Chop. Heat. Serve.

by Meghann on November 9, 2012

What’s your favorite type of meal to cook?

A couple of colleagues and I were discussing this topic during a break at the conference yesterday. We all agreed casseroles and crockpots were the way to go, simply because they’re so easy to do -just throw everything in a casserole dish or crock pot, and you’re good to go.

Keeping along the same line, I’m a big fan of the throw-everything-in-a-pan-and-let-it-sizzle-on-the-stovetop approach. Let’s take today’s lunch for instance. I didn’t know what I wanted, so I grabbed a little of this , a little of that, chopped it all up, threw it in a pan, and served hot.

Pretty tasty, too.

In the mix:

• peppers
  • onions
  • chicken sausage
  • mushrooms
  • spinach

To fill the plate, I had a serving of pita chips and hummus on the side.

It’s GORGEOUS outside today! I think I’m going to sneak away with Maddie and enjoy the sunshine.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!

1 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale November 9, 2012 at 4:11 pm

I’m all about the easy meals — cereal, eggs on the griddle, or tossing anything and everything in tin foil and putting it in the oven and forgetting about it. Yummy and functional. I can’t wait to get a crock pot and rock it on a daily basis. Fingers crossed for Christmas!!
Enjoy the weather — it’s gloomy here, the sun’s setting and the temp is falling, but I’m going to bundle and go to running team training before my overnight shift regardless!!
Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale recently posted..Friday Fifteen

2 Rachel (Two Healthy Plates) November 9, 2012 at 4:13 pm

My favorite meals to cook are what I call “clean out the fridge meals” – meals you can toss any leftovers veggies, beans, grains, etc. in and go. I usually try to do this with omelets, soups, and pasta sauce!
Rachel (Two Healthy Plates) recently posted..Link me up before you go go – 11.9.12

3 Sloane @ Life Food and Beer November 9, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Something I make A LOT is grilled chicken breast, sauteed veggies (whatever we have on hand. Usually a mix of a bunch of stuff), and brown rice with Sazon in it. We have it all the time. It is quick/easy/and yummy!!
Sloane @ Life Food and Beer recently posted..Life Food and Beer Turns ONE!

4 Hillary November 9, 2012 at 4:43 pm

I literally made that exact same thing (minus the chips and hummus) for dinner last night. WEIRD.

5 Natalie @ Free Range Human November 9, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Definitely crockpot or casseroles. Meals that have 4 or 5 different components wear me out! The lunch looks yummy. I love sauteed mushrooms!

6 Cher @ Weddicted November 9, 2012 at 5:59 pm

I often just throw whatever I feel like in a pan for lunch if I’m at home (or breakfast, with a dippy egg or two on top). Add a couple of spices and you’re done. It’s easy, healthy, and delicious!

I must say I like dishes that can be thrown in the oven, too. You don’t have to worry about cleaning a million pans, and you don’t have to watch it, either. Just wait for the beep and take it out.
Cher @ Weddicted recently posted..Friday favourites

7 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 9, 2012 at 6:35 pm

That looks SO good! I love meals that are easy but also SUPER yummy!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday // Let’s Be Friends!

8 Annette @FitnessPerks November 9, 2012 at 8:23 pm

I love easy quick meals! And that looks delish!

9 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats November 9, 2012 at 9:44 pm

90% of my meals look like that. I love throwing whatever I can grab into a pan. The fl weather really has been fantastic lately!
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..To run or not to run?