Miami Demo World Tour

by Meghann on November 26, 2012

Oy. What a day. Put a fork in me… I’m done.

20121126_202210.jpg

I’m in South Florida this week demoing Attune Food’s Erewhon Buckwheat & Hemp cereal at various Whole Foods Market locations around the area. Over the next four days, I’ll be covering two Whole Foods Markets a day and handing out cereal samples for three hours at a time at each location. When we were coordinating the demos earlier this month, we jokingly referred to the trip as the “Miami Demo World Tour” which is really what it is. When all is said and done I’ll have covered 200 miles of Miami-Dade/ Broward County.

Screen shot 2012-11-26 at 10.00.29 PM.png

My first demo started this morning at the Plantation Whole Foods Market.

20121126_140459.jpg

The Plantation WFM is an older store on the smaller side. I checked in and set-up shop in front of the cereal aisle, near the front of the store.

20121126_110135.jpg

All decked out and ready to go.

20121126_135950.jpg

The samples are distributed in tiny plastic cups. My job was to smile, hand out samples, and answer any questions anyone had regarding the cereal. There were a lot of folks who weren’t sure about the “healthy” Buckwheat & Hemp cereal, but as soon as they tried it, I got a lot of surprised “hey, that’s pretty good” reactions (I’ll admit not everyone was a fan, but there were definitely a lot more smiles than sour faces after tasting it. πŸ˜‰ )

20121126_114656.jpg

It really is a good cereal. If you want a really sweet cereal, this isn’t going to work for you, but if you want something a littler heartier and not loaded with sugar, this is the way to go. I like to eat it on yogurt with fruit (a phrase I know I’ll be repeating a lot this week. πŸ˜‰ )

After my first shift was over at 2:00, I packed up the car, then headed back in for lunch. I saw a lot of patrons walking around with bright green smoothies that looked delicious and knew I wanted one. I ordered the “Green Dream” (kale, spinach, apple, and pineapple) as part of my lunch.

20121126_141850.jpg 20121126_141853.jpg

Just as delicious as it looked (and, yes, bright smoothies look delicious to me πŸ˜‰ ).

For the other half of lunch, I got a teriyaki burger (eh. I wouldn’t get it again) on a mish mosh of greens.

20121126_142017.jpg

I finished lunch, then drove 20 minutes south to the Pembroke Pines Whole Foods Market.

20121126_154635.jpg

This store was new, big, and beautiful. It reminded me of the Carrollwood Whole Foods that they opened in Tampa earlier this morning. Same lay out and everything.

Just like last time, I checked in, then set up shop in front of the cereal aisle.

20121126_160525.jpg

I loved the associates in this store, everyone was so friendly and kept sneaking back for more samples.

I also had a wandering eye here.

See: cute leggings made from plastic bottles

20121126_160258.jpg

Gingerbread Pita Chips

20121126_160316.jpg

Candy Cane sandwich cookies

20121126_160325.jpg

I wanted it all by the end of my shift. πŸ˜‰

As soon as the clock struck 7:00, I packed up, dropped the stuff off in the car, then returned to the store for dinner.

20121126_191459.jpg

I’m warning you now that you will see a lot of Whole Foods Hot Bar on this blog for the next four days. It’s just so much easier eating in the store, than going anywhere else. I might try to get food out tomorrow when I’m in South Miami, but for today it just worked. πŸ™‚

20121126_191456.jpg

There was also an un-pictured dark chocolate covered piece of ginger (love that stuff).

After dinner I got back in the car and drove another 40 minutes southeast into the heart of Miami. I’m now curled up on the bed in my hotel room with my feet up and a nice cup of hot tea next to me. The only thing missing is Derek and Maddie (I miss them so much!).

Man, I am wiped. Time to go to bed so I can do it all over again in the morning.

Good Night!

1 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats November 26, 2012 at 10:20 pm

This is so cool though that you get to see so many whole foods stores! Whenever I go somewhere new I always try and check out the WF!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Riding the Mizuno Wave

2 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 26, 2012 at 10:23 pm

What a fun opportunity but I’m sure also EXHAUSTING!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Music Monday & The Grinch!

3 Taylor November 26, 2012 at 10:39 pm

I totally LOVE those gingerbread pita chips! You can taste the gingerbread flavor but it’s not overpowering. Delish!

4 Meghann November 27, 2012 at 9:25 am

They were sampling the cocoa ones at the first store and they were GOOD. Maybe I’ll hit a store this week that’s sampling the gingerbread (or I’ll just break down and buy a bag πŸ™‚ )

5 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles November 26, 2012 at 10:54 pm

Those gingerbread chips look so good!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Surprise!

6 Katie November 26, 2012 at 10:56 pm

I’m from Miami and go to the South Miami/Coral Gables store all.the.time. If you need any recommendations for dinner places, just let me know!! I would stop by and visit tomorrow but I’m back up at school at Notre Dame…I would much rather be in sunny Miami! Have fun!

7 Meghann November 27, 2012 at 9:26 am

I’ll be at the Coral Gables location for lunch time. Any suggestions for a good lunch?

8 Shannon November 27, 2012 at 9:59 am

One of my favorite places a couple blocks away is Whisk! The sandwiches and salads are fresh and delicious. You can walk there from WF.

