All Lit Up

by Meghann on November 25, 2012

We started with this…

IMG_4298.jpg IMG_4322.jpg

and ended with this!

IMG_4358.jpg

My mom has some mad tree-decorating skills. Seriously, if I were to decorate that tree it would look no where near as great as that one.

And, not only does she rock that tree, but there’s the tree in the foyer, too.

IMG_4364.jpg

This tree is my favorite. It’s the one where all of our childhood ornaments are hung. πŸ™‚

You can see more photos of my parents’ house all decorated for the season here, here, and here.

My mom ordered new stockings for 2012.

She got a good deal off of VistaPrint. If you’re looking for custom stockings, I would highly recommend them!

I had a mish mosh of random leftovers for lunch.

Cheese, carrots + guacamole, brussels sprouts, and turkey. Yum.

My aunt and uncle came over after lunch and we spent two hours going over wedding details. I think my head is still spinning from the wedding overload. My aunt is helping with planning/coordinating (best. aunt. ever.) and my uncle is officiating the ceremony. We went over the logistics for the ceremony, as well as plans for decorating the venue. We have a meeting with the venue on Friday to go through their “treasure trove” to see what they have on hand and how those items will work with our vision. Before we do that, we needed to get together and lay out what we have, what we need, and any other questions we need to ask on Friday. It was a productive meeting, but also a head-spinning one.

I’ll be sure to update the wedding page this week with more information on the wedding tasks we accomplished over weekend. I have to say, I feel a LOT better about the wedding stuff after this weekend. So, so, so much better. πŸ™‚

I loaded up my car after my aunt and uncle left, and kissed Maddie and Derek good-bye as they headed home to Tampa. I was going a different direction – straight south to Miami. I’m working with Attune this week and will be doing demos at various Whole Foods Markets around South Florida.

20121101_174301.jpg

(photo from November 1 )

Just a heads up that neither Attune, nor Whole Foods Markets, are paying me to blog about them. I was hired by Attune as an outside contractor for the demos. Since the demos are at Whole Foods, you’ll probably see a lot of Whole Foods on the blog, just because it’ll be easy to eat there while on the road. I’ll be demoing (i.e. handing out Attune samples) at 8 different Whole Foods over the course of 4 days – it’s going to be a busy week!

Since I already knew there would be a Whole Foods near the hotel, I stopped there for dinner when I arrived after 7:00.

Salad bar = easy.

I brought the food back to my hotel, put on a Hallmark Chistmas movie, and proceeded to veg on the couch in front of the tv. Travel dinner perfection.

I’ll basically be living out of my car/ various hotel rooms for the next four days. I’m going to try and keep my meals as clean as possible, as well as get in as much running and strength training as I can (I’ll miss my CrossFit friends this week!). It should be a fun adventure. πŸ™‚

Any tips for staying healthy on the road?

1 Emily November 25, 2012 at 10:53 pm

I love the idea of having two trees! And you’re right – those are some mad skillz your mama has. I always have grand visions for my tree and then …. whomp whomp. πŸ˜‰

Thanks for the tip on VistaPrint! I had no idea they did stockings.
Emily recently posted..Fashion Friday // Be BOLD

2 Becky @ runfundone November 26, 2012 at 12:41 am

Wow! That is an impressive Christmas tree.

After we were all adults, my mother DOWNGRADED our stockings! They’re now the size of a baby sock! I was super happy when I got married since now I can have a big stocking and have hubs fill it!

The most important thing with staying healthy while traveling (IMO) is to keep healthy snacks with you…that shouldn’t be too hard, since you’ll be at Whole Foods! I typically get super hungry when I don’t have a kitchen full of good choices available, and then end up buying naughty snacks!
Becky @ runfundone recently posted..Snowboarding Love

3 TorontoRunner November 26, 2012 at 4:03 am

Hey! I’m a new reader to your blog πŸ˜€

that is two gorgeous looking trees!
TorontoRunner recently posted..Christmas Tree Farm!

