest little cities around and there are plenty of rich women with nothing to do all day (I’m stereotyping, but it’s mostly true). Glad you enjoyed your time in my neck of the woods!