9 Meghann November 27, 2012 at 10:03 am

Thank you!!!

10 Shannon November 27, 2012 at 10:04 am

One of my favorite places is Whisk! The salads and sandwiches are fresh and delicious. You can walk there from WF.

11 Candice November 26, 2012 at 11:10 pm

Gingerbread pita chips… YES please!!
although I wish I could swing by your sample table.. My gpa used to do that and he would make animal noises for little kids! haha! Try that!
Candice recently posted..Gingerbread Pancakes

12 Meghann November 27, 2012 at 9:26 am

haha your Gpa sounds like a great guy πŸ™‚

13 Steph November 26, 2012 at 11:32 pm

Loving ginger these days! Haven’t tried chocolate covered yet! Have a great time!
Steph recently posted..I’m fat! I can’t stay fat!

14 Meghann November 27, 2012 at 9:27 am

Try the ones from the bulk bins at Whole Foods – it’s the best!

15 Steph November 27, 2012 at 11:19 pm

On it! πŸ™‚ Thanks!
Steph recently posted..I’m fat! I can’t stay fat!

16 Christine November 27, 2012 at 4:07 am

I live down the street from the South Miami Whole foods and I have to say its one of my favorite WF!! If you want to try a new restaurant, I recommend 100 montaditios. It’s down the street, relatively inexpensive, and every neat concept.

17 Meghann November 27, 2012 at 9:24 am

Thanks for the recommendation!

18 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes November 27, 2012 at 6:41 am

I always underestimate how exhausting standing can be. That coupled with smiling and talking to patrons would surely do me in, too. πŸ˜‰
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..I’m a FitFluential Ambassador!

19 Natalie @ Free Range Human November 27, 2012 at 7:26 am

Sounds like an exhausting day! I hope you got some rest. I must get some of those gingerbread pita chips! πŸ™‚

20 NYC Fit GIrl November 27, 2012 at 8:12 am

Crazy Day Lady!! Enjoy the alone time πŸ˜‰
NYC Fit GIrl recently posted..The Workout Weekend That Wasn’t

21 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope November 27, 2012 at 8:13 am

Sounds like a fun but tiring day! At least you get to visit Whole Foods. I’d be in heaven. πŸ™‚ Those gingerbread crisps look yummy!
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Pasta Night in the Ninja Cooking System!…

22 Emily N November 27, 2012 at 8:30 am

Eh, I gotta be honest, there is so much variety at the whole foods hot bar – day to day, location to location – that i don’t know that i will get bored of hot bar food! πŸ™‚
Emily N recently posted..A Little Shopping and Vegas Goals (???)

23 Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper November 27, 2012 at 11:00 am

Stop. Gingerbread pita chips?! Oh man, that would be so dangerous in my possession haha…wouldn’t last a day!
Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper recently posted..A Pants-y Pick-Me-Up

24 Sarah November 27, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Those gingerbread pita chips are awesome, especially when paired with the cinnamon raisin hummus that Whole Foods is carrying right now. So yummy!
Sarah recently posted..Getting Over Thanksgiving and Thinking About Next Year

25 Meghann November 27, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Cinnamon raisin hummus? yum! Now I have to look out for that too – thanks for the recommendation!

26 Melissa @TryingtoHeal November 27, 2012 at 1:27 pm

You sure are doing a lot of those demos! I have three next week, but they are each on a different day. Glad it went well!
Melissa @TryingtoHeal recently posted..I’m Sure You’re Sick of Thanksgiving Recaps

27 Meghann November 27, 2012 at 3:29 pm

I didn’t know you were doing them too! Fun! We decided to just make it one whirlwind trip so I only had to go to Miami once. I will admit that it’s tiring though. I’m trying to chug this coffee before my next store. πŸ™‚

28 Jessica November 27, 2012 at 1:51 pm

Not entirely sure where abouts Miami you are but if you have time hit up Casavana. Delicious Cuban food and they have several locations. πŸ™‚
Jessica recently posted..The Decision That Almost Happened

29 Bethany @ Accidental Intentions November 27, 2012 at 3:24 pm

I spent about 8 total hours in two separate Whole Foods a few weeks ago for something somewhat similar to what you’re doing right now, and I have to say that one of the things I really find interesting and cool about Whole Foods is how all their stores are not exactly the same. Growing up, I could go to a location of our local grocery store pretty much anywhere and they were all more or less identical. I like that Whole Foods does different things with different locations. Keeps things interesting!
Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted..One Last Trip

30 Meghann November 27, 2012 at 3:28 pm

I was thinking that today, too! Most of my lovel grocery stores are the same too, but not the Whole Foods.

31 Joanna @ Running Places November 27, 2012 at 7:38 pm

Sounds like a hectic day, but these eats look delicious. If you gotta be stuck working somewhere, looks like Whole Foods is the place to do it! The cereal looks good. I definitely want to pick some up to try!

BTW, that burger is huge and looks amazing!
Joanna @ Running Places recently posted..Week 9: #WIAW Detox-style

32 Courtney November 27, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Working hard for the money, but looks like a fun job! πŸ™‚
Courtney recently posted..Squats = Sassafrass!