4 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale November 26, 2012 at 4:30 am

My Mom is a tree decorating genius as well. Perhaps it’s a trait earned with motherhood? (Fingers crossed that it is and that we’ll also earn it if/when we have kids — because I’m a pretty lame tree decorator at the moment!!)
I love jumble meals. I feel like I can satisfy a lot of little nagging cravings at once and feed my body with balance.
Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale recently posted..The MIMM that Almost Wasn’t

5 lisa fine November 26, 2012 at 6:56 am

Sounds like a very cool gig with Attune Foods. With that sort of thing, do you pay for lodging and travel, or do they cover it for you? (I’d love to so something like this one day.)
lisa fine recently posted..going on here

6 LizForADay November 26, 2012 at 7:53 am

I wish I did have some good tips. The best tip is to have a room with a refrigerator and a hot water pot. You can do wonders with hot water. It is truly difficult for me. I love the Christmas decorations. πŸ™‚
LizForADay recently posted..FD203 – Ubud Kings Home Passport Day

7 Emily N November 26, 2012 at 8:08 am

J and I started our decorating this weekend as well! And by that, I mean, I did while he watched football. πŸ™‚
Emily N recently posted..Beginning of the Christmas Decorating!

8 Beka @ rebeccaroams November 26, 2012 at 8:16 am

I love Christmas decor! Your mom’s trees are beautiful. I love how they are color themed.
We bought three tiny little baby stockings for our little ‘family’ and hung them next to the tree on a side table haha.
I love to go running/walking wherever I am traveling. Best way to see a place! Or take advantage of the hotel gym.
Beka @ rebeccaroams recently posted..#HOLIDAYADAY Photo Challenge

9 NYC Fit GIrl November 26, 2012 at 8:58 am

Looks like a fun Christmas Weekend!!
NYC Fit GIrl recently posted..The Workout Weekend That Wasn’t

10 Melissa November 26, 2012 at 9:23 am

Love the christmas tree pics!!!

11 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats November 26, 2012 at 9:30 am

My mother always has a tree that looks like it belongs in a magazine. I am always so impressed! Eating clean on the road is sooo hard. I always search for a supermarket and grab so fresh foods for the mini fridge but it is never the same. I love getting back home and being able to eat my normal, usually healthy foods πŸ˜‰
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Holiday themed workout music

12 Megan November 26, 2012 at 9:48 am

You can do lots of crossfit wods in your hotel! Burpees, pushups, situps, air squats!

have fun! jealous you get to spend some QT in whole foods!

13 Natalie @ Free Range Human November 26, 2012 at 9:48 am

The Christmas trees are beautiful! Have a fun week!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..It’s The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year!

14 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats November 26, 2012 at 9:52 am

I LOVE Whole Foods! Have fun! and your trees are so pretty! Our tree always has white lights, gold and red balls and candy canes, and then a crazy mishmash of all the ornaments we’ve collected over the years!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Riding the Mizuno Wave

15 Lindsay November 26, 2012 at 2:20 pm

I appreciate that you’re trying to be more open about where your loyalties lie, but I’m not sure you understand the purpose of adding disclaimers to your posts. You should be telling your readers whenever you are being compensated in some way (through free products/race entries, direct payment for blogging, or payments for other services that you review on the blog), regardless of whether the compensation requires you to blog about it. In this case, you are working for Attune foods, which is something you should be announcing to your readers in each post in which Attune products are discussed. Since Whole Foods is not compensating you this time around, you do not need to disclose a relationship with them in these posts. You should note that all opinions are your own even though you are receiving compensation from Attune to hawk their goods at Whole Foods. The purpose of this is to let your readers know where your loyalties lie and what your motivations are behind mentioning certain products, etc. This way, your readers can judge for themselves how much they trust or believe your “honest” opinions. Without disclosing (financial, etc) interests other than your own personal interests in writing the blog, you’re being dishonest with your readers.

16 Meghann November 26, 2012 at 10:16 pm

I’m not reviewing Attune products for the blog. I’m a contracted employee of Attune and will be handing out samples at Whole Foods this week as an employee. The only way this is blog related at all is because I blog about my daily life (otherwise I probably wouldn’t mention it at all). Attune is compensating me for handing out the samples, nothing else.

17 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes November 26, 2012 at 4:27 pm

Wow, your family isn’t messing around with the Christmas stuff! We got our tree this weekend, but we probably won’t decorate it for a few weeks. It’s so much fun hanging ornaments and stringing lights, so I’m really looking forward to it. πŸ™‚
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..I’m a FitFluential Ambassador!

18 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles November 26, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Your mom is clearly a tree decorating genius! I’m excited to get all my decorations up on the weekend. πŸ˜€
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Surprise!

19 Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper November 26, 2012 at 10:16 pm

CHRISTMAS TREE! Yahhhh I’m a big fan of Christmas. My roommates and I have an inflatable Christmas tree costume sitting in the corner of our apartment living room, and I believe that’s about as close as we’ll get to a real tree. Oh college.
Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper recently posted..A Pants-y Pick-Me-Up