Catch

by Meghann on November 6, 2012

Look – I’m official! πŸ™‚

20121106_141023.jpg

It’s always fun to see events you’ve worked on for a while start to come together. Even being able to put names to faces and or seeing set-ups in person instead of just diagrams – it just makes everything more real.

Technically the Social Mobile Payments conference doesn’t start until the kick-off cocktail party tonight, but we had the hotel walk through this morning and worked on stuffing badges, setting up the room, and going over registration details.

20121106_111325.jpg

Then headed for the hotel restaurant for lunch.

20121106_132451.jpg

I had high hopes for the plantain chips the meal started with, but they were a little tough and hard to chew. Eh. Not for me.

20121106_133534.jpg

Still looked pretty. πŸ™‚

20121106_133537.jpg

For my entree, I ordered the “Catch Salad” which came with avocado, lump crab meat, mozzarella, tomato, and arugula.

20121106_134546.jpg

The salad was delicious. I need to do seafood on salad more often, it’s so refreshing, especially when enjoyed outside in the lovely Southern Florida sunshine. πŸ™‚

I’m catching up on email right now until the kick off tonight. I’ll be working the registration table, then heading to dinner with some conference VIPs – should be fun!

1 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale November 6, 2012 at 4:54 pm

I do seafood on salad nearly daily — but mine isn’t fresh!! Quite jealous!
Good luck with your coordinating efforts!
Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale recently posted..You Just Might Get It …

2 Annette @FitnessPerks November 6, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Oh that salad looks tasty!!! Have fun tonight πŸ™‚
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Pull-ups?

3 Grace @ Grace Dishes November 6, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Enjoy the event!

I love the presentation in the chips. Salad looks yummy too πŸ˜‰
Grace @ Grace Dishes recently posted..Vegas Recap Part 6 (Hitting the buffet once last time)

4 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats November 6, 2012 at 5:49 pm

that salad looks delicious! good luck with tonight!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Last Chance!

5 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats November 6, 2012 at 7:15 pm

Yum! I dont think there is anything better than avocado on a salad.
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..How to prepare for a big day

6 Rachel (Two Healthy Plates) November 6, 2012 at 7:54 pm

Plantain chips are awesome – too bad those weren’t very good =(
Rachel (Two Healthy Plates) recently posted..Tuesday Topic: How to β€œBulk Up” your meals

7 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 6, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Have fun!!

8 kim November 6, 2012 at 10:40 pm

since event coordinator is your job title there, maybe it’s worth having it spelled correctly on your badge.

9 Debbie B. November 7, 2012 at 6:22 am

Kim, that would have been my fault. Although we checked the spelling of names that mistake slipped through the cracks. Now it is too late to do anything but hold our head up and go on.

10 Brianne November 7, 2012 at 9:00 am

Your a event coordinator? I thought you we a blogger?? Do you plan events for people on the side that you never mention? Sounds neat!