Sunday Run Day

by Meghann on November 11, 2012

Saturday Accomplishments

• Pretty Muddy 5k with the lovely ladies of Tampa Bay Lady Bloggers
  • Ring shopping with Derek (he got his wedding band!)
  • Long walk with Maddie
  • Eating snow crabs at Ballyhoo
  • Watching Snow White and the Huntsman (loved the unique twist on this classic story)
  • Going to bed by ten

Awesome Saturday! :)

After 9 glorious hours of sleep, I was pumped for my run this morning – 8 miles at a comfortable, easy pace.

My running schedule has been kind of wonky since Miami 70.3 (thanks to recovery and traveling. The longest run I’ve done in the last 2 weeks has been 4 miles. Usually this wouldn’t have me too concerned, but I keep forgetting I have the Women’s Half Marathon next weekend. Whoops. Luckily, I’m not the only one who had the race sneak up on them – Mary and I made a pact to take it easy next weekend and just enjoy the course instead of going balls to the walls. I like that plan.

After my run I made a smoothie to cool off with.

In the blender:

• frozen mango
  • ice
  • milk
  • plain chobani
  • chia seeds
  • vanilla whey protein powder
  • peanut butter

Yum. I love mango in a smoothie, adds just the right amount of sweetness without being over the top.

Off to enjoy another gorgeous day in Florida!

Happy Sunday!

1 meghan November 11, 2012 at 10:11 am

So is fruit and peanut butter in a smoothie good? I’ve thought of it before, but I’ve never actually gone for it. Nice 8 miler. I can’t wait for WHM next weekend! What pace are y’all going to keep? I’ve got 17 on the schedule so am running 4 before the race and then using the race as a sort of long run. I’d love to run with y’all if you’re around the pace I’m thinking…
meghan recently posted..Marathon Training Week 9 + Workouts Recap

2 Kathy November 11, 2012 at 12:07 pm

That smoothie looks wonderful…and your mud run was hilarious…I love seeing others doing this but that is just not my thing. ha!

3 Courtney November 11, 2012 at 2:22 pm

I’m a little worried about my serious lack of running and the Half Marathon coming up on Thanksgiving. ;) Haha, we’ll see how that goes!

I am pretty sure you’ll be fine, Meg!

4 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale November 11, 2012 at 2:38 pm

I love making more “summer flavoured” smoothies in the fall and winter. It reminds me of the heat/warmer times and keeps me motivated through the cold seasons. That being said, I can only do smoothies these days after an indoor workout. It’s a warm shower and warm food post outdoor running for me now these days!!
Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale recently posted..Lest we forget …

5 J November 11, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Meghann,

Which model of Garmin watch are you wearing (green in picture)? Thanks.

6 Meghann November 11, 2012 at 8:46 pm

It’s the Garmin Forerunner 10

7 Kristin @ FoodFash November 11, 2012 at 5:51 pm

Can you believe I’ve never put mango in a smoothie before?? I can’t for the life of me figure out why not.

Glad you had such a wonderful weekend!
Kristin @ FoodFash recently posted..Homemade Crusty Bread

8 Greg November 12, 2012 at 7:57 am

I just found your blog, via a mention in the current Runner’s World magazine. I’m definitely a beginner (2 months running), but loving it and appreciating the needed mental healing that physical benefits running has provided to me.

I make a similar vitamin/mineral shake every morning with my breakfast (Half of a frozen banana, ¼ cup of frozen blueberries, TBSP unflavored Vitamin/mineral powder, Cup of unsweetened Almond Milk) and was thinking of adding chia seeds. Out of curiousity, how much of the seeds do you use in your smoothie?

Thanks.

9 Greg November 12, 2012 at 9:36 am

Thanks.
(sorry if this is a double post. I’m having computer issues this morning.)
Greg recently posted..I Gotta Run

10 Meghann November 12, 2012 at 11:12 am

Hello! And welcome! I usually add a teaspoon of chia seeds to the smoothie. If you add too much, the chia seeds gel up and give the smoothie an interesting texture. A teaspoon is just enough to get the benefits of the chia seeds without throwing the smoothie off.

11 Greg November 12, 2012 at 4:49 pm

Thank you much. Happy running.
Greg recently posted..I Gotta Run