Me Gusta La Playa

by Meghann on November 29, 2012

Now THIS is a view worth running for.

20121129_071702.jpg

Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

My hotel is exactly 1.23 miles from the beach. You know you’re a runner when you can tell any given person exactly how far something is from you, especially if you pass it regularly on your runs. Like the Publix that isn’t just “a couple of miles” from the house, but actually 1.25 miles or the park that’s “down the street” or exactly 0.7 miles away. #NumbersNerd

Anyway, when I saw how close the beach was, I knew I had to incorporate it on my run. It was quiet when I arrived, just a few runners/walkers in the sand and a lonely kite surfer out in the waves.

20121129_072357.jpg

The sand was loose and thick, so it wasn’t the easiest to run on. I made it a quarter mile out before having to turn back around. The total half a mile of sand was enough to say that I did it without completely wearing me out in the process.

20121129_071716.jpg

Hello, wind.

20121129_071710.jpg

I love the beach. I wish I lived close enough to run on the beach (even for half a mile) everyday. πŸ™‚

The run to the beach, on the beach, and back from the beach brought my total mileage to 3 miles for the day. Honestly, I’m so worn out from being on my feet and traveling the last three days, I’ll take those 3 miles with a smile.

I consulted my Yelp app for a good breakfast spot after my run and headed to Saquella Cafe.

20121129_075943.jpg

The coffee shop/bakery came highly recommended thanks to their tasty pastries and specialty coffee drinks. I brought my laptop and was seated inside near the espresso bar.

20121129_085034.jpg

I started with an extra foamy cappuccino. It was rich, creamy, and extra delicious.

20121129_081100.jpg

I really wanted some sort of yogurt parfait for breakfast and was thrilled when I spotted one on the menu. The “Healthy Treat” came with plain yogurt, homemade granola, and fresh fruit.

20121129_081732.jpg

Check out all the fresh fruit! LOVED the kiwi and pineapple! I also appreciated the option of plain yogurt instead of the vanilla that’s usually offered in parfaits. This bowl was exactly what I was craving and totally hit the spot.

Today is my last day of demos! Woo hoo! Tonight I’m heading back to my parents’ place, then the bachelorette fun starts FRIDAY in Orlando! Can’t wait!

Have a great Thursday everyone!

1 lisa fine / vermont vittles November 29, 2012 at 10:10 am

Wow, Lady – you are busy! Can’t believe you have your bachelorette party stuff going on this weekend after so much traveling.

I’m definitely more of a mountain girl than a beach girl, but the beach sure is beautiful.
lisa fine / vermont vittles recently posted..winter csa share, box one

2 [email protected] November 29, 2012 at 10:18 am

That bottom healthy plate looks amazing! Yum! Wish I could get that around here
[email protected] recently posted..What’s in the Box?

3 TorontoRunner November 29, 2012 at 10:21 am

Absolutely gorgeous view! I’m stuck with my city view, which is great since I love the big city…but a change is always nice!
Hope your last demo goes well πŸ˜€
TorontoRunner recently posted..Let’s excessively use the word *love*.

4 Christine @ BookishlyB November 29, 2012 at 10:23 am

I appreciate it when “fresh fruit” means more than cantelope and a few grapes!

5 Meghann November 29, 2012 at 2:14 pm

Totally agree! That’s why I always ask what they’re “fresh fruit” is before I order.

6 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats November 29, 2012 at 10:30 am

Ooo that is some great fruit! I guess you get that living in FL, huh? And I’ve tried running on the beach before but it’s exhausting!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Thursday Thoughts

7 Amanda @ Eat More Rabbit Food November 29, 2012 at 10:31 am

It is so cold here that just thinking about running on the beach seems like a dream! That parfait looks great!
Amanda @ Eat More Rabbit Food recently posted..Girl Meets World

8 Rachel (Two Healthy Plates) November 29, 2012 at 11:14 am

I could use a run on the beach right about now – beautiful!
Rachel (Two Healthy Plates) recently posted..Midweek Motivation – 11.28.12

9 Amanda November 29, 2012 at 11:40 am

That beach run looks amazing! And warm. So Jealous!
Amanda recently posted..Thursday Things

10 natalie @ will jog for food November 29, 2012 at 12:10 pm

I lived on the beach a few years and never ran ON it, haha, i’m too much of a wimp!

Love when they include pineapple in the fruit cup, sooo good πŸ™‚
natalie @ will jog for food recently posted..Week 21 Pregnancy Update

11 Annette @FitnessPerks November 29, 2012 at 12:12 pm

That is a beauty of a view!

12 Bethany @ Accidental Intentions November 29, 2012 at 1:27 pm

What a beautiful view! I totally do the same thing with locations/mile markers haha. Sometimes I take the bus to my apartment and whenever happen to go by parts of my normal running route I’ll be all, “Welp, two miles from home…1.5 miles from home…1 mile from home…” hahaha.
Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted..Thursday Things

13 Natalie @ Free Range Human November 29, 2012 at 1:32 pm

What a beautiful view to start the day with!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Tea and Crumpets

14 Brittany @Berries and Barbells November 29, 2012 at 2:37 pm

What a gorgeous view! It would be a welcomed change from my snowy mountains right about now. πŸ™‚
Brittany @Berries and Barbells recently posted..Our Big Adventure

15 Meghan @ After the Ivy League November 29, 2012 at 2:44 pm

So jealous of you running on the beach in a tank top! I have a 5K this weekend, and I’ll be wearing pants, probably 2 long sleeve tops, gloves, and a hat! It’s fa-reezing up here lately!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Thankful Thursday: I’m Thankful for Cookies

16 Lauren November 29, 2012 at 2:48 pm

I’m highly jealous of the fact that you are running in a tank on the beach with Christmas only weeks away! πŸ™‚
Lauren recently posted..The Season for Soup

17 Stephie November 29, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Oooo that fruit looks so fresh and delicious! Jealous of the beautiful views!!
Stephie recently posted..Beginning of a new week!

18 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats November 29, 2012 at 2:57 pm

Beach running is sooooo hard! We ran 1 mile on the sand everyday during our beach week this summer and it was the hardest mile of my life. But the views are totally worth it πŸ™‚
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..A stick of brussels sprouts

19 [email protected] November 29, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Breakfast looks gooooood. Love all the extra fruit! YUM!
[email protected] recently posted..Gifted ~5 Under $25~

20 Jean November 29, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Wait, are you wearing your headphones up your back (if that makes sense)? I can’t imagine mine staying in if I tried it like that!
Jean recently posted..Ditching the Hag Look and a Poorly Thought-out List on New York

21 Beka @ rebecca roams November 29, 2012 at 7:44 pm

I always ask the server what makes up their “fresh fruit” so that I don’t get all mushy canteloupe or all of one fruit. I love a variety like what you got! πŸ™‚
Pretty beach!!
Beka @ rebecca roams recently posted..#HOLIDAYADAY Photo Challenge

22 Courtney November 29, 2012 at 7:56 pm

You are making me miss the ocean something fierce girl!
Courtney recently posted..Supplements, Strength and Waffles

23 Jill November 29, 2012 at 8:46 pm

Wow, that first picture is absolutely gorgeous! What a view!
Jill recently posted..Turning Pics to Video with Animoto

24 Liz November 30, 2012 at 12:34 am

I think my previous comment went to spam. I love the beach photos. They are so beautiful. πŸ™‚ What camera did you use?
Liz recently posted..FD204 – Bali Temple Ceremony for the Ancestors

25 Charlie (The Runner Beans) November 30, 2012 at 5:54 am

The beach looks gorgeous. I’d love to live by the beach at some point, or at least near the water somewhere!
Charlie (The Runner Beans) recently posted..THE BIG BREAKFAST CHALLENGE

26 Emily N November 30, 2012 at 10:10 am

Wow, does it seem unreal that it is bachelorette weekend already?
Emily N recently posted..#StripAtNight – ready to go!