On the road again

by MealsAndMiles on November 3, 2012

Last Saturday we headed south for Miami 70.3, this Saturday we’re going north to volunteer for Florida Ironman.

image

Two races, one state, three crazy siblings who love to drive.

image

image

Scratch that, we hate to drive, but we love to race and I’m really excited to be on the other end of the race experience this afternoon. We’ll be catching finishers at the finish line, a task I’ve heard can get …interesting.

We left Titusville around 4:30 this morning, and my dad made us sausage and eggs before we left (father of the year anyone?). I slept for the first half and had an apple and some nuts when it was my turn room drive.

image

We stopped in Tallahassee (Go Noles!) at Dunkin Donuts only to discover they were out of pumpkin donuts and munchkins (boo). I had three red velvet munchkins instead.

image

Still tasty, but not the same.

We are a few miles from Panama City now and ready to get our volunteer on. This was another phone post, so I hope it works!
Laters!

1 Jean Abrahamson November 3, 2012 at 11:22 am

The pictures looks amazing. Why on earth do ya’ll hate to drive? I love to drive. Anyways I hope you had fun.
Jean Abrahamson recently posted..kimkardashian24h.com

2 Michelle November 3, 2012 at 11:30 am

Have fun!
Are you signing up for an ironman after this 🙂
Michelle recently posted..Pile on the Miles! It’s GO TIME

3 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 3, 2012 at 11:33 am

Definitely sounds like a fun and maybe interesting experience. Enjoy!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Climb.It.

4 Ashley November 3, 2012 at 12:04 pm

I’ll be volunteering as well – Hopefully see you guys there. Just scream out for Ashley and I’ll com-a running!

5 KA November 3, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Have fun volunteering — and good luck catching people!

And also — red velvet munchkins sound DELICIOUS. I don’t think I’ve seen them in DDs near me…but maybe I just haven’t been looking hard enough!

6 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes November 3, 2012 at 1:42 pm

Triathlon volunteering is so much fun! I’ve done body marking and wetsuit peeling/stripping, but never finish-line catching–should be interesting. 🙂
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..Hurricane Sandy—Back in Business

7 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats November 3, 2012 at 3:01 pm

I can’t wait to hear about your volunteering experience, I’ve actually never volunteered for a race! I should get on that…
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..November Goals

8 Kari November 3, 2012 at 4:14 pm

have fun!!!!

9 lisa fine November 3, 2012 at 4:42 pm

You guys look a little tired. 🙂 I don’t blame you. What a fun thing to do! I’ve only volunteered at one 5k, but I’d love to volunteer for a marathon or Ironman one day.
lisa fine recently posted..why vermont?

10 Grace @ Grace Dishes November 3, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Enjoy the event and sibling bonding on the trip! I love road trips because of all the fun chatting that goes on in the car. This definitely takes me back to my college sorority days when we roadtripped a few times a month!
Grace @ Grace Dishes recently posted..Vegas Recap Part 4: Wedding in Vegas

11 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats November 3, 2012 at 8:20 pm

ugh I hate driving I10…it’s the worst. But I also hate driving in general lol I hope you have fun volunteering and seeing the ‘other side’ of a race.
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Greek Festival and Big Easy Snowballs

12 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale November 3, 2012 at 10:32 pm

People who head out on road trips in the dark never cease to remind me of the gang travelling to the Quidditch World Cup in HP and the Goblet of Fire … Random! I know. But your Dad making you eggs and sausage totally reminds me of Mrs. Weasley getting them breakfast before heading out too.
I hope you have a splendid time!! Races always need great volunteers. I’m sure that knowing what it’s like to be in the athletes’ shoes will make you and your siblings some of the best out there!!
Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale recently posted..We’re Here For A Good Time