more ยป" />

Demo Girl

by Meghann on November 28, 2012

Three days of demos down – one more to go!

Store #1 today: Whole Foods Market Wellington

20121128_093740.jpg

LOVED this Whole Foods, it was big, bright, and beautiful inside. The store definitely had that paradise/Florida vibe to it.

20121128_094143.jpg

Unfortunately this location was completely out of stock of the Buckwheat and Hemp I’m promoting this week. There was an ordering error that left a black hole on the shelf where the product should have been.

No big deal, I selected two other cereals to demo and got to work.

Lunch: hot foods bar.

20121128_140522.jpg

The extra-large hot foods bar pulled in in at this store. Loved the swedish meatball.

I took a mini-nap in my car between demos (best. idea. ever.) then headed to Whole Foods Market Palm Beach Gardens for demo #2 of the day.

20121128_160100.jpg

This Whole Foods was attached to a mall and a little on the smaller side (though the produce section was a pretty decent size).

20121128_163756.jpg

There was a good amount of traffic at this store. I met a lot of moms who were looking for new cereal options for their kids. I also made friends with the rep demoing Joe’s Oat Patties a few aisles down from me. I’d seen the packaging for Joe’s in the store before, but had never tried it before. She gave me a sample of their black bean based patty and it wasn’t bad. A little on the spicy side, but the flavor was good. ๐Ÿ™‚

I closed up shop at 7:00 and consulted my Yelp app for another dinner option besides the Whole Foods Hot Bar. Christopher’s Kitchen pulled up in the top three results. It was listed as a vegan/ raw restaurant and came highly recommended, bonus points that it was less than a mile away.

20121128_193728.jpg

I started dinner with a well deserved glass of wine.

20121128_190043.jpg

Wine never tasted so good.

I asked the server what she recommended and the Santa Barbara Salad was at the top of her list with arugula, romaine, dates re pepper, beets, tomato, avocado, almond, and orange poppy seed dressing.

20121128_190907.jpg

The salad had large dates that threw me off at first. I love chopped dates, but whole dates are a bit much, I could have lived without them. Besides that, I thought the salad was light, fresh, and pretty tasty.

I ordered a scoop of their coconut-based vanilla ice cream for dessert.

20121128_192820.jpg

It was very coconutty and rich. Totally hit the spot.

I’m now in my third hotel room in three days. Tomorrow’s my last day of demos; this has been a fun week, but also an exhausting one. I’m wiped and ready for bed.

Good night!

1 Stephanie November 28, 2012 at 10:33 pm

You did deserve that glass of wine! I think I would be exhausted if I had a schedule like yours this week! You deserve a sleep-in day this week to reward yourself from all the traveling.
Stephanie recently posted..Chocolate dipped Oreos are divine!

2 Jean November 28, 2012 at 11:33 pm

My idea of “a scoop of ice cream” is totally skewed in the “disgustingly huge” direction, but I got kind of sad for a second when I saw the tiny scoop they gave you! I’m sure it was delicious, though.
Jean recently posted..Ditching the Hag Look and a Poorly Thought-out List on New York

3 Meghann November 29, 2012 at 2:18 pm

I was a little sad too, but it was really rich, so a little scoop was just enough. ๐Ÿ™‚

4 TorontoRunner November 29, 2012 at 5:34 am

You’ve been super busy!dinner looks fantastic!

I have a thing about hotels, I kinda love them and checking out what goes on. haha!
TorontoRunner recently posted..Let’s excessively use the word *love*.

5 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope November 29, 2012 at 7:07 am

You’ve had a long week. It sounds like fun though! ๐Ÿ™‚ That restaurant looks pretty cool! Love the salad!
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..My End Of November Favorites!โ€ฆ

6 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile November 29, 2012 at 8:00 am

Those are both my Whole Foods! I live right in between there, so I go to both ๐Ÿ˜€
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..What I Ate

7 NYC Fit GIrl November 29, 2012 at 8:19 am

Sounds like a long but fun week!
NYC Fit GIrl recently posted..Feeling Normal

8 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats November 29, 2012 at 8:35 am

Haha I would be exhausted too, that’s a lot of demos! Have fun today!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Thursday Thoughts

9 Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper November 29, 2012 at 8:41 am

Demos = perfect excuse to eat at the WF hot bar. I would eat that every day if I could!
Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper recently posted..The First โ€œWhat I Ate Wednesdayโ€

10 Emily N November 29, 2012 at 8:43 am

Congrats on all of the great work over the last few days!
Emily N recently posted..Maybe I SHOULD have Stayed in Bed!

11 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats November 29, 2012 at 8:56 am

I used to do demos and they are exhausting! I don’t know what it is about them but I always end the day with zero energy left. At least you are in the home stretch now!
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..A stick of brussels sprouts

12 Meghann November 29, 2012 at 2:16 pm

I think it’s all the talking and smiling. All our energy is put towards being a good demo host. ๐Ÿ™‚

13 rebecca @ blueberry smiles November 29, 2012 at 9:44 am

Very cool and exhausting-sounding last few days!! It’s really neat to see the differences in the sizes and styles of the various stores. I love checking out new WFs because there’s always something new….And I never thought I could ever get sick of Whole Foods, but I think I might if I spent as much time as you had in them for days straight ๐Ÿ™‚

14 Claire November 29, 2012 at 11:02 am

That salad looks delicious! It’s great that you had the option to take a nap this afternoon. I am wondering if you are so exhausted from two 3-hour shifts of handing out cereal for a couple days because you are used to working from home on your blog? I’m only asking because you’ve been working the same amount of hours, if not fewer, than most people who work full-time jobs and commute. I know that after even taking a vacation for only a week, my first few days back at work are especially excruciating!

15 Meghann November 29, 2012 at 2:14 pm

It’s been a long month for work, not just the last couple of days. I’ve been traveling a lot and haven’t been home much this month. I’m also trying to keep up with my regular job stuff (I do other freelance projects outside of just keeping up with the blog) while working the cereal shifts, driving to and from them, and keeping up with the paperwork that goes with the cereal shifts each day. I know two 3-hour shifts doesn’t sound like a lot, but when you add that on top of my regular responsibilities, it adds up. ๐Ÿ™‚

16 LizForADay November 30, 2012 at 3:10 am

Your food choice are so inspiring because I eat so badly. ๐Ÿ™‚

17 Caitlin December 2, 2012 at 8:45 pm

I love the PBG Whole Foods but my favorite in FL is in Orlando – there’s a bar! Will you be in the area at all between Christmas Eve and New Year’s?
Caitlin recently posted..Fashion Black Friday 2012