more ยป" />

Gloomy Day

by Meghann on November 16, 2012

I love the weather outside right now. It’s overcast, slightly chilly, and gloomy – it feels like fall! I can’t wait to curl up on the couch tonight with a hot mug of cocoa and a made-for-tv Christmas movie.

Yes. Christmas movie. This popped up in my Facebook newsfeed this morning.

135908_10151106871441050_1260891964_o.jpg

As well as this.

Screen shot 2012-11-16 at 3.15.56 PM.png

It has pretty much become a tradition that every November and December I overdose on holiday movies, music, and anything else that’s seasonally themed – I love this time of year! (hence why my wedding is in January and snowflake themed) Plus, the made-for-tv movies are the best – the cheesier the better, am I right?! ;)

Lunch!

I wish I had some soup on hand for this weather, but the eggs did the job just fine. The scrambled eggs included peppers, ham, and spinach with avocado on top.

A blue flax tortilla quartered and served on the side.

And carrot sticks just because.

People voted Channing Tatum as their “Sexiest Man Alive” in this week’s issue.

948b2e56301a11e29b3722000a1fa50e_7.jpg

Who would you put at the top of your list for Sexiest Man Alive? (yes, you may include husbands, boyfriends, or fictional characters in your answer )

1 Amanda @ Eat More Rabbit Food November 16, 2012 at 3:42 pm

I love holiday movies! Especially the old ones =)
And I, of course, say my hubby. And I promise I am not bias! ;)
Amanda @ Eat More Rabbit Food recently posted..Frosty Morning

2 Michelle in Michigan November 16, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Hands down, Matthew McConaughey (but not in his current condition for his new movie!!!). The pictures from a few years ago when he was running with Lance Armstrong just about killed me….

3 Mo November 16, 2012 at 3:51 pm

I am a sucker for ANYTHING Christmasy!!
Sexiest man {besides my hubby} is Ryan Gosling. Why, oh why, did he get overlooked a 2nd year in a row?!?!?
Mo recently posted..Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes

4 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes November 16, 2012 at 3:54 pm

I’m so with you, Mo–Ryan gets my vote!
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..Cleaning Out the Fridge

5 Stephanie November 16, 2012 at 3:52 pm

I wish I got the Hallmark Channel! :( I love cheesy Christmas made for tv movies. So putting the Mistle-Tones on my calendar to record (though it feels like an attempt to capitalize on Glee and Pitch Perfect’s popularity).

6 Candice November 16, 2012 at 4:28 pm

I’m excited for christmas shows to! I actually trained sydney, the blondie on the right! She is a doll! love her and kicks trash in the gym too!
Candice recently posted..Thanksgiving Tips

7 Jean November 16, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Haha, what a funny picture of Channing tatum. Florida fall sounds way different from Alaska fall!
Jean recently posted..3 Miles and Texas Row

8 Elisabeth November 16, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Ryan Reynolds & Ryan Gosling!

9 Caroline November 16, 2012 at 5:22 pm

The cheesier the better is definitely the motto in my family! I love the made for tv movies but they certainly can be really bad:) I’m so excited for the Christmas season!!
Caroline recently posted..Friday Link Up

10 Natalie @ Free Range Human November 16, 2012 at 5:36 pm

Aside from my husband, it would definitely have to be Matthew Mconaughey!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Where In The World?

11 Dione November 16, 2012 at 6:08 pm

After finally seeing “The Artist” last week, I have been crushing on Jean Dujardin. Yes at the age of 37 I still get crushes regularly, though not really on the guys that are usually on those sexy lists. I have eclectic taste and I’ve never cared for young men even in my 20s. To me men don’t reach their peak of attractiveness til at least their late 3os and even more so into the 40s. Now that I’m in that age bracket that’s no issue anymore ( though I had no problem dating an older guy in my 20s ).

12 Julianna @ Julianna Bananna November 16, 2012 at 6:19 pm

those scrambled eggs look so good! :)

i’d have to say ryan reynolds, ryan gosling, and derek hough for the sexiest man alive. but now i need to get my hands on that issue of people because channing tatum is up there too! ;)
Julianna @ Julianna Bananna recently posted..Weekly Workout Recap

13 Sam November 16, 2012 at 6:44 pm

Having watched Coldplay on tour, I reckon Chris Martin deserves a mention!

14 Jules November 16, 2012 at 6:45 pm

I’m a Grinch. Not a big fan of Christmas movies and I don’t even really like putting up the Christmas tree. My mother was the same way and I used to make fun of her, now I’m the same way.

I am a country girl and I really like country boys. Kenny Chesney is YUMMY!

15 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 16, 2012 at 7:49 pm

Oh man…can I marry Channing Tatum PLEASE?! ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday // RACE PHOTOS!

16 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats November 16, 2012 at 10:25 pm

I am a HUGE Christmas fan and love all of the cheesy movies. I am not a huge Channing fan so I would have chosen Ryan Gosling or my all time favorite, George Clooney. He keeps getting better with age ;)
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Tour de Museums

17 LizForADay November 17, 2012 at 5:12 am

I also love this time of year. I am the same way when it comes to overdosing. I say why not? I don’t have a pick for the sexiest man unfortunately. I just like men in general most of the time. :)
LizForADay recently posted..FD195 – Lotus Blossom Ubud Contination & New Day

18 Sloane @ Life Food and Beer November 17, 2012 at 9:05 am

My husband one :) and Ryan Gosling of course ;)
Sloane @ Life Food and Beer recently posted..Our Honeymoon Part 1

19 Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper November 17, 2012 at 10:43 am

Yahhhhh Channing is not the sexiest man alive. Ryan Gosling? Joseph Gordon Levitt? Yes to those!
Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper recently posted..Italian Quinoa Stuffed Peppers

20 Nina November 18, 2012 at 7:19 am

Ryan Gosling, Robert Downey Jr., the Ukranian guy on Dexter right now. :-)