more ยป" />

These Are My Thanksgiving Pants

by Meghann on November 22, 2012

(name that tv show!)

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I think we pull the paper pilgrims off rather nicely. Don’t you? ;)

This morning my sisters and I kicked off turkey day off with a little arm work at the gym.

b44db0f234a111e2bf6922000a9f1404_7.jpg

Ashley works at a gym and created an arm circuit for us that consisted of pull-ups, dips, curls, upright rows, should press, and push-ups. It was a great way to kick off the Thanksgiving morning.

I’ll admit I was a little jealous of all the Turkey Trotters taking up my Facebook/twitter/instagram feeds this morning. The closest Turkey Trot near us is still about a 45 minute drive away and we’re usually too lazy to make the drive. Usually we create our own turkey trot, but my foot is still on the mend and Kelly is recovering from an injury too. The gym workout was a great alternative and it was still nice sweating it up with my sisters. :)

After we returned from the gym, we turned on the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade (I love watching the parade for the broadway performances at the beginning – that’s the best part!)

20121122_095852.jpg

Made breakfast

I had 1/2 a waffle, two eggs, and a pear.

And got to work in the kitchen!

My mom’s mini quiches

Deep dish apple pie

IMG_4080.JPG IMG_4083.JPG IMG_4088.JPG IMG_4089.JPG

IMG_4095.jpg IMG_4096.jpg

IMG_4097.JPG IMG_4099.JPG IMG_4100.JPG IMG_4102.JPG

And I made parmesan brussel sprouts (my new favorite side dish).

My Aunt Carol and Uncle Bob hosted Thanksgiving this year. Per usual, we had a huge crowd and were lucky enough to dine outside under the beautiful Florida sunshine. It was a little on the cool side in the shade, but perfect in the sun.

IMG_4127.JPG IMG_4130.JPG

My aunt made pilgrim hats and Indian headpieces for everyone. Can you tell she used to be a teacher?

IMG_4159.jpg IMG_4155.jpg

Even Great-Great Aunt Evelyn rocked one.

Right around 2:00pm, the turkey was carved and it was time to eat.

IMG_4140.JPG IMG_4141.JPG

IMG_4185.JPG IMG_4186.JPG

My plate = awesome

IMG_4183.JPG IMG_4184.JPG

Desserts!

Why are dessert plates so small? I should have grabbed one of the dinner plates for all the pies. ;)

IMG_4196.jpg IMG_4198.jpg

It wouldn’t be Thanksgiving (or any holiday, really) without glurg.

IMG_4225.jpg IMG_4227.JPG

IMG_4252.jpg IMG_4253.JPG

Family time around the fire pit = the PERFECT ending to the day.

I love fire pits. We stayed and talked for over two hours around that pit and I could have easily stayed longer.

Man, I’m wiped. I came home, uploaded the photos, then proceeded to take a mini nap with my lap top still on my lap. My mom said my hands were even still on the keys – I guess I was typing in my dreams? ;)

Time to enjoy a little football, then call it an early night.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Good Night!

1 Cecilia November 22, 2012 at 8:44 pm

Looks like a great Thanksgiving! I thought that quote was from Friends? When Joey was wearing the maternity pants

2 Kathy November 22, 2012 at 8:46 pm

Great pics…it looks like a Walton’s sort of gathering. (Are you even old enough to know who the Walton’s are or ever see a show?) I think I am aging myself.

Looks like a lovely day. (Ours was too…starting with a Turkey Trot downtown Mpls in 50 degrees which right now has turned to snow,wind, and about 28 degrees…crazy temperature switcheroo…)

3 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 22, 2012 at 9:20 pm

There was no glurg at our Thanksgiving but I hear someone’s planning to make it for Christmas!!

Looks like a great day with your family. :)

4 Kaitlyn November 22, 2012 at 9:24 pm

That’s definitely a quote from Friends – 8th season, when Joey “borrows” rachel’s maternity pants (i may watch that show a little toooo much).

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

5 Becky @ runfundone November 22, 2012 at 9:48 pm

What a fun family! I love those pilgrim hats!

6 LizForADay November 22, 2012 at 10:16 pm

I love the hats. I really wanted to lick my screen when I saw the apple pie. Apple pie is my favorite pie. :) Looks like it was a great Thanksgiving. :)

7 Laura November 22, 2012 at 11:30 pm

Ashley’s arms are ripped! Jealous!

8 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes November 23, 2012 at 7:40 am

Wow, celebrating Thanksgiving outside is a foreign concept for me because I’m from New York, but it was unseasonably warm yesterday (around 50 degrees); even the weather people said eating outside could be an option. ;) Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

9 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles November 23, 2012 at 8:03 am

Those are some impressive pilgrim hats :-p

And that deep dish apple pie looks heavenly!

10 nic. November 23, 2012 at 8:58 am

I LOVE YOUR THANKSGIVING. I love that you have enough people to warrant using catering tools. I love that you have a boozy tradition.

Thank you for sharing!

11 Kathryn November 23, 2012 at 9:03 am

where was Derek?

12 MealsAndMiles November 24, 2012 at 6:56 pm

He stayed in Tampa and met us later on.

13 Katie Cummings November 23, 2012 at 9:30 am

I love looking at your big family gatherings , so cool!

14 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats November 23, 2012 at 9:54 am

Haha I have to say our thanksgivings are very different, but I’ve always wanted to do something more casual and outdoors like that, for any holiday! I love getting to sit around a fire pit and just chat, it sounds like a great time to me!

15 Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper November 23, 2012 at 10:50 am

I was legitimately confused when I saw that you guys had Thanksgiving dinner outside…and then I remembered you’re in Florida. Indoor dinner for us New Yorkers! Btw, any chance of a recipe for those parmesan brussel sprouts? They sound delicious!

16 Natalie @ Free Range Human November 23, 2012 at 10:53 am

Looks like an awesome day! And can I just say how jealous I am of your sister’s arms in that picture? Wow!

17 kim@hungryhealthygirl November 25, 2012 at 9:07 am

Looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Feast! Your dinner plate looks wonderful, but the dessert plate looks even better!

18 Jackie November 25, 2012 at 7:35 pm

I live in PSJ and did the Turkey Trot in Cocoa Beach. It was a fun, relatively small race (~1000 participants) and we had a good time. We registered as a team and my husband had to carry the 12-pound turkey during the 5K. :) I’d recommend it next year if you’re looking for one in the area.

19 Jessica December 3, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Hi Meghann! I am a new reader of your blog and love it already! I was wondering what kind of drink glurge is????

20 Meghann December 3, 2012 at 8:48 pm

It’s a mulled wine that my family makes during the holidays