more ยป" />

Lunch with Ben

by Meghann on November 15, 2012

I had a visitor for lunch today.

PB150004.JPG

Hi Ben!

Ben was driving through Tampa for work and called to ask if I wanted to meet him at Taco Bus for lunch. My family has a teeny-tiny obsession with Taco Bus, when ever any of them visit it’s the first place they want to eat at. I mean, there is a reason for that – Taco Bus is pretty tasty. Plus, it’s an easy spot to meet at since it’s right off the interstate.

PB150007.JPG

Instead of my usual tacos, I decided to order the ensalada (a new menu item) with the chicken and cilantro dressing.

PB150003.JPG

The dressing was pretty flavorless. I couldn’t really taste the cilantro, which is a shame because I really like cilantro. The rest of the salad was great. I love Taco Bus chicken and they piled it on nice and high. However, it was missing cheese, some cheese would have been perfect.

I wished my little brother a happy early birthday (I can’t believe he’s going to be 23 on Saturday!) and sent him on his way. I headed to Starbucks to work for a bit, then ran a few errands before heading back home.

I made a killer snack when I got back home: apple slices + almond butter + cheddar cheese (finally got my cheese!)

PB150009.JPG

Yes, I ate the apple slices with the almond butter and cheese at the same time and, yes, it was fabulous. Try it!

Dinner tonight took less than 10 minutes to prepare – I love meals like that.

PB150013.JPG

Peppers. Okra. Leftover sausage. Leftover broccoli. Shrimp. Spinach. Hot pan. Done.

Dessert.

PB150018.JPG

Random thoughts:

• Thanksgiving is a week from today! Who’s ready to eat? Me! Me!
  • My new favorite show is The Mindy Project. Could. Not. Stop. Laughing. Hilarious.
  • My abs are very sore after yesterday’s CrossFit session. Watching The Mindy Project was painful, but worth it.
  • I’m at that point where I’m done with wedding planning. Can we just get married already?
  • Maddie is so pretty. She’s the prettiest dog I know.

I need sleep.

Good Night!

1 Caroline November 15, 2012 at 10:16 pm

It’s so great that you get to see most of your siblings so regularly!! It’s definitely something that’s easy to take for granted. I live close to one sibling, and every time I see him I try to remember to be thankful because I know it won’t last forever. The taco bus sounds great- yummm.
Caroline recently posted..Thankful Thursday and An Auction

2 Laura November 15, 2012 at 10:24 pm

love one pot dishes! when you throw everything in there, what do you season it with? do you use any sort of sauce, or just salt & pepper? i like how you cook–very simple and basic without any muss/fuss of a recipe..but you gotta add some flavor somewhere!

3 Meghann November 16, 2012 at 10:34 am

I’m so basic – I usually just go with salt and pepper. I’m not really a sauce girl – I want to taste the shrimp and sausage – not the sauce. ๐Ÿ™‚

4 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale November 15, 2012 at 11:03 pm

My Mom taught us very early on in life that PB and cheese combos were sacred. I’ve carried this knowledge with me through life. Loving sunflower and goat cheese combo these days. ๐Ÿ™‚
Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale recently posted..30 months

5 Meghann November 16, 2012 at 10:33 am

Yum! Sounds delicious.

6 Jean November 15, 2012 at 11:12 pm

Yay for pretty dogs! I’d kill for a 10-minute meal right now… Unfortunately I’m not that speedy in the kitchen.

7 LizForADay November 16, 2012 at 3:19 am

I will still be in Bali for Thanksgiving. I think that is good. ๐Ÿ™‚ I am thankful that I have a job where I get to travel every now and then, so I can not complain. Otherwise I would be eating like made. I love Thanksgiving. ๐Ÿ™‚
LizForADay recently posted..FD193 – Vacation Tooth Ache Drama in Ubud Bali

8 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes November 16, 2012 at 7:06 am

I’m so, so excited for Thanksgiving! Not only do I get to see my family (and eat a ton of food, obviously!), but I’m also running a local yokel turkey trot, and a race is always a good time. ๐Ÿ™‚
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..Modified Two-Ingredient Pancake

9 Meghann November 16, 2012 at 10:32 am

I wish we had a local turkey trot in my hometown. My family always puts on our own version of one, but it’s just not the same.

10 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope November 16, 2012 at 7:51 am

I cannot believe Thanksgiving is so close! I’m ready to cook! ๐Ÿ™‚ I completely understand what point you are in with wedding planning. I felt the same way but before you know it, your wedding is going to be here. Trust me. It flies by so fast!
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Honeymoon Recap: Sandals Grande Antigua โ€“ A Look at Favorite Places Around The Resort!

11 Rachel (Two Healthy Plates) November 16, 2012 at 8:01 am

I think you’re done with wedding planning after you say “i do” – there’s so many little things at the last minute but they are usually fun things =)
Rachel (Two Healthy Plates) recently posted..Louisville Love: Friday Night Flights

12 Meghann November 16, 2012 at 10:31 am

I meant that I’m mentally done with wedding planning. My brain is maxed out. ๐Ÿ™‚

13 Rachel (Two Healthy Plates) November 17, 2012 at 8:12 am

Oooh – I read that as ” at what point am i done with wedding planning?!” hah
Well, in the case, I totally hear you =)
Rachel (Two Healthy Plates) recently posted..Link me up before you go go โ€“ 11.16.12

14 Lauren @ Part Time House Wife November 16, 2012 at 8:22 am

Yummm… I could go for something with a cilantro flare…to bad the dressing wasn’t that great!
I’m so ready for Thanksgiving food…just not as ready as I should be with the Menu! Ahhh it’s a creepin on me!
Lauren @ Part Time House Wife recently posted..Hearty Bean and Veggie Chili

15 Emily N November 16, 2012 at 8:32 am

How fun to get to meet up with your brother! My brother was in Cincinnati for 4 days and I didn’t even know! So you are really lucky. ๐Ÿ™‚
Emily N recently posted..Lots of #running

16 Beth November 16, 2012 at 9:12 am

Is it wrong that I think your brother is adorable? lol! Hope you had a good night’s sleep. ๐Ÿ™‚
Beth recently posted..Friday Funnies

17 Meghann November 16, 2012 at 10:29 am

haha – he is a little cutie. He’s had girls following him around since he was in diapers.

18 Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper November 16, 2012 at 12:45 pm

I’ve been enjoying The Mindy Project, too! Mindy Kaling in general cracks me up (love her in The Office). If you’ve never read her book, you definitely should! It’s pretty darn funny.