Wedding: The Flower Girl’s Dress

by Meghann on November 20, 2012

I have another item to cross off of my wedding list – our flower girl dress arrived in the mail yesterday.

Quite simply, I love it.

It’s perfect. I knew when I first started researching flower girl dresses, I didn’t want to go the traditional route. They all seamed too formal and not right for our setting. I was randomly searching on Etsy one day and instantly fell in love with this shop (especially when I saw the long sleeves on the dress). I immediately contacted the shop owner regarding a custom creation and she had a custom listing set up within the hour. Two weeks later the dress arrived and I haven’t stop staring at it since.

The lace is my favorite part. I requested an off-white lace with a grey lining underneath (our colors are navy and grey) and the combo is perfect. This was exactly what I wanted before I knew I even wanted it.

Now I just need a flower girl to wear it. She won’t have a chance to try it on until a couple of days before the wedding, but I’m confident based on the sizes her mom gave that it will fit (fingers crossed!!)

1 Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer November 20, 2012 at 1:08 pm

How incredibly cute! This would be great for holiday pictures too!
Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer recently posted..Thanksgiving Tradition Link Up

2 Sneakers2Sandals November 20, 2012 at 1:10 pm

That is adorable! I love how you’re not going the traditional route. I really really love it!!

3 Jen November 20, 2012 at 1:14 pm

That dress is precious!

4 natalie @ will jog for food November 20, 2012 at 1:22 pm

That is adorable!!!
natalie @ will jog for food recently posted..Week 20 – Halfway There!

5 Annette @FitnessPerks November 20, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Oh that is adorable!!

6 Rachel (Two Healthy Plates) November 20, 2012 at 1:26 pm

So cute – love the lace!!!
Rachel (Two Healthy Plates) recently posted..Tuesday Topic: Have a Healthy Thanksgiving – 5 pieces of advice

7 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats November 20, 2012 at 1:51 pm

That is so perfect for your wedding, and so adorable!!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Tuesday Thoughts?

8 Emily N November 20, 2012 at 1:55 pm

It is such a beautiful dress! and you really are hammering out all of your to-dos!
Emily N recently posted..Saturday In KC

9 Amanda @ Eat More Rabbit Food November 20, 2012 at 2:18 pm

What a beautiful dress! I love that it not the typical flower girl dress.
Amanda @ Eat More Rabbit Food recently posted..Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin

10 Belle November 20, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Why didn’t you have it sent directly to her?

11 Gavi November 20, 2012 at 3:11 pm

We didn’t have a flower girl at our wedding, so I’m just curious why this dress is not traditional?

12 Kristy @ Kristy's Health Revolution December 4, 2012 at 4:58 pm

I think a lot of people have the flower girl wear a white dress that mimics a wedding dress.
Kristy @ Kristy’s Health Revolution recently posted..Surprise!

13 Tina @ Best Body Fitness November 20, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Makenzie is going to be a flower girl for my sister in May and I LOVE the look of this dress. So adorable!
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Mmmmm….Noodle Soup

14 Emily November 20, 2012 at 5:13 pm

Love this choice, Megan! It’ll go perfectly with your whole theme. 🙂
Emily recently posted..Fashion Friday // Be BOLD

15 Kari November 20, 2012 at 6:36 pm

This is really growing on me. To be honest, at first I did not like it. But the more I look at it, the more I like it…I like how different it is. Also, being that it’s not the traditional frilly dress, the flower girl could actually, you know, WEAR it again! 🙂

16 Katie Heddleston November 20, 2012 at 8:57 pm

SOOOOO cute!!

17 Kathy November 20, 2012 at 9:55 pm

beyond cute….

18 LizForADay November 21, 2012 at 3:03 am

That is an absolute lovely dress. I think my favorite part is also the lace. I am being lazy, what is the colors for you wedding going to be? 🙂
LizForADay recently posted..FD199 – Bali Volcano .. Crater Lake…Springs… Movie Site

19 Meghann November 21, 2012 at 9:05 am

They’re navy and grey.

20 Chasity Grome November 27, 2012 at 3:59 pm

I love that dress!!! I am so glad I saw this post because I agree with you – this is what I wanted before I knew what I wanted! Well, not this one exactly, but I popped over to her shop and am so pleased with what I saw. Hopefully my flower girl’s parents like it too!

21 Sarah December 10, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Ok so you didn’t tell me this was gonna end up on a blog! Wow! Love it! You are one busy lady! Keep me posted on the wedding details when the flower girl finally gets to try it on. Best of luck w your special day. Xo Cha Cha

22 BillieJo Devine December 10, 2012 at 4:47 pm

I have been ordering ChaCha dresses for over a year. Her creativity amazes me every time I get a new dress for my daughter!!! Congratulations on your ChaCha dress!