more ยป" />

Good to be home

by Meghann on November 9, 2012

Someone was REALLY excited to have me home last night/ this morning.

IMG_3295.jpg

According to Derek, Maddie was a complete angel all week. She slept, slept, and slept some more. I think she was saving up her energy for when mommy came home because the one thing she did not want to do last night was sleep. She was running laps around the house all night and kept trying to get me to play with her. I tried my best to wear her down with a long game of catch when I got up this morning, but man, that girl’s energy is endless!

(p.s. I missed that crazy energy. ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

The drive from Miami to Tampa last night was nice and easy. It actually went pretty quickly thanks to empty roads and a good book. I listened to a good chunk of You are an Ironman on the way; the book started out a little slow and drawn out (yawn), but picked up once he moved past the introduction and got into the meat of the “weekend warriors” training. Besides the drawn out intro my only other complaint would be the male’s voice of the audiobook version. I’m still not 100% convinced it’s a real person and not a computer generated voice reading the book.

I stopped at Panera in Naples and got the “You Pick 2” with the seasonal Harvest Salad and Chicken Stew.

20121108_185204.jpg

Next time I would get the salad without the dressing, otherwise it was all pretty good. LOVED the stew, I need to recreate that home soon. ๐Ÿ™‚

Starbucks recently went paperless with their rewards program and I was saving my earned free drink for something special on the way home.

Screenshot_2012-11-09-08-13-10.png

Just a heads up for anyone who was wondering how to use the free rewards via the app (since there isn’t anything in the app that says “USE YOUR FREE REWARD NOW”), just let the barista know you have a free reward you want to use and scan your card as normal. The free reward won’t be counted towards a drink until you tell them to use it (that was something I worried about – I like to save the free rewards for a big drink and didn’t want to accidentally use it on a tall coffee ๐Ÿ˜‰ ).

My free drink reward went towards a grande pumpkin spice latte.

20121108_193617.jpg

‘Tis the season for red cups! ๐Ÿ™‚

I got home just in time to see Florida State pull out a win (barely a win, but we’ll take it), then crashed hard.

This morning I headed to CrossFit for a lesson in snatch squats.

20121109_075123.jpg

You may recognize the snatch from a little thing called the Olympics.

Weightlifting-at-the-London-2012-Olympics_14_1.jpg

I remember watching some of the weightlifting competitions at the Olympics this year, those folks are intense. My knees hurt just watching them snatch.

Lydia-of-Spain-2012-Olympic-Snatch-Sequence-e1344967952367.jpg

Our snatches weren’t quite as intense this morning, though some of the guys were really impressing me with what they could put up – more power to them! I more or less focused on form and kept the weight on the light side so I could get my body where it needed to be without sacrificing form. I maxed out at the 35lb bar since I was struggling with keeping everything fluid.

WOD:

• 12 Push Press
  • 40 m shuttle (4×10)
  • 8 Snatch Squat
  • 5 RFT (repeat for time)

This one was definitely an arm burner. Since we had to keep the same weight for the entire WOD, I thought I was getting off easy with the Push Press, but the higher number of reps destroyed that theory. I was beat after 5 rounds; my arms were total jello.

20121109_075107.jpg

Post-workout breakfast of eggs, apple slices, and peanut butter.

Yum.

I can’t believe it’s Friday. I’m ready for a weekend at home with my two loves. ๐Ÿ™‚

Happy almost weekend!

1 NYC Fit GIrl November 9, 2012 at 9:51 am

I love snatches! Which is so weird because people hate them! Glad you are back home for the weekend!
NYC Fit GIrl recently posted..3 Day Weekend

2 Rachel (Two Healthy Plates) November 9, 2012 at 10:05 am

Just got my first red cup this morning – Friday celebration!

Happy weekend!
Rachel (Two Healthy Plates) recently posted..Louisville Love: Queen of Sheba

3 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale November 9, 2012 at 10:12 am

My Koda is the exact same way when she sees you after a long time. She’s typically super quiet and laid back, but welcoming you and seeing squirrels are two things that really get her going. I love her spirit — it never ceases to lift mine!! Your Maddie is absolutely adorable.
Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale recently posted..Friday Fifteen

4 Anne November 9, 2012 at 10:27 am

My poor Hokies . . . I didn’t expect us to win (although we do like to play spoiler, especially on Thursday nights in Blacksburg), but I started to get my hopes up a bit too high. Especially after that weird safety in the 4th quarter.
Anne recently posted..Wreathing

5 Margaret November 9, 2012 at 1:44 pm

The game was so sad! To come to close (and almost freeze my toes off) was just disappointing.

6 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats November 9, 2012 at 10:56 am

I’ve been wondering that about my Starbucks rewards, this is the first time I’ve used my phone to pay so it’s still all a little weird to me
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Show Some Love

7 Jean November 9, 2012 at 11:49 am

My dog is almost impossible to tire out too. We can go on like seven-hour hikes and she SEEMS like she’s finally getting tired, but then we run into someone and she goes absolutely insane… The only thing that seems to work is a 5+ mile continuous run where she’s on the leash and can’t stop at all.
Jean recently posted..Crappy but Exercised

8 Christina November 9, 2012 at 12:10 pm

I have the starbucks reward program on my phone and still dont know how to use it. Those snatches look scary thats awesome that you did that. I would just go home. haha. Have you ever considered doing a full ironman?
Christina recently posted..Chicagoโ€™s Perfect 10 intentions

9 Meghann November 9, 2012 at 12:19 pm

I just registered for my first full Ironman for November 2013! I cant’ wait to start training in the new year.

10 Christina November 9, 2012 at 5:26 pm

that is awesome! I want to start getting into tri’s but cycling is my weakest sport. Good luck ๐Ÿ™‚
Christina recently posted..Chicagoโ€™s Perfect 10 intentions

11 Annette @FitnessPerks November 9, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Yay for snatches! I also looovvee the push press. Tough move!
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Friday Humor

12 Belle @ Rebelle Fitness November 9, 2012 at 12:51 pm

The snatch is my favorite oly movement! It definitely takes time to perfect – just like a golf swing, it takes the elite years of fine-tuning to get the movement just right. Stick with it — it will get easier!
Belle @ Rebelle Fitness recently posted..Pistols (Annie) + New Custom Reebok CrossFit Nano 2.0s

13 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats November 9, 2012 at 1:37 pm

I looovvveee red cup season! I don’t think I have ever done a snatch…looks intense!
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Friday Favorites

14 Bethany @ Accidental Intentions November 9, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Oof. I took a women’s conditioning class in college, and for a couple classes we worked on cleans, jerks, snatches, etc. It wasn’t pretty. We had this beast of a woman teaching us how to do it (case in point: when demonstrating with the bar [which was either 35 or 45 lbs alone…I don’t remember], she was like, “Sorry, my form’s not too great. This bar is too light for me.” Um, what? Haha), and even though she explained things really well and made it look super easy, I felt so awkward doing all of them. Like I said, not pretty at all.
Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted..Thursday Things

15 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 9, 2012 at 8:09 pm

I found the new Starbucks app to be SO confusing! Well, at least in regards to using the free reward. Thankfully when I told the barista I wanted to use it but didn’t know how, he filled me in. They could clear that up a bit in a future release…just an idea. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday // Letโ€™s Be Friends!

16 BroccoliHut November 11, 2012 at 8:33 pm

Haha! Margot does the laps around the house too! I wish I had as much energy as she does…