Wedding: Our Guestbook

by Meghann on November 15, 2012

We have a guestbook!

First of all, thank you for all of the great guestbook advice (if you’re looking for some great guestbook ideas, check out the comments of my previous guestbook post – tons of great ideas!)

I ended up taking your advice and headed over to Shutterfly to check out their custom photo guestbook options.

Screen shot 2012-11-14 at 4.08.49 PM.png

(sidenote: I’m not being comped by Shutterfly for this post, nor do they know I used their services or that this blog even exists. I went to Shutterfly.com based on your suggestions and simply want to share my success with their guestbook program. All opinions are solely my own.)

The “Wedding Collection: Guestbook” option was what caught my attention. The photo book includes multiple templates that direct your guests where to sign, as well as giving them ideas on what to sign. You also have the option to include fun stories and really make the book your own.

Screen shot 2012-11-14 at 4.14.29 PM.png

I went ahead and uploaded our engagement photos just to “play” with the templates and to see how I felt about it. The program was really easy to use and didn’t take me long to figure out. After an hour of playing with the different layouts, I knew this was it. The book was fun, full of personality, and totally “us.” Once I showed Derek the book and got his approval, I ordered a copy that night.

Screen shot 2012-10-15 at 5.26.41 PM.png

It arrived a week later.

This was my first time ordering from Shutterfly, and I have to say I was impressed with the quality. It wasn’t anything super fancy or crazy, but it’s not super cheap either. It’s a nice middle ground that coincides with the middle ground price point.

Our book includes a brief introduction on how to use the book, as well as giving a big thank you to our guests for being a part of our special day.

IMG_3652.jpg

And a quick story of how we got to that day.

Then the fun starts!

IMG_3660.jpg

IMG_3661.jpg

Aren’t the layouts fun? That’s just a sampling of what makes up the book. πŸ™‚

I love that guests can leave little notes based on the theme of that page (i.e. 5 years from now…) or just whatever they feel like writing.

And, for our more traditional guests, we have a couple of pages in the back for those who wish to simply leave their name.

IMG_3664.jpg

Easy enough.

Now I just need to find some good pens that won’t smudge on the pages. Any ideas?

1 Samantha November 15, 2012 at 12:44 pm

Such a cute guest book! Definitely bookmarking for the future πŸ™‚
Samantha recently posted..Grateful for Oswego

2 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope November 15, 2012 at 12:51 pm

We used Shutterfly for our guestbook too. I loved how they had formats already prepared for you. It made it so easy and fun to make. Yours turned out great! πŸ™‚
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Honeymoon Recap: Sandals Grande Antigua – Room & First Day!!…

3 Jessie November 15, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Your book looks great! I used the same template :-).

For pens I ended up using fine tipped Sharpies in a few different colors and they seemed to work well.

4 Heather November 15, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Sharpies will work. Bic also makes some acid free sharpie type markers. We used those and they worked great.
Heather recently posted..Wining and Dining

5 Sabrina November 15, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Really cute Meghann!
Sabrina recently posted..Win! Ninja Cooking System

6 Rachel (Two Healthy Plates) November 15, 2012 at 2:16 pm

This is so sweet! We just had pieces of paper that said “leave a wish for the bride and groom” and then we compiled them into the album. This is so fun though =)
Rachel (Two Healthy Plates) recently posted..Food for a day – 11.14.12

7 deva at deva by definition November 15, 2012 at 2:24 pm

depending on the type of paper, I really like Faber-Castell Pitt pens for this. They come in multiple colors and are archival, so you know the signatures will last for a long time. You can find them at Hobby Lobby and Dick Blick.
deva at deva by definition recently posted..A Soup Recipe Mini Round-Up

8 Meghann November 15, 2012 at 2:44 pm

Thanks! I wonder if I can find them on Amazon…

9 Natalie @ Free Range Human November 15, 2012 at 2:31 pm

This looks great! My husband and I did something similar for our guest book and it turned out wonderful!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..A Mid-Week Treat

10 Ellen November 16, 2012 at 8:03 am

The book looks great! I just got a book from Shutterfly and did a ton of writing in it. I used Slick Writer pens made by American Crafts & the writing dried instantly. You should be able to find them at any craft or scrapbooking store.
Ellen recently posted..My Brush With Fame…YHL Style

11 Meghann November 16, 2012 at 10:31 am

Thanks for the tip!

12 Lauren @ Part Time House Wife November 16, 2012 at 8:24 am

Love it!!! we did something similiar and everyone was afraid to write in it! LOL…but we didn’t have any “notes” to them so in all fairness it did just look like a picture book with some blank pages but it is a great idea! LOVE yours
Lauren @ Part Time House Wife recently posted..Hearty Bean and Veggie Chili

13 Sarah November 16, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Sharpie pens, not the fine point sharpie markers but sharpie makes actual pens. I really like using them, they write on pretty much anything, they write well, they don’t bleed through and I do not think they are very smudgy, and you can get a pack with a bunch of different colors or just stick to black.
I do not get paid by sharpie, I just really like their pens.
Sarah recently posted..5k recap

14 Chelsea @ CardioandCocktails November 16, 2012 at 1:26 pm

This is what my fiance and I are planning to use! I use Shutterfly all the time and they constantly have great deals- I actually just made our Christmas cards with them. Yours turned out great!
Chelsea @ CardioandCocktails recently posted..Something Old and Something New

15 CaitlinHTP November 16, 2012 at 4:00 pm

pretty!
CaitlinHTP recently posted..Kale Sludge

16 Lindsay Simone @ The Life Muse November 16, 2012 at 7:22 pm

Sharpies are great. You can use different colors or even just put out colored sharpies that correspond with your wedding colors.
Lindsay Simone @ The Life Muse recently posted..DIY Project Ideas

17 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 18, 2012 at 7:08 am

Such a cute idea!

18 Anne @strawberryjampackedlife November 18, 2012 at 10:40 pm

I love the fun prompts that you used! Ours (also from shutterfly) was more straightforward with pictures of us on one page and lines for the guests to sign on the others. I bought several fine-tiped sharpie pens for the guests to use and had no issues with smudging.
Anne @strawberryjampackedlife recently posted..Wreathing

19 Beka @ rebeccaroams November 24, 2012 at 11:36 pm

The book is ADORABLE! I love it! πŸ™‚
Beka @ rebeccaroams recently posted..Asics Kayano 18 Review

20 Almir August 20, 2016 at 8:02 am

I really can not live without these little dogs, love all, whenever I see one on the street, just take them into the